Gun shots

Waking up in the morning you almost fell out of bed again, but caught yourself before flipping off the bed and you rolled back, almost rolling onto Aurora who was still blissfully asleep. You groaned and put the pillow over your head at first, trying to ignore the alarm but realized it wasn't going to stop until you were out of bed. You sighed heavily and got out of bed, and made it quickly. Aurora woke up long enough to meow at you in protest before you picked her up and went into the bathroom to use the facilities, and get ready for your day. You came back out and went into your closet to look for something to wear. You realized you should probably be more formal now that you were in the main building, and looked at your old shirts and jeans with a pout. You found a pair of jeans that looked almost brand new and slipped them on with a pink blouse. You went back to the bathroom to put on some lip gloss and light makeup for the day. You put on a pair of black flats and made your way through the living room with Aurora still in your arms. As soon as you stepped out, you saw Sam coming out of his bedroom already geared up for his mission.
"Looks like you made it out of bed on time, sexy legs" he teased.
"That alarm really needs to go," you growled.
"I'll show you how to turn it off when I get back" he promised and followed you down the stairs. "How did you sleep?"
"A little too well," you admitted softly. "I did manage not to fall out of bed today" you added proudly.
"That's promising, although I don't see how you manage it with a king size bed" he laughed as you hit the bottom of the stairs.
"I have to sleep on my side, and Aurora takes up a lot of room for such a small thing" you gave a soft smile.
"How was your evening with Bucky?" he spoke a little softer.
"Wonderful. I got lots of cuddles" you giggled with your face flushed.
"That's good, just cuddles right? He remained respectful, right?" Sam asked quickly.
"Very respectful, and just cuddles" you shrugged and you both started heading towards the dining room. You saw Bucky was already seated beside Steve and was already in his tactical outfit. You saw him turn in his seat and his face broke out into a smile and he immediately stood up and pulled out the chair next to him. You saw the rest of the team watch him curiously and you flushed a bit as you got closer. He gestured for you to sit, and you whispered a soft thank you and sat down and he pushed you in. Sam gave a satisfied smile, while Bucky beamed and took his seat again.

"How did you sleep?" Bucky asked before anyone could say a word.
"Very well, how did you sleep?" you flushed a bit, and smiled up at him, looking at him through your eyelashes.
"Really good, I had lots of fresh air before I went to sleep" he leaned in a little bit while he was talking, and looked down at your lips again. You bit your bottom lip, flushing again and he licked his lips staring at yours. He finally flicked his eyes back up to yours and Nat cleared her throat.
"Good morning cuddle bug" Nat smirked at you. "You look nice this morning"
"I figured I had to dress up a bit now that I'm in the main compound" you smiled in her direction.
"You don't need to, just wear whatever is comfortable," Tony shrugged.
"Don't tell her that, she'll come downstairs wearing your t-shirt again" Sam chuckled.
"You really wear it?" Thor looked at you in surprise.
"It was free" you giggled. "I'd wear one for all of you"
"Don't tell them that" Sam teased you. Bucky handed down the platter of food to you, and you took what you wanted and handed it to Sam.
"I'll give you a Quicksilver shirt, signed" Pietro grinned.
"I'll wear it" you shrugged and took a bite of your food.
"We all have a full week" Wanda smiled at you. "Thank you for assigning Vision, Peter, Pietro and I together" she added with a smirk.
"My pleasure" you gave a smile. "You work together well as a team"
"And thank you for London" Nat chuckled. "I'll make sure to bring you back a souvenir"
"Really?" you asked excitedly. "I'll give you the money for one"
"Let me treat you" Nat smiled at your excitement.
"Nothing extravagant" you looked at her worriedly.
"You need something to decorate your new digs" she shrugged.
"You and Bruce already bought me headphones" you reminded her.
"That was for the office" she rolled her eyes. "Let someone spoil you for a change" she added.
"I feel spoiled already" you admitted in a whisper. You silently started eating while Tony started rambling off everyone's missions for them again while Steve spoke matter of factly the importance of the data. You knew you were zeroing in on a major base with all the data you had been compiling. It was just a matter of time before you located it. Then the whole team would be on the mission together, Bruce and Tony included. When breakfast was done, everyone got up quickly. You stood up and hugged Sam, Nat and Wanda quickly. Bucky stopped to give you a soft smile and a nod before he left with Steve and Sam. You sighed heavily and went to the main lab, knowing that's where Tony expected you for the day. Aurora came in quickly and jumped up on your desk, closely followed by Alpine. You gave both kitties some love and affection before logging into your computer. You connected the VPN and chose a random country to be in today before checking your emails. You had another blank one that you looked at, then decided to ignore. There were no attachments or anything funny going on with it. It was just a reply, no sender type of email. Tony turned on his music, and you immediately went for your new headphones, putting on some of your preferred music that would help you relax, and then you dove into your data.

Your week was mainly going through data, and setting up new missions for the following week. You figured the team would enjoy next week, since almost every night, if everything went to plan, they would be home for supper. You had gotten text messages from a majority of the team, including Clint who was partnered with Thor and Loki for the week. He sent you pictures, telling you it was at Loki's insistence. Bucky, Nat and Sam blew up your phone when they were done for the day with random photos and messages wondering how your first real week in the compound was going. You assured them you were doing fine. Even Steve reached out a few times and would send you random photos from their mission. It made your heart warm. They all cared so much. You made sure to make it to all the meals. You discovered on the first day that Tony wasn't going to let it slide, that you liked to just munch on fruit and work through your meals. On Thursday you were laying on your couch in your suite when a knock came at the door. You opened the door to see Clint standing there with a big grin on his face.
"Hey! Welcome back!" you gave him a quick hug seeing he was still in his tactical outfit.
"Your data saved my ass. Thank you. I brought you some chocolate covered pretzels and a little surprise Sunshine" he grinned, taking a bag out from behind his back. You squealed a little bit and saw he had gotten you a snow globe of blue roses on the inside and a large package of the pretzels.
"Oh my goodness, it's beautiful!" you pulled out the snow globe and cooed before you gave him another hug. He gave a small grunt with how enthusiastic your hug was. "Thank you so much!" you danced happily away, before putting it on the TV stand. Alpine and Aurora meowed from the back of your couch wondering what was going on.
"You're welcome" Clint smiled tiredly. "I'm headed to take a shower and then take the jet to see my family for a long weekend. Thanks again for putting in the warnings for the bases"
"Anytime" you smiled easily and took out the chocolates before heading back to the couch as he closed the door and left. You took a bite of one and moaned happily as the chocolate melted in your mouth. Your phone went off and you looked at it curiously and picked it up and saw it was a call from Bucky. "Hello?" you answered.
"Hey, is it a bad time?" Bucky's voice sent shivers down your spine. His voice was a bit hushed, like he was trying to keep the noise down.
"Of course not, how is the mission?" you asked quickly while you put your chocolates to the side.
"Good, I mean, great. It's just running a little longer than we thought. We are still staking out the third base" he admitted softly.
"That sounds dangerously close to overtime. I sent you guys for five bases" you sighed realizing the date was probably canceled. "Clint's team just made it back" you whispered softly.
"I'm not missing our date" he quickly spoke up. "We will get through the other bases faster"
"You can't guarantee that Bucky, and you are supposed to be careful" you reminded him softly.
"I've waited a year for this" he groaned into the phone.
"How about we will have one when you get back, regardless what day it is. Okay? You don't have to worry about it" you promised, feeling badly that you put so much on their plates.
"Promise?" you could hear the hope in his voice and you smiled softly. He was the sweetest gentleman you had ever met.
"You have my word" you nodded even though he couldn't see you. "You're worth waiting for" you added in a soft whisper.
"That's what I think about you as well doll" he had a smile on his voice. You flushed slightly and could hear some shots fired in the background.
"I gotta go, I'll call you again" he promised in a rush.
"Be safe please" you choked back a sob. Now you were really worried. You automatically knew you wouldn't be sleeping until that phone rang again. The phone disconnected when another shot rang through the air.
You did what you always did when you started to stress out. You grabbed your computer and a package of strawberries and logged in. You started looking at the third base's data, with your stomach in knots. You combed through the data then had a terrible idea. You started remotely hacking into the base to try to look through the cameras. You got so into what you were doing you completely forgot to turn on your VPN. You saw the data was being downloaded, and uploaded to your servers already. You clicked through a few screens and finally found their camera and looked through. You saw Nat was getting the data from the computer room, with a few dead bodies at her feet. You choked back a sob, she looked worse for wear. You clicked to the next camera and saw that Steve, Sam and Bucky were under heavy fire. You tried going through their base intel and saw there was nothing you could do except pull the fire alarm, which wouldn't help them at all. You saw blood on Sam's suit and worried the worst. You threw your phone in your bra and grabbed your laptop running like a mad woman towards Tony and Peppers suite.