Chapter 23: Baby Steps..

~Feeling a lot better today. I woke up around 3 pm so this may be late. Thanks for all of the love and support! Thank you for the birthday wishes, Sorry this chapter is late. Love you guys. Again Mark, Cpt. 21-25. Something to look forward too. Enjoy this chapter~

~November 13th (9 am)~

Sean jolted awake. Not knowing how he went to sleep or when he went to sleep. He stretched out on the bed and finally got up. He went downstairs and made himself coffee. Black of course. He decided to skip breakfast and went back upstairs with his coffee. He sat at his desk and took out his phone. He took a sip of his coffee as he put in the passcode to his phone in and opened his messages. He clicked on Mark's number and messages. Seeing Mark was probably just waking up, he texted him.

S: Hey

M: Hey!

S: Can I ask you a favor?

M: Sure.

S: Will you come with me to get her and the babies?

M: Sure!

S: We have to be there by 11.

M: Okay. I'll drop by your house in about an hour.

S: Sounds like a plan.

Sean took a big gulp of his coffee and headed into the shower.

~30 minutes later~

He got out of the shower and dried off. Grabbing his clothes in the process. He got dressed and walked out of the bathroom, going to sit back at his desk. He took a sip of his now cold coffee and frowned. He took the cup, and his phone downstairs. Putting his cup in the sink, washing it out. He was tempted to make another cup, but seeing there was no time, he put on his shoes. Sean walked back upstairs and sat at his desk, waiting for Mark. He went on twitter. Trying to ease his temptations of wanting to tweet about the babies. He heard a knock at his door. He quickly got up and jogged downstairs to meet Mark at the door.

"Hey! Ready to go?" Mark smiled. Sean nodded. Both Mark and Sean went into Mark's car as Mark drove Sean to the hospital. He had a pit in his stomach that wouldn't go away. Mark could see he wasn't at his normal rates so he started talking to him.

"You okay?" Mark raised an eyebrow. He nodded.

"Listen, there's nothing to worry about!" Mark looked at Sean at a red light. He looked down.

"I know that. I'm just worried." He looked at Mark. He sighed.

"She's okay. I can promise you nothing will happen." Mark smiled. Sean nodded. Mark drove to the hospital and parked his car. Both Mark and Sean got out of the car and check in.

"You're good to go. Congratulations!" Sean smiled as the nurse took him and Mark to her room. She slept peacefully on her side, snoring quietly. Mark smiled as did Sean. Sean walked to her and sat next to her. She sniffed his clothes for the scent of his cologne. She opened her eyes and smiled. Seeing he was there.

"You came!" She said, smiling brightly.

"Of course I came. Mark's here as well." She nodded, as Mark hugged her.

"You ready to go home?" Sean asked. She nodded as she sat up.

"Can I see the babies?" She asked. The nurse nodded bringing her Emily and Sebastian. Her face lit up as she saw her beautiful babies. The nurse handed them to her. She handed Emily to Sean and she held Sebastian. Emily cuddled up to Sean's chest as he held her. Sean smiled widely, taking hold of her hand. Emily's blue eyes had already began to show, just as her dad's. An arctic or icey blue. Sean watched as she opened her eyes, slightly. A little girl who Sean would love and care for as long as he could. Sebastian slept peacefully in his mom's arms. She rocked him back and forth.

"You guys are good to go home!" She looked up and smiled.

"Who's driving?" She looked at Sean. Mark raised his hand, she nodded. The nurse took the babies and put them into a bassinet. She got up and got dressed into the clothes she had on before the birthing. She had on shorts and Sean's hoodie that has Booper Dooper on it. (A thing soon to come xD) Sean took the babies and led her to Mark's car. He sat in the back with her as Mark drove.

"Thank you Mark, for everything.." She smiled at him. He smiled back.

"No problem." He drove him home. Sean got out of the car and took the babies inside. She invited Mark in.

"The nursery turned out great Mark!" Sean smiled taking the babies upstairs. She hugged Mark and thanked him again. Mark stayed downstairs. Emily started to cry when Sean put her in her crib. He held her and she stopped crying, and snuggled her face on his shirt. He smiled as she put Sebastian in his crib where he slept soundly. Sean walked downstairs with Emily and walked Mark out. He sat on the couch with Emily on his chest. Feeling tired. She kissed him on the lips and made him more coffee. Emily went to sleep on Sean's chest, smiling happily. He laid down on the couch, bringing his knees to an arch.

"I have the baby monitor for Sebastian upstairs. I want to take a nap. You got Emily?" She looked at him. He nodded. She kissed him again, and went upstairs. He drank his coffee and chilled with his new baby daughter. He eventually went to sleep along with Emily, holding onto her tiny hand. Emily smiled.

~A good dad? I think so.~