The raft

When it came to the morning, both you and Bucky had slept in and he had to hastily get ready for a few day mission. You just went with a pair of jean shorts while he fully geared up and took his guns out of the safe in the closet. A knock at the door told you that he was going to be missing breakfast, and he hastily gave you a kiss before running out the door. You ended up working the rest of the week with no Bucky in sight. He did however send you a few text messages when he wasn't busy with a mission. He never missed a good morning text, or a sweet dream text. Some of them were a bit late into the night, and you had already gone to bed. But you always saw them when you woke up.
By Friday, between you, Tony and Friday you had cracked all of the files, and the additional files that Shield had been sending during the week. Fury had gotten word from both you and Tony that you had made the data top priority and he was more than happy to keep sending more. You had discovered a plan Hydra was devising to attack the raft to get some of their personnel back. One of them being Brock Rumlow, and that had made the lights flash fantastically in the lab. Once you had calmed down, and the electronics were back in working fashion you had sent your findings back to Fury and Shield to ensure the safety of the Raft and its personnel.
You had also done some additional training with Loki, since the rest of the team was out working, on your abilities. You were getting better and better at handling them. It was just the really unexpected things that made it go off like crazy. You decided against telling Bucky or Sam about the planned heist on the Raft. It could wait until they got home.
By Friday afternoon you were back to creating the mission dockets for the following week. They were all relatively small, since you weren't sure if Fury was going to ask for the Avenger's help on protecting the raft after reviewing the data, since you didn't have an exact date yet. A quick phone call with him had reassured you that he had everything under control.
After supper on Friday, Loki went with you back up to your suite and he made you both some tea while you packed for the weekend away at the cabin.
"I don't think you should be going kitten" Loki said as he finally sat down across from you after you finished packing enough clothes for both you and Bucky.
"Why?" you asked in surprise.
"You bloody well know why. We don't know when the attack will be" he said, his face contorted with concern.
"I still need to get away from work for a bit. Besides, the house is a safe place and there are cameras. I'll even send you a selfie every morning" you replied.
"I'm keeping the cats" he advised you.
"Fine, but don't forget their treats," you smiled, thinking you were pretty lucky to have made a friend like Loki.
"I shan't" he promised. "What book did you bring with you?" he asked curiously.
"A friend to a lover one, with a little magic mixed in. It looks interesting. I'm sure I'll be done by the time we come back on Sunday" you checked your phone, but Bucky hadn't checked in for a bit.
"You're looking worried," Loki pointed out, with gentleness in his tone.
"Bucky hasn't checked in," you admitted.
"I'm sure all he is thinking about is getting home to you" he gave a kind smile.
"I just want to be in his arms again" you sighed and took a sip of your tea. "It's going to be too late to head up to the house if he's out much longer" you gave a slight pout.
"Indeed. I suppose you'll just have to stay the weekend" he smirked.
"No" you rolled your eyes. "I could go work to preoccupy my mind for a bit" you mused.
"Absolutely not. I've already been looking over your plans for us next week, and it is enough. You need to keep in mind we may be needed elsewhere at a moment's notice" he reminded you and you huffed slightly looking at your phone again. You looked over your emails in hopes of getting more data, but you were out of luck. You were having a hard time to relax, and Loki was being a gentleman and not using his magic to make you tired, since you were excited to go back out to your little house again.
"What's bothering me is none of the teams are back by now" you finally admitted to Loki, where he had let the room just go silent.
"They need to go to Shield before they come home. They are likely being appraised of the situation you and Tony were able to uncover this week" he assured you. "Knowing Fury he has probably made them wait. I imagine Clint, Peter and Pietro are just dying to come back so they can go out again. Of course right beside your Bucky. Tell me, what have you planned for the weekend?" he asked, clearly trying to get you thinking about something else.
"Some groceries tonight, and then tomorrow a day at home. Of course Sunday we need to go to the farmer's market" you said simply.
"Darling Jack is going to be here this weekend. It's a shame you'll be missing him" he took a sip of tea and you mirrored him.
"How is that going?" you asked, trying not to pry half as much as you wanted.
"Very well. I'm free to choose whatever form I wish, and he still accepts me accordingly" he said with a slight pink on his cheeks.
"That's always a positive" you gave a wan smile. "I've got an idea, since we are waiting, let's go do groceries together" you stood up quickly and felt a bit lightheaded from the effort. You almost fell back on the couch, however Loki was quick to stand up and grab you before that happened.
"I daresay this has been a bit of excitement this week. Perhaps, if I may, suggest you relax for the next few minutes. I'll warm up your tea" Loki helped you sit back down and he went to do just that. You watched him from the couch as he moved so easily around your suite. He stopped for a moment to get some of the cat treats and feed a few to Alpine and Aurora. You gave a small smile and looked down at your Hulk t-shirt and black jeans you were wearing. You felt like you were almost waiting to go on a date with the amount of anticipation you were feeling. Loki came back with your tea and you took a grateful sip before he sat back down again.
"What the hell Cuddlebug!" The door slammed open and in came Sam, Bucky and Steve.
"Baby, we tried to hurry," Bucky spoke over Sam.
"Interesting week you've had" Steve added and you had yelped as the door slammed open and you turned in your seat to see the three men as they were coming in the door, still geared up for a mission.
"They are after the raft, and you couldn't send that in a text?" Sam asked as he took off his goggles to get a better look at you. "Why are you so pale? Have you been sleeping?" he asked, changing the subject all by himself.
"She just got a little lightheaded a few moments ago, she will be fine. As for sleep, I cannot account for that. She's spent a larger part of the week in the lab" Loki spoke up for you. Bucky came around the couch and took off his holster with his guns and set it unceremoniously on the coffee table and he sat down beside you. He grabbed you by the hips and pulled you onto his lap and his lips sought out yours quickly. You hummed happily at the simple touch of a chaste kiss. He pulled back and gave his flirty smile and you gave a slow smile back.
"Back to the subject" Steve cleared his throat taking a seat with Sam on the loveseat.
"Their target is Brock Rumlow and any other Hydra agents they can find. Nick's promised he's taken extra precautions, and your missions for next week are mainly close to home in case you are needed. It will remain that way for the foreseeable future so we can insure the integrity of the protection of the raft since we do not have a date nor time of the planned attack" you quickly explained.
"What did Tony say?" Sam asked curiously.
"He offered some of the Iron Legion to stand outside of Brock's cell, but Nick declined at this time. Next week I'll have a crack at the new data you guys brought in, and be able to better assess where we are at then" you felt Bucky's arms tighten around you. "How did you guys find out?" you asked curiously.
"We've been at Shield since this morning, and had to wait on Fury's meeting all day. He wanted to make sure everyone was back from their missions first before letting us know the news" Steve gave a lopsided smile. "Bucky nearly drove him nuts with the way he kept pacing the floor.
"That's my man" you giggled and gave Bucky a loud kiss on the cheek.
"I'm headed out to see Sarah, now that I know you seem to be okay with the news" Sam stood up.
"I've had all day to deal with the news" you rolled your eyes.
"Did you get us all packed?" Bucky asked you.
"All packed. We just need to stop to get some groceries for the weekend: you gave a large smile.
"Drink your tea before you go, it will help with the lightheadedness" Loki reminded you. Sam came over and kissed you on top of your head and headed out quickly. You supposed he must really be looking forward to his weekends now too. You picked up your tea cup gently and took a long sip, drinking down the sweetened contents. Loki seemed to be watching you closely, so you ensured to drink the entire cup down. He gave a ghost of a smile and a nod of satisfaction as a result.

"Better?" Bucky asked you.
"Much. Loki makes wonderful tea" you grinned. "What are your plans this weekend Steve?" you looked over at him.
"I'm going to read over the data and maybe do some painting. Of course there is our usual Sunday date as well" Steve seemed deep in the thought.
 "Make sure to bring Loki" you said, even though you were confident you didn't really have to. 
"I'm going to go put this in the safe, and get changed. I'll take a shower once we get home" Bucky gave you a kiss on the cheek and you slipped off his lap. He grabbed his gear and headed into the bedroom and you gave a soft smile. Even when things were going right, he always made it feel like they were going right.