File 31: The One with the Big Deal

Please vote before you read, I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Ariana

We've been standing on this balcony for about thirty minutes and I still haven't spoken a word to him. I'm with loss for words, I can't seem to find them and I don't know what to say. He hasn't moved from his spot behind me and neither have I; leaning against the railing, I stared off into the distance as I struggled to pull words into one.

The time has come and he has finally remembered what I had done two years ago, something that will possibly put an end to this thing we called us. I've planned to say certain things before but at the moment, I couldn't gather the words I planned to say. I couldn't speak, my entire body was in complete and utter shock due to his confrontation.

"I..." I start but I couldn't finish, not right now at least. He moves to join my side but leaves a torturous gap between us, staring up at the sky with slight red eyes that burned with a small amount of intoxication. I look away, staring up the dark blue sky that was ignited by the fire burning from the stars, the fire that reminded me of Harry and I.

We're one of those fires that aren't controllable, all we do is get worse and worse before we're put to an end, nothing good ever comes from the two of us - it's always a disaster.

I open my mouth to take a deep breath, eye-lids drop in rapid blinks and I shake my head from side to side. I never wanted it to come up ever again, I wanted him to forget about it all like Dr. Winchester promised would happen, but it didn't. The operation somehow failed and his brain is memorizing things I wanted him to forget whether it was my birthday or if I prefer Pepsi or coke; but he knows.

"Harry," I try again but I just can't bring myself to the words that I'm crossing in my mind, but it seems as if I didn't have my voice, "It's just..." I stop once again and I shake my head, bring my head onto my hands and tugging on the roots of my hair, sighing.

I finally manage to take a lingering glance at him and the corner of his mouth turns upward, green eyes meeting brown ones, "I mean it isn't much of a big deal..." His fingers drum along the silver railing.

My brows knit together in confusion and my eyes slightly widen, "What?" I say, actually turning the entirety of my body to face him, "What do you mean it isn't much of a big deal? Of course it is." I look at him in disbelief.

"Not really," He chuckles, turning his body and leaning his back and elbows against it, "All you did was try to make me jealous tonight..." He stared up at the sky, the reflection clear in the sparkle of his eyes.

I nearly choked, patting myself on the chest and he gives me a strange look, raising both brows, "Jealous?" I cleared my throat once again; he doesn't really know what I had done with him years ago, at least not yet, what he meant by knowing something was knowing that I was trying to make him jealous with Ethan tonight, brilliant.

"Were you expecting me to say something else?" He asks.

"No," I answer quickly but he doesn't think suspicious about it, "I didn't think it would work since you had yourself busy with her all night..." I look away, exhaling loudly.

"Are you kidding me? Worked like a bitch, I was only trying to make you jealous in return, baby." His words were just a bit slurred, due to his intoxication, "Did it work?"

"No," I say flatly, picking at my nails for a second before looking up to him with a slight smile, "I don't get jealous, you can do what you want with her, it's not like we're anything."

Hurt flashes through his facial expression for just a second before taking a step forward, "So you're telling me that we have nothing? You and I, we have nothing?" Air blows from his nose in a sign of laughter, "Are you serious? If we were nothing, just a simple touch from me wouldn't get you worked up." He smirks.