Pushing the comfort zone

After your long afternoon of mainly relaxation, and a quiet supper downstairs, you and Bucky invited the others up to your suite for the evening. Bucky's idea, of course. He knew you liked being in your own suite, but also knew you were craving for more company now that you were starting to feel better. Your room wasn't big enough to fit everyone, but thankfully only Loki, Steve and Sam ended up showing up. Everyone else seemed quite keen to turn in early and go apple picking tomorrow. When you returned to your room, Bucky was quick to pull you to sit on his lap again while Loki, Sam and Steve found their respective spots on the couches. You quickly turned on Bucky's lap so you were more comfortable and nuzzled into the side of his neck. Bucky took out your book and opened it up in front of you, but you pushed it away, grabbing the word search off the coffee table and curling up to work on it with him. Sam, Loki and Steve were each reading their own books and just enjoying the music that was softly filling the room.
"Are you excited for apple picking tomorrow?" Steve broke the small silence as you circled a word that Bucky had pointed out.
"I am, it's a little further away from the compound building" you bit your bottom lip unsurely.
"We will be with you doll" Bucky reassured you quickly, giving the back of your shoulder a soft kiss. A shiver ghosted over your supple flesh and he gave a boyish grin in response, loving the effect that he had over your body.
"I'm not worried" you shrugged, trying not to think about it too much. You knew the Iron Legion would be there in a flash if Tony called to them, and you would be with a majority of the team. Bucky is lethal with his vibranium arm, and that brought you some reassurance and comfort.

"Maybe we should start pushing your comfort zone a little bit, what do you think Cuddle Bug?" Sam seemed nervous to be bringing up this subject.
"How?" you quirked an eyebrow, fixing your gaze on him. Bucky's arms flexed slightly around your waist, and you could tell he was a little uncomfortable with the subject.
"How about tomorrow we try all sitting in the main living room like you were today, or we could go hang out in my room for a bit. Listen to some Marvin Gaye" he shrugged.
"I can try either or" you nodded.
"But I get some cuddles out of it" he added with a sly smile, and Bucky's arms tightened around you almost immediately.
"I'm not against it" you gave a soft smile.
"Do I get a say in this?" Bucky asked gently, but chuckled when Sam looked up at him. "Maybe we should invite Sarah to sit with us," he added quickly. "Then you can cuddle your own girl"
"She's not my girl, not yet at least" Sam gave a sigh. "I've been working on it"
"You should invite her" you gave a quick smile. "I liked her. She seems like a sweet bean"
"You like most people" Sam looked at you endearingly.
"I don't like bullies," you quickly reminded him.
"We know that too intimately" Loki broke his silence. You shifted uncomfortably on Bucky's lap, and he took the pencil from your fingers and circled a word. "Expanding your horizons will be good for you tomorrow. We have a long road ahead of us next week with your training"
"I remember," you sighed softly. "I have doctor Sloan every other day, and then training in between"
"It's just so you can get a better handle on your ability" Loki reminded you, feeling your sadness fill the air.
"I just don't like talking about what happened" you finally admitted. "Brock carved his initials into me" your tear ducts started to fill up. Steve put down his book and looked over worriedly, while Bucky kissed the back of your neck.
"He's on the raft, he won't get to you again" Steve promised. "Thor, Loki and I made sure he was sent there, along with a lot of Hydra agents. Shield processed them, and we have confirmation that all of them made it to the raft"
"And they can't escape?" you asked a little hopefully.
"The only one's that ever escaped have been actual Avenger's, and I was the one to break them out" Steve admitted.
"Yeah, my stint on the raft is not something I look back on fondly," Sam winced.
"I've seen them through your mind's eye, it reminds me of my imprisonment on Asgard until I was given my freedom as long as I behaved myself and helped on Midgard" Loki winced at the thought. "You had less room than I did," he admitted softly. "Thor pled his case for me well, as did mother"
"You've been an invaluable member of the team," Steve reminded him.
"Tony takes a lot more convincing," Loki frowned.
"Tony will come around on his own" you promised. "You just need to not stab anyone"
"Thor is my favorite target" he lit up with mischievousness. "But I have been abstaining so that I can remain your body guard"
"I appreciate that, Loki" you gave a gentle smile and leaned back into Bucky again.