File 44: The One with the Ball to Crash

mature content ahead, prepare your minds.
it basically is the whole chapter, just read the beginning then skip ahead if your aren't into smut.
-

"It all happened a night ago," Chief J.Miller speaks, walking ahead while we trailed behind him, trying to keep up. "They were prepared when it came to holding serious weaponry, it felt as if they had more that us, which should be quite impossible."

We came to a stop in front of a glass door and he presses the pad of his thumb to a scanner, the green light reading his finger-prints, the glass door sliding open, "It seemed that they had everything planned out, they happened to discover the secret tunnels hidden beneath the basement. We figured that a few came in from there, grabbed him and helped him escape while others came in through more obvious exits and entrances to keep us distracted."

"What do you want us to do about it? I know it's clear that you want us to go after him, but how?" I ask, he stops and turns to face us, the boys lacking awareness and bumping into me, causing me to stumble forward.

"We've been keeping track of major events taking place in the next few days and we've come across one." He turns, walking forth while we followed behind him, again. Jay whisks by the secretary's desk, retrieving a folder that had been set out for him to take, "It's a Christmas masquerade ball, it's crazy to think that these still exist."

"A ball?" Ariana asks, scratching her head in confusion, "Sounds to me like they're throwing a party because they're expecting us to show up." Jay flips through the pages, nodding his head as she spoke.

"That's quite obvious, Grande, we've already got that figured out." She furrows her brows, biting her lip as if she was taken back by his response, "Anyway, take a seat, we have a few things to discuss." He enters a code before he pushes another glass door open, the few of us walking into his office and sitting amongst one of his couches.

It was me, Ariana, Zayn, Niall, Liam, Calum, and Luke - we were all squished on one couch and we didn't understand why, but we all went with it, acting as if it was a normal thing.

"Would you like me to bring in another couch?" J.Miller asks and we all share a few glances before shaking our heads, shrugging our shoulders, "Okay then... This party will be happening Wednesday night, be prepared."

"Wednesday night? Who throws parties on a week day, lame." Luke says and Calum scoffs, leaning his head onto his shoulder, "Is there going to be a lot of old people there? I have a feeling that there's going to be," He questions.

"Probably." Jay responds, giving a firm nod before his fingers typed amongst his laptop's keyboard, "But it's an obvious disguise. They just want to make you guys feel as if you need to keep your work hidden and minimal, but don't hold back because of the elderly that will be present. Got it?" We all nod, "Good. If any-thing bad happens, just pull the fire alarm and evacuate everyone, because there's a slight chance that this can all be a trap."

"Lovely," Ariana says, crossing her leg over the other with a faux smile, "The possibility of being killed is always fun."

"Isn't it?" Miller uses sarcasm in return, "But don't do anything stupid, Grande. We all know that you could get impatient and have this need to do it all on your own, don't do any of that this time. Okay?" She rolls her eyes.

"Was that necessary?" She asks.

"No," He presses one last button and printing a piece of paper out, placing it into the file, "But it was fun." He grins, sliding the folder across his desk and giving it to us, "This is classified information, there's permission granted only for Styles and Grande's eyes. The rest of you aren't allowed to get a single glance or lay one finger on it. Agents?"