File 32: The One with the Stubbornness

Ariana

My finger tips constantly brushed over the stitching, tracing his initials ever so lightly with the tip of my fingers. This was dropped, left behind to be on it's own and coincidently found by me. I know he's out there in the cold, alone, soaking in the rain - I felt the need to do something about it.

I didn't forget the fact that the men had mentioned beating the shit out of him when I was on the phone with them earlier and I have this fear inside of me that he's walking around, every part of his body aching with every step he took. The thought was all it took to convince me to find him, running back to the limo and yanking on the door handle until Baltizar unlocked it.

I slam the door shut, brushing the wet hair from my face and taking deep breaths, "Make a U-turn up ahead, I have a feeling Harry went that way, drive slowly." He nods his head and puts the car into drive, turning out of the parking spot against the curb.

I peered out of the windows as I yanked the heavy coat off of my body, tossing it onto the floor to keep the leather seats from getting wet. It was cold, yes, but the jacket was soaked and it just made the entirety of my body even colder than it would be.

My legs were shaking excessively as my eyes searched for his tall figure, hoping for the best every time I'd look some where different. My hands were folded in my lap, fingers tangled within each other as I struggled to keep myself still.

I constantly tell myself that I don't care about him, I don't care if he's hurt, I don't care if he's alone - but another part of me says the opposite. It's saying I do care, I'm scared by the thought of losing him, terrified by the fact that he is out there all alone.

No matter how hard I try to convince myself, my heart and mind are going two separate ways. The truth is, I don't even know what I'm doing anymore.

Harry

I didn't have any idea of where I was headed, I didn't really care either. By this point, my body was being dragged along with me and every part of my body ached. I wrapped an arm around my torso, supporting myself to keep going but I couldn't go any longer.

Leaning my body up against a brick wall, I took long ragged breaths. I could barely hold myself up now, the pain overwhelming my senses and I have this urge to lie down. Long strands of hair was sticking to my face, sending water droplets down to fall onto the skin of my face.

The wind was viscous, my body shaking mercilessly due to the horrid cold. Cool air rushing through my hair, blowing wet strands all over the place. I wish I still had my coat, the weight of it would have helped to keep me warm. All I had was a flannel, dress pants, and socks to cover up my feet - which were already wet and the feeling of it whenever I took a step made me cringe.

The thieves, those men are the reason I question humanity in this world. There wasn't a feeling in the world that had mentally told them to stop, to leave me alone, to feel guilty for what they were planning to do. Instead, they went on with their plan and did what they did; they hit me, kicked me, stole my coat, my socks, my phone, everything that I valued enough to bring with me.

Ariana, oh I can go on forever about her. From things that I absolutely loved about her and to the worst things that she could possibly do to me. Tonight, she did the worst. I watched her facial expressions twist in so many different ways as she pulled back into her mind and trapped herself into the entirety of her own thoughts.

She wanted to end whatever it is that was between us; just one bad mistake that I made helped her decide what she was going to do. After all of this, I wish that I was smart enough to keep myself from the woman with the blue eyes, but during my drunken state, her skill in persuasion was enough to convince me to give in to the cliche thing to do.