File 27: The One with the Bloody Knuckles

.

~ Zayn ~

.

.

"What the fuck do you mean, Ryder? You promised that you had everything under control the last time we fucking spoke! What could've went wrong for the past two weeks?" I pinch the bridge of my nose, moving both hands to massage my temples next in an attempt to rid of the throbbing ache in my head.

"I'm sorry! This wasn't supposed to happen, it wasn't expected! I knew you need the job to be done, trust me we're trying our best here, but it's tough!" He takes the seat across from me, "There's something wrong, Zayn. I didn't want to tell you anything because I thought that I would have everything in control by now, but it's not. There's a glad in the damn system," He nervously spoke.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I leaned forward, hands gripping the arms of the chair strongly, my knuckles growing white from the impact, "Please fucking tell me that this is all a joke and we'll just laugh it off, after I beat your fucking ass." I spoke coldly, he flinched.

"I'm not joking, we're not joking." He replies, scooting to the most back of his seat, trying to create as much space between us as he can but that doesn't stop me from reaching over and gripping him by the collar of his shirt, yanking him back onto his feet, "Zayn, please! I swear, I fucking swear that it will all be fixed soon, we just need time." he begs, trying to step back once I rose my fist and he trips over the foot of his chair, scared.

Let's just say that I wasn't exactly me when I was angry, he knew that.

"What makes you think that I'll fucking trust you again?" I shouted, taking steps forward and he hurries up to his feet, "You know everything that I'm capable of and you still screw me the fuck over. Deal is done with, I'll get someone else to take you spot, you're done." I crack my knuckles, stepping over him, placing feet on either side of him. I lean over and grasp a handful of his shirt and slightly lift him from the floor, one hand holding him steady, "I suggest that you run after this because if we ever find you again, you're fucking dead." My fist swung and met his nose, the cracking of the bones was heard and he cried out in pain, falling to his side and cradling his nose as blood flowed out of it.

"You—" He cried out again, blood dripping onto his white shirt and I shake my throbbing fist off, "You broke my nose!" A smirk forms on my lips and he scooted away, slamming his back against the wall, "You're fucking insane! Get out, get out, get your ass out of here now!"

He pinched his nose and tilted his head back, trying to stop the bleeding. He screams out in pain and a guy rushes through the back door, dropping it jacket onto the ground and rushing over to me. His eyes widen and he hesitates to get to Ryder, his hands twitching in either direction, whether to reach for his phone to call the cops or to help his friend. He chooses to call for help, what an idiot.

"Oh, please. You think that's going to help?" I reach onto my pocket and takes a step back, thinking that I would pull a weapon out but calms when my wallet comes with my hand instead. I opened my wallet and let the shiny badge do it's job, I grinned smugly.

"I originally came in because I knew you would be here, it was particularly for business, my friend." I look over to Ryder and he swallows thickly, glaring once the word friend leaves my mouth, rolling off my tongue like venom, he was no friend and nor was I to him, "I can reassure you on how quickly this can turn into something much, much worse. How 'bout that?" I said calmly, shoving my wallet back into the back pocket of my dark jeans and the man backs away, hands up in the air to prove that he is defenseless.

"Stop that, I just needed to give your, our friend a little sneak peek of what'll happen if I ever see him again. If I ever run into you, again, I will fucking end you and it'll be your last hour." I take a brief glance over to Ryder, who's shirt is stained with blood along with the trail falling from his nose, to his mouth and down his neck, "I heard blood stains are tough to get rid off, might as well get rid of the entire shirt when you're done here." I add, offering a malicious smile and I turn on my heel and escort myself out of the store.