Clint's dad talk

"You don't want to just go for a workout, do you?" Bucky asked Clint as they started walking along the track.
"Nope, I've had enough. What's the fight about?" Clint stopped to look Bucky in the eye.
"I asked her to quit, so she could be safe. Now she's going back to work without even talking to me about it" Bucky growled slightly, pinching his nose and trying to keep his temper down. "She's not safe with Hydra around"
"And you think you are?" Clint shook his head. "You were their prized possession until ten years ago. She's never going to be safe from them, and neither are you" he quickly pointed out and gestured for them to start walking.
"But she's safer if she stays in the shadows" Bucky huffed.
"She doesn't have a reason to stay here if she isn't working for the team," Clint pointed out. "Did you ever think of that?"
"She can stay with me," he shrugged as if the answer was truly that simple.
"She isn't the kind of woman that stays away from a fight, Bucky," Clint sighed.
"That's what Stevie said. I just want her to be safe" Bucky grimaced.
"Tell me something, do you want to spend a life with her?" Clint asked frankly.
"Yes, that's all I want. This last week has been hell" Bucky admitted.
"Then I have a simple solution for you. Apologize" Clint shrugged. "Let her come to her own conclusions when it comes to work. She works hard for this job, and to be honest, even I'm missing the missions. Don't get me wrong, Laura is loving this, but I miss being useful. I imagine she does too"
"I don't think I'm wrong" Bucky shook his head.
"This isn't the forties anymore. Women can have a career, and a family too" Clint reminded him. "Think about it. What is she most passionate about?"
"Books," Bucky shrugged.
"You don't end up with mission dockets that good if she's not passionate about helping the team. She's passionate about her job too. And she's passionate about you. The woman is in love with you, and you asked her to give up one thing that she loves to do. You can't ask her to choose"
"I'm not asking her to choose" Bucky shook his head defiantly.
"No, you're telling her to, without saying it outloud" Clint shook his head. "If she's going back to work, that's her way of telling you she's doing it without your consent. Let me tell you, if I ever tried to make Laura choose between me and what she loves to do, I would be out on my ass until I apologized. You value what you two have, don't you?"
"Of course I do" Bucky looked at him a little scandalized.
"Then apologize," Clint shrugged as they continued walking. "Talk it out with her"
"I want her safe" Bucky seemed to be calming down, and really thinking it through.
"Her mission dockets tell me that she wants all of us safe too. The way she looks at you tells me she's worried about you and wants you safe too" Clint reminded him. "I'll bet when she starts putting us on missions again, it's going to be larger teams and smaller bases to start"
"I wouldn't put it past her" Bucky gave a small smile.
"When you apologize, bring her a gift. I always bring Laura jewelry, or flowers" Clint suggested. "Put thought into what you are going to say"
"I didn't say I was going to apologize for wanting her to be safe" Bucky shook his head.
"Apologize for trying to make her choose" Clint looked at him knowingly. "She could be working for the fucking pentagon, or anywhere else in the world with her skills. But she chose to stay with us, even after everything that happened. Think about it"
"She can't just quit and work for someone else, she's a part of the team" Bucky looked at him.
"Exactly" Clint clapped him on the shoulder. "She is a part of this team, and you need to remember that. She's our not so secret weapon, and she's as just as important as all of us doing the grunt work"
"I just love her so much, it hurts. I don't want to lose her" Bucky whispered.
"You should tell her that. Those lights have been flickering more and more this week" Clint pointed out.
"I noticed, it's so hard not to go to her when I know she's anxious like that" Bucky frowned.
"You should make a point of telling her that too," Clint grinned. "Now let's get a real workout done, and you need to think long and hard about what you are going to say and go get her"

"Damn, you are getting better" Scott praised you while Loki and Thor watched like hawks from the side of the mat. You had shoved him hard enough he had fallen backwards, and you held out a hand to offer him to help him get up.
"I'm getting tired" you panted.
"Well, I'm not getting hit by your pulses of electricity, so maybe that's a good thing" Scott smirked.
"Maybe" you shrugged.
"Listen, whatever is bothering you, there isn't a person in this building that's not willing to listen" Scott whispered, standing a little closer to you. "Don't forget what I said, you are part of this team, and we are here for you"
"Thank you Scott, but I'll be fine" you lied. You didn't want to lose Bucky, but at the same time, he couldn't make you choose. You fought long and hard for the job that you now had, and it was a job that you loved, even with all the anxiety that it caused you. You couldn't just walk away from it. The lights gave you away above you as they started flickering.
"Come on, let's get out of here" Scott gestured to you to follow him off of the mat. You raised an eyebrow and followed him. Loki and Thor went to another mat to start sparring again, feeling that you had gotten in a good enough training session.
Scott led you out into the kitchen and he easily moved around the chef's that were preparing supper and he grabbed a tub of ice cream out of the freezer and two spoons. He led you to the living room and sat down on the loveseat facing you, so you sat down and faced him. He easily popped the lid off and handed you a spoon, taking a large bite. You followed his lead and took a bite.
"Is it Hydra?" Scott finally asked.
"No" you shook your head as the lights gave a slight flicker. "I'm prepared mentally for building up mission dockets against them again. I want to find the doctor that did this to me"
"Was there a big fight with Bucky that no one will talk about?" Scott smirked at you.
"How did you know?" you rolled your eyes.
"I'm so glad you asked. For one, you aren't sitting together and you haven't spoken a word to each other all week. I've also noticed that you are spending way more time with Sam again, and you haven't been coming out of your old room like you should be. Every time the lights flicker, he gets a pained expression on his face and you look like a lost puppy" Scott said quickly. You took another bite of ice cream and Scott took one as well, while you thought about it.
"He looks like he's in pain?" you asked, wondering if the separation was hurting him as much as it was hurting you.
"Of course he does. The man is in love with you, Cuddle bug. Even a blind man can see that" he rolled his eyes.
"He's mad at me," you whispered. "He wanted me to quit and just be a stay at home girlfriend"
"That's definitely not your style" he chuckled. "He's old fashioned, but he'll come around" he assured you. "Clint is probably talking some sense into him"
"This week has been so bad, and the worst part is I can't even talk to him about it" you whined slightly.
"This time next week, you two will be back to being lovey dovey again" he grinned. "I'm looking forward to seeing it. It's been a rough week"
"Tell me about it" you groaned.
"Take another few bites before I go put this away again. I don't want to ruin your supper completely. That, and this is Tony's favorite ice cream" he chuckled mischievously. You both took a few more bites and you sighed to yourself, not completely sold on the fact that you and Bucky would go back to speaking terms. He had made his position clear to you about what he wanted. "I got to go get ready for my weekend, but don't forget we are all here for you" Scott put the lid back on the ice cream. He leaned forward and gave you a hug before getting up to leave.
"Thank you Scott" you leaned into the hug and let go once he got up. You went towards the stairs, wanting nothing more than a small rest before supper. Once you got to the upper floors you went to Sam's room and laid down on his couch. You could hear him in the shower, and didn't want to take his bedroom when he would clearly need it shortly. You wanted to take a shower with your own soaps, but you had been avoiding your old room as much as possible. You sighed softly to yourself and closed your eyes, willing the tears that were threatening to fall to go away. You saw the lights flicker in the room, and you finally gave into the uncertainty and began to cry.

"Y/N!" Bucky's voice came through the door as Sam was coming out of his room in a pair of jeans and a nice button up. You knew he had a date with Sarah tonight. He had offered to cancel to spend more time with you, but you had refused.
"Go away" you sniffed, still crying on Sam's couch.
"I can't just go away anymore" he barged into the room with a paper bag with a logo you knew all too well and knew that inside that bag contained a box with a chocolate crepe, and one of your Starbucks coffees that you loved in one hand. The other hand held a dozen red roses. Sam took a few steps backwards and he crossed his arms, not sure how this was going to fly. "I can't spend another night reaching for the space you left empty in our bed. Baby I'm in trouble, I can't live without you by my side." Bucky crouched down in front of you. "I was stupid to think I could make you just quit, when I know how much you love this job and sacrificed to get where you are now."
"I'm better than Friday at the mission dockets to make sure you'll be safe" you glared slightly at him.
"Please come home" he pleaded with you. "I was an idiot, I'm willing to do anything, just come home"
"You have to be okay with me going back to work, Bucky" you wanted so badly to go to him. He put his offered gifts on the table beside him, and he sat down on the couch, making you move your feet. The lights flickered with your anxiety and Sam huffed a bit.
"Damn right you were an idiot" Sam quipped.
"I've been told that a few times this week" Bucky thought back to how Steve basically told him that without it being said, and the same with Clint. He turned his attention back to you, and reached out to wipe a few of the tears that had fallen down your face.
"I'm worried about you going back to work because I want you to be safe. But I'll support you through it. I just want to take care of you and keep you safe from Hydra, but I know I can't do that alone" Bucky admitted. "Listen to me" he took your hand and pressed it against his chest. You could feel his racing heart under your fingertips and the lights stopped flickering as badly. "I love you. I feel like I have always loved only you. If this job is what makes you happy, I support you a hundred percent. I'll do the missions, I'll do whatever I can to help you. At the end of the day, I just want you to be happy, and to be the man you come home to"
"I love you too" you felt a few tears starting to fall. You leaned forward and he wrapped his arms around you tightly, pulling you in. "I only wanted to come home to you"
"This week has been Hell" he said gruffly in your ear. You felt him pull back and you looked up at him and his lips descended upon yours in an urgent kiss. You could feel him trying to convey all of his feelings through the kiss, and you could barely pull back for a breath. His lips were demanding and his hands pulled you impossibly closer. You found yourself being pulled onto his lap and flat against his body. His tongue swiped along your lower lip and you granted him a swift entrance. He moaned as soon as he found that familiar dance with your tongue again. You both heard a throat clearing and broke apart like guilty children.
"I have a date, don't have sex on my couch" Sam uncrossed his arms and gave a small smile.
"Let's go get your things and go home" Bucky rubbed his hands up and down your sides. You broke out into a smile and quickly nodded in agreement.