File 48: The One with the Loud Hallways

And this is where it all begins...

Zayn

She was sleeping along Harry's side, her head resting onto his chest while her fingers tightly held onto the material of his shirt. Her eyelids would flutter every time he'd cough or a finger would twitch, but she'd calm herself when the room was silent again.

The only thing audible was the steady beat of his heart through the machine and the sound was quite horrifying. I leaned my body against the doorway but missed and bumped my head against the border, causing a loud thump to be heard throughout the small room.

She springs up from her position, throwing an arm over Harry's body and reaching under the pillow to draw her pistol. I throw my hands up in surrender and she sighs in huge relief, quick to hide the weapon back beneath the pillow, "I thought you were someone else." She whispers, turning to push his hair out of his face.

"...Who did you think it was? Seems like you were expecting someone that was wanting to murder you. Ariana are you.." She hushes me, lightly touching Harry's chest with gentleness before pushing off of the bed and making her way towards me.

The moment she closes his room door I speak in a low voice, "What's wro--" I'm cut off with the feel of her hand smacking against the side of my face. Gently massaging my cheek, I look at her in bewildered disbelief, "What the fuck?"

"How fucking dare you!" Her eyes were dark, burning into my own as she looked at me with such intensity, "You're the one that forced him to keep the secrets in the first place and when I went to you, you acted as if you weren't part of it when you had everything to do with it. What is wrong with your sick mind? I can't even look at you right now." She turns away, bringing a hand to her chest as she breathed heavily.

"I-It seemed like a great idea at the time," She turns back around, arching a brow in response to how idiotic I sounded, "It wasn't just you we were keeping it from, we were hiding it from the others too. Ariana, what we've figured out can change everything but we had to be sure first. That's all, this wasn't purposely done to you-- you know that I would never." Shaking my head, I look her straight in the eyes.

"Do not use that on me, do not look at me like that because you know that I will give in." She prods my chest with the tip of her finger and I turn my head to look down the hall, "Tell you this, I'm pissed because after I risk everything and kiss you, I'm told that you were the cause of my anger in the first place." Small palms are shoving at my chest, pushing me further and further across the hall.

When my back hits the wall, she continues to aim at my chest, smacking me with all of her might, "I was mad at him for keeping secrets when you're the one that told him to keep it from m--us." She punches my chest again, "I don't think you know the definition here, but we're a team, Malik. We don't keep shit from each other and we sure as hell don't load each other with a bunch of bullshit like you did to me that day." I could be wrong, but I swear I saw a hint of a tear.

"Ariana, everything I said,... I didn't mean any of it, I was just hurt. When I found out that you only kissed me because you wanted revenge on him, it wasn't exactly my favorite way to spend the morning." She shifts uncomfortable, "Yeah, you're not innocent here either, missy. You use me against my will and now you're here telling me that everything I said hurt you? Y-You're something else, Grande, but definitely no angel." She bows her head looking at me through dark lashes.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think you know the meaning of a team either because teammates don't go around using each other and kissing them when they don't really mean it." Turning the other way and reaching for my keys to pull them out, "I'm going for a drive, don't bother looking for me for the rest of the night."