Chapter 46: Silena Beauregard

I entered my bedchamber as I returned from the dining pavilion. Zagreus will be a blessing for the Camp. The head of security of the Underworld should be able to keep us safe. Still, I have a sneaking suspicion that action is required to keep the camp safe.

The gears in my mind turned on as I try to think of what it could possibly be. I absentmindedly put on my night clothing. My mind was then brought back to the girl. Her fluctuating faith... as if her trust in something or someone had been broken. Finding her could be the first step in keeping the camp safe.

I turn off the light in the walk-in closet and exit. What greeted me when I walked out made my eyes bulge. My heart is beating faster in anticipation, my lips curl into a bright smile, and all the while my gaze is fixed on Annabeth laying in my bed.

"Took you long enough," Annabeth says, her clothing is certainly... revealing. Stockings in combination with very mature, ahem, night clothing. "A-Annabeth, you weren't k-kidding about the present?"

An eyebrow goes upwards as she looks at me from top to bottom. "I don't joke about that, dear. Now, a certain girl needs punishment..." she begins to say. In a slow and dominant walk, she walks towards me, grabs me by the collar, and drags me to bed...

"I'm... exhausted, Annabeth. I hope I satisfied you," I say through heavy breathing. Annabeth hums in contentment as her fingers go through my somewhat sweaty hair.

"That mouth of yours has certainly satisfied me, my love," she hums out, snuggling close. I pull her even closer to me. "Good, I can hardly feel my tongue anymore. Can we... cuddle and sleep?"

Annabeth sighs deeply. "I wish we could, my love. But I need to be at my cabin. Being head counselor of a cabin brings certain responsibilities," she says, reluctantly getting out of bed.

"I guess it's different when you actually have siblings in your cabin..." I mumble out while looking at Annabeth, taking her beauty in. "Maybe, but have you not noticed something about this room? Something that is rather peculiar?"

"Not really?"

She turns to me again when fully clothed. A bit of disappointment on her face. She then turns her gaze to the two empty beds. A hand motions towards them.

"Why give one person three different beds? One bed is more than enough, and Hades certainly knew that considering the amount of care and money she put into this cabin. You have siblings, Aileen. But they're probably also asleep or something similar. You'll probably meet them at one point," Annabeth explains.

It makes me smile brightly as I hear the explanation. Who knew I have so many siblings popping out of nowhere. Sure, Annabeth may have more siblings, but I have been rather alone here without anyone that I can call brother or sister.

"I feel stupid for not thinking of the possibility. I wonder when I will meet them," I ponder out.

"You're not stupid, Aileen. I know you're the reason Zagreus is here. That was smart of you. He was pretty much one of the few ones that could get rid of that spiteful man. I just know he would have been a terror for us. On behalf of the Athena Cabin, you have our gratitude."

"It's nothing, Annabeth. I try to keep everybody safe and happy. Tantalus would have been a nightmare. I mean, he wanted to torture us! What kind of twisted person would hire such a person during such a time?"

Annabeth shrugs, sitting next to me on the bed. Her gaze is soft and loving as she studies my face. "Well, doesn't matter. He's gone. About your siblings, I do not think it will be long. Why else set everything up for three persons? As you always say to others, be patient. Sleep well and sweet dreams, my love."