File 47: The One with the Guilty Pleasure

Ariana

Lucas Crawford - cute, sweet, and extremely flirty, but he's boring me to absolute death with his stories that I've zoned out of about twenty-five minutes ago. He's making hand gestures, laughing as he talks and I occasionally nod to let him know that I'm listening every now and then, but all I can focus on is Harry descending the small set of steps with a glass of wine in his hand and Louis by his side, hands behind his back as they greet two people at a time.

My heart would clutter every time he'd laugh or smile and I had this urge to get up, walk over to him and kiss his face, but I had to remind my own self that I was mad at him. Slowly, I was getting over it all and I'm beginning to think that it was a stupid reason to be mad in the first place.

In Abigail's words - "You're stupid as fuck, Ariana. I know that you're just looking for excuses to be mad at him, because you're so falling for his ass and you have no other way to show your love for him other than being angry for no reason." - I don't agree with her most of the way, but she's somewhat right.

My breathing stops the moment his eyes make contact with mine and I smile at him, he seems to be surprised at first, but he returns the smile and taps Louis' shoulder to excuse himself. He whispers something into his ear and starts his way towards my direction, his hands remaining behind his bag as he took long strides.

I watched him in fascination with my chin in the palm of my hands, "I assume you're not listening to me now, because I can't even get your attention... Ariana." I shake out of the trance when my name is called, blinking in rapid paces as I try to comprehend it all.

"Yes,.. yes?" I raise my brows, ruffling a hand through my hair, shamelessly glancing back to Harry and getting all giddy inside as he gets closer and closer to me, "Y-You called?"

"You weren't paying any attention to me and that's a first I've had all night..." He trails off once he realizes that I had zoned off, again, "I can't believe that I'm having trouble getting a beautiful girl like you to even look at me. This never really happens to me, like, I don't even know how to feel about that."

"I guess I just sort of have my eye on someone else," I bite my lip, straightening my shoulders once Harry approaches the table, green eyes staring me down with intensity, "Harry."

"Ariana." He nods his head, winking before he turns his head towards Lucas, "I would like to believe that this man wasn't hitting on my lady, am I correct?" He's slightly glaring, but he is successful in keeping his expression calm.

"Correct. Harry and Ariana, right? I've heard much about you two at work," He smirks and rises from his seat, "If you'll excuse me, I got things to do. Have a great night, you two." I fake a smile and we watch as he disappears into the crowd before speaking.

"I'm sorry." Harry and I say at once. His face lights up with a cheeky smile as he shyly turns his face into his shoulder. He was cute, and I definitely just want to make out with his face.

"You first. No, I'll go first." I nod, leaning forth to close the space between us, "First of all, I'm sorry that I lied to you. I should've known not to keep anything from you, because I did know how much you hate liars but--" He stops.

"But what?" I ask, playing with my fingers. I should have known that there was a reason, and knowing this causes my shoulder to slump with heavy guilt - I kissed Zayn - he chews his bottom lip, "Tell me."

"But Zayn told me to keep it from anyone in the building. Even our friends, even you. It was hard, I tried to convince it to be otherwise, but he stood to his ground." My mouth falls open, my breathing quickening as I began to feel more guilty than ever - I kissed Zayn.