Chapter 47: A Quest For Love And Honor

"Teamed up with Percy, did you?" I say as I swirl my coffee a bit. Annabeth nods as she sighs softly. "Yeah... I guess we'll see how that will work out. His temper is sometimes hard to work with."

I gulp the last bit of my coffee down as I softly chuckle at her thoughts of working with Percy. "Well, I'll be rooting for you in the flesh or in spirit," I say with a smile.

"You'll not be watching?" She asks out of curiosity, but also worry. As always, when she does not know what I am up to, she will think of the worst. Probably thinks I will be storming Kronos' hideout in Tartarus.

"Silena asked me to go with her to the Oracle today. You know what that means, most often it is not just advice. I suspect I will be going on a Quest," I explained, playing with the small spoon in the cup. Annabeth sighs once more as she nods knowingly.

"That's probably true... stay safe, Aileen. You may be the most powerful among the campers, but that does not mean you're invincible. Keep that in mind, okay?" she says, taking my hand in hers and squeezing them warmly.

"I will. Don't wor- Well, you'll worry no matter what I say. But I promise to stay alive. You have my word, as always."

Annabeth smiles, cups my cheeks, and delivers a sweet and deep kiss. It is as if she is trying to transfer every bit of love and luck into me. I completely melt in her embrace.

"Best of luck," she says, smiling brightly at me with a soft gaze.

"First time going to the Oracle?" I ask as I look at Selina.

Silena is nervous as she fidgets with her finger. Her gaze almost always directed downwards towards the wooden floor. I did not expect her to be so nervous considering what I felt inside her. She probably doesn't realize how brave she is.

"I have seen the corpse, but never went to ask for advice myself. I am a bit scared of what I will hear," she says. "Even if you get a quest, you're allowed to take other persons with you. I am more than willing to help you."

She looks up at me with a soft smile. Selina takes a deep breath and nods. "Thanks, I appreciate it," she says as we stop in front of the corpse. "Good luck," I say reassuringly and take a few steps back.

Selina takes a deep breath and approaches the corpse that sits in a comfortable chair. As always, the Oracle looks creepy. I wonder why, though, what caused the oracle to remain in the corpse and not transfer the spirit of Delphi to another host.

"Oracle of Delphi, I have come seeking guidance. How can I take responsibility for my wrongdoing?" Silena asks.

It remained silent as we wait for a response. The corpse doesn't move a centimeter and just stares into space. Silena sighs in defeat. She was about to turn away, but a voice soon fills the room.

"You will find a lost soul to the West of where Half-Bloods dwell.

You will avert danger through love.

You will reforge the bonds of Family.

And all that's wrong will be gone."

The voice soon stops, and we're left with yet another cryptic message. At least Silena will have a new avenue to salvation. Although, I was already of the opinion she was just a victim of manipulation. Silena turns to me with a smile, grateful for what has been said. She does seem nervous and a bit fearful of what will happen.

"I'm going on a quest... By the Gods, I am going on a quest..." Selina says in shock but also the relief of knowing redemption is at hand. I smile at her as I approach her.