Chapter 119: Battle Of Fate; The End Of Kronos

Aileen "Pistis" Corvius

"Foolish girl. Wishing to die quickly," Kronos says with a grin.

"Luke. I understand now. It's not too late, trust me," Annabeth says. I have no idea what she is trying to do, but I am helpless. The pain made me paralyzed. I don't think my healing will be quick enough before Kronos kills her. Hades too wants to act, but time's twisted around her, rendering her incapable of doing anything but watch. Annabeth kept her knife in place, her arms trembling slightly as she held it in place.

"Luke Castellan is dead! His body will turn to ash as I assume my true form!" Kronos roared angrily at her.

I glance at Hades with a frown who watches in confusion. Her face turns to a small smile as she realizes something. I suppose this strategy will work?

"You knew your fate, didn't you? I know. I retraced your steps, Luke. To understand. It was your mother. She saw your future," Annabeth managed to say, her voice strained as she held on.

"Service to Kronos!" Kronos roars, but his voice... It's beginning to sound strange. As if two voices were mixed together. It must be Luke. "That is my fate."

"No! The end is not this, you know the Prophecy. It meant you!" Her voice started to crack as her eyes pricked with tears.

"Curse your stubbornness, Luke. For once listen!" I yell at him.

"Silence! I will crush you all!" Kronos bellows out. In a twist, he dislodged a hand and punched her face. I felt as if he punched me as well. The protection must transfer the pain to me. Gods, the Titan is strong. Annabeth lands harshly on the ground as a bit of blood leaves her mouth. Kronos stamps on her right arm to break it. An ear-splitting scream leaves Annabeth followed by me as I hold my arm.

Eyes filled with tears, Annabeth looks up at Luke. A ragged breath leaves her as she clung to consciousness.

"You promised me, Luke, twice. Family..."

As if it was a smack to Luke's face, he looks down. Down to the knife that lies next to Annabeth.

"Promise. I promised..." Luke whispers softly.

"You did..."

His gaze went to me as it twisted in pain. Cracks appeared on his skin that made golden light escape. Kronos is changing. I feel it. Hades feels it too as she attempts free herself to no avail.

"Help me..." Luke says through pain and effort, "The blade Aileen..."

"Do it, love. Hero and the cursed blade. Prophecy..." Annabeth says before falling unconscious.

I pluck the blade from the ground as I drag myself over the ground. "I trusted you'd come back, Luke. You always were stubborn," I say holding it out to him.

"I know..." he says before stabbing himself. Luke fell backward on the ground, the golden light leaving him in sparkles. The skin returned to normal as blood starts to leave his wound.

"It is not often one can rewrite their wrongs," Hades says as she walks close to the dying Luke. His chest slowly raising and falling

"Lady Hades, I am sorry..."

"You won't survive this, Luke Castellan. I am not happy about your actions, but you did Olympus a great favor by scattering Kronos. No, I am actually very happy. Father got scattered by a Demigod. How amusing. A very nice humiliation. Even if I wanted to kill him myself," Hades mused as she thinks about it.

"Glad I could give you the satisfaction... Where will I go, my Lady?"

"It is not my job to judge for I am often biased. But I will make an exception this time. Elysium will be the place for you, Luke Castellan."

"I think I rather try for the Isle of Blest. Heard great things about it," he says with a small smile. Hades nods as she watched him. "Very well, may you reach it. I will help you to the resurrection department. Anything you would like to say before you go?" Luke turns his gaze to me.

"Take care of Annabeth, Aileen. I love her. Even if she does not return my feelings... Make her happy."

"Don't worry. It's me you're talking about. Isle of Blest, eh? Final sad moment? Show off."

"Hey, I am dying. Let me have my moment... but make sure this doesn't happen again, Aileen. Me, the other Demigods, make it stop. The unclaimed Demigods..." he says as a final breath leaves him. I sigh.

"I will."

"Large burden to accept, my child. One that is not easily achieved, but as of late anything seems to be possible. Even my underworld logistical problem has been solved. I am glad Daedalus died finally. He is an excellent servant to fix the roads, bridges, houses, palaces..."

"Mother, I think I get it."

"Right. Don't let my joy spoil your mood."

I roll my eyes as I crouch down next to Annabeth. Her arms look terrible. Clearly broken in two and her face even turns slightly blue. I can't heal this. Even if I received a wish, this is beyond me.

"Can you help her, mother?"

Hades snaps her fingers as darkness starts to cover the broken arm. I sigh in relief as I see the sweat-covered face become more peaceful and calm.

"Good. The others are finished as well. Banished the Titans to Tartarus once again," Hades says as she looks at the other godly beings. As I look as well, I can see that they are winded after their own battles. Persephone looks a bit singed while Demeter looks fine. She is tending to her daughter almost immediately as they finished the fight. Calypso and Hecate look exhausted. Although, Calypso is not exhausted enough as she was carrying a sleeping Bianca with a smile.

"What happens now?" I ask.

"We tend to the wounded. I am proud of you, Aileen. The moment I saw you again I felt you would bring greatness. Many issues plaguing our family have been fixed by your influence. There will be peace among us until others problems take the place of the old ones. But first, Annabeth should be rewarded. If not for her, we would not be alive I fear. Zeus will be informed."

"How goes the battle against Typhon? Did Poseidon join them?"

"He did and Typhon is re-imprisoned. Percy convinced him from the looks of it. He even fought Oceanus effectively enough with the aid of Zoe. Quite a feat in itself. Perhaps Zeus will reward him as well. I am sure Poseidon will at the very least. The Gods will convene soon to discuss the aftermath. You will be summoned. Even the Demigods will. I should probably bring them home," Hades says before turning to the assembled Demigods.

They looked battered, bruised, and bloodied. At a glance, I can also see some died during the fighting. But I can see Selina and Clarisse are at least alive. On the ground are the many wounded. Apollo children, that are able to make the rounds, do what they can. They fought bravely. No denying it.

"Well fought, Demigods. Olympus will sing of your heroism. The Gods will need time to fix the damage caused by the war. The Gods will summon you. First rest and heal. Revel in victory and the glory," Hades looks at Hecate to give her a nod.

Without much further asking, Hecate opens a portal to Camp Half-Blood. Nature spirits seem busy preparing a large feast. Even chariots for a victory parade are ready to be used. I haven't seen such a large feast being prepared since I came back from the lighting bolt quest. Calypso skips her way through the portal with Bianca warmly in her embrace. The others did so too some with help while others more easily. I follow too as I take Annabeth in my arms to walk through the portal.

"Aileen... I heard Luke. His last words," Annabeth whispered as she looks up at me.

"Do you have something in mind to grant his wish?"

"I do. If my guess is correct that is. But first, shall we sleep and rest together?"

"Always, Annabeth."