Chapter 92: Nightly Shadows And Riddles

Aileen "Pistis" Corvius

Days went by as I felt the world change around me. My senses went beyond the cabin. It was not a matter if could, but if I wanted. Sensing the world in a deeper and clearer way is fantastic. Only, I feel lonely. Day after day I am in this forsaken cabin. I only spoke with Annabeth a few times through the ring but now I can't even do that.

"How's it going, sis?" Zagreus says as he enters the room. I guess I have someone, but even that has its limits, to be honest.

"Okay, I suppose. Still can't move my body," I answer. Flames lick at every part of my body, light pulsing outward. My body hardly is made out of human flesh. For now, it resembles a body of light that resembles me. It is beautiful, but I am beginning to dislike it. I need something. It is going too slow for my liking.

"It wasn't very smart to go to her, Aileen. You are lucky you were able to come back to the cabin," he says as he sat down next to me on the bed. I let out a deep, unnecessary breath.

"She called on me, Zagreus. I won't let her down," I say firmly. He smiles as a chuckle leaves him.

"Very much sounds like you, dear sister. This will probably make it longer for you. Using so much energy while in an unstable state. Don't get me wrong, it was quite impressive. I saw the golden arch you left behind when you went to Annabeth," Zagreus says with some pride in his voice. At least they are impressed by little old me.

"It felt freeing. I was finally free to come to her, but then again, it would have killed Annabeth. How long Zagreus? When is this cruel waiting game over?"

"I don't know. You're the first and probably the last to experience this. Just be patient. You know, Pistis was a pretty patient person from what I have been told. I guess you take after her," Zagreus mused as he thinks.

"You met her?"

"Nha, I am not that old. Only around 3300 years old! Pistis was already gone by the time I was allowed to leave the Underworld," he says.

"You call that young? You are old, Zagreus."

"What?! The other Gods are much older than me! Artemis for example is at least a thousand years older. And my parents are even older than her! So I am pretty young," he says with a huff.

"Sureee, so what do you know of Pistis? I like to know more about her as I will be wearing her pants," I ask.

"I only know what Hades and Persephone have told me. Well, she was mainly the Goddess of Trust, Honesty, and Faith. She stayed on the island of Ortygia. I think she met the fading Asteria there before she started to fade herself," he starts to say.

"Asteria? Another Goddess?"

"Titan. The mother of Hecate. She was the Goddess of Nocturnal Miracles and Shooting Stars. Asteria was fading because she turned herself into the island. I think it had consequences she hadn't anticipated. It may have been the cause why Pistis had the symbol Asteria. The responsibilities of Asteria may have been given to Pistis by Asteria herself. Who knows? But it would explain why she was carrying around the star of Asteria," Zagreus explains further.

"A lot of Goddesses and Gods have faded..." I say with sigh. Zagreus shrugs a bit as he looks at me.

"We live a long time, Aileen. For those with minor roles it becomes harder and harder to find purpose. They are the first be forgotten. The first ones to fade away. It becomes harder for us Gods as Humanity starts to forget us. But sometimes, Titans and Gods, just have no desire to live on."

"Even you?" I ask softly. I do not want him to be fading. As siblings go, I really love him. My whole family is very dear to me. I don't want to spend eternity alone.