34th Meeting

I could see the silvers upon him
The shadow slither across his skin
Under the stop light, bathed in color of blood
Why do you want to destroy yourself in order to save that child? ❞
- D

➴ ➵ ➶ ➴ ➵ ➶ ❦ ➴ ➵ ➶ ➴ ➵ ➶

Flag    

"What is it this time, Dee?" puno ng pagbabanta kong tanong sa babaeng nasa harapan ko.

Nang humakbang ito pasulong, agad akong napaatras ng dalawang beses palayo sa kanya. As if she's carrying a disease, I need to maintain my distance to avoid any unfortunate event that might occur which could lead me to danger.

"The silvers consume the color I bear. That would lead you to danger rather than what you have thought, Flag."

Hahakbang ulit ito ng isa pa nang mabilis kong kuhanin ang pana sa likuran ko. Walang alinlangan kong itinutok ito sa kanya na naging sanhi ng kanyang pagtigil.

"You really loathe me that much, don't you?" sabi niya habang hindi pa rin nawawala ang ngiti sa mga labi.

"It wasn't only me who hates you. Each ordinaries in this normal world does."

"But they're not aware of our existence, Flag. I doubt if they really hate us."

Sumunod ang pagkakatutok ko ng pana sa kanya noong maglakad-lakad ito. Hangga't maaari, hindi ko inaalis ang tingin sa kanyang direksyon lalo na't may kakayahan itong maglaho ng parang bula kapag hindi naging atentibo ang isang tao.

"You keep sacrificing yourself for that child. As if this heroic act would reciprocate of what you believe is destined to happen. You know that whatever you do, she must die to maintain the balance of the two worlds. And I, the Fate itself, won't allow you and your whole company's plan of altering it."

"Why did you grant the Ghostman to change his destiny?"

Saglit natahimik ang kausap ko bago ito muling nagsalita.

"I wasn't the one who gave him the chance. I never allow anyone to change what is bound to happen--"

"No one would believe you because of your sick games, Dee. You don't know what it feels like to be played because you're not capable of having mercy for every Fate you hold. Your excuse won't save you from the fact that you're a cruel entity who don't belong in this ordinary world."

As if my words didn't affect her, she's still smiling at me while strolling across the spot I stood.

"I'm already used with how the ordinaries consider me as the worst one even though they aren't aware of our-- or my existence. Hearing it from you seems like poison, deadlier might it get, that could turn blood to silver then black."

Tumigil si Dee sa tapat ng stop light gayun din ang ilaw na nanatili sa kulay pula. The whole place becomes cold like an ice and sinister could be felt that might easily give dread to ordinary mortals. Even though I know how dangerous she is, her existence won't make me fall back if I need to fight against of her future attacks.

"Flag, I'm giving you a warning right now. Don't meddle on things that may affect her Fate. You cannot twist what is bound to happen thus, the change you might do will only worsen your condition."

Agad nitong nasalo gamit ng isang kamay ang pinakawalan kong pana na hawak kanina. I was going to aim her another arrow but I froze from where I stood when she motioned her left. Kitang-kita ko ang pana na bigla na lamang naging pulbos na pula matapos umihip ng malakas na hangin.