Chapter 40: The Last Strand of Hope..

~It's been 2 weeks..These dreams are recurring..slowly driving you insane.~

~You try to explain these dreams to Sean but he doesn't understand.~

~It's not something you recreate...it's something you fear.~

~You really need something that will stop these dreams..~

~Something...anything...~

~I broke down in tears writing this chapter so I know how you guys feel~

~March 20th (10 am)~

She sat on the bed while Sean sat at his desk editing. She started to cry, silently. Seeing those things terrified her. She heard noises....strange noises. She tried extremely hard to not break down in tears,but she couldn't. She got up and ran out of the room. Sean chased after her. She ran out of the apartment. Feeling herself be consumed by fear. She started to cry, not caring about her surroundings.

"[Y/N]!!!!" He tried to warn her, but he couldn't warn her in time. She was hit by a car. Sean sprinted over to her, crying. The driver call 911. Sean cried holding her gently.

"Please....don't leave me....I need you here....Please answer me...." His voice got quieter as he accepted the fact that she was gone and there was nothing he could do about it. The paramedics put her on a gurney and immediately took her pulse. Seeing it was faint, but still there. They put an oxygen mask. Sean got into the ambulance. and called Mark.

"Mark! Take Sebastian and Emily for the next couple of days. Please. I'll pay you for the trouble. Please take them. I'll be with [Y/N] at the hospital.*starts to cry* Please help me..."

"Sean calm down! What happened?" Mark asked him.

"She was hit by a car..." Sean starts to cry. Mark stays silent for a second.

"I'll take them..."

"Thank you..."

"Keep me updated okay?" Mark's voice was soft and comforting.

"Yeah. Bye."

"Bye.." Sean hung up the phone, looking over to her. Her clothes stained in blood and her ribs poking her skin. She lay lifeless. They pulled into the hospital. Sean walked to the waiting room, starting to break down in tears. He looked at his rings. Promise and his band. A tear fell on them as he realized he had just lost the one thing he cared about more than anything. He had lost something worth more than all the gold in the world. He lost his wife.

~An Hour Later~

Sean sat quietly, feeling his heart break. He knew he was going to be alone for the rest of his life..Why would he want anything other than her? Nothing could compare. She was the best that could ever be. All he wanted at this point was to hug her and kiss her goodbye. He didn't have any other options. He would miss everything about her. Nothing would be the same. He really would crack and break under pressure. Why would he sleep in his bed alone? Sleep wasn't worth it when he did have her. Everytime he looked at his wedding ring he'd break down in tears. She was his everything. He would pay anything to get her to stay with him.

"Mr. McLoughlin ?" Sean looked up.

"You can see her." She led him to her room. She lay on the bed, hooked up to many machines. She had an oxygen mask over her mouth and nose and her eyes were closed. She also had an IV. He tried to stay strong as he walked to her. He gently took her hand, kissing it. His tear landed on her hand. He broke down. He left the room, running down the hall. This was his last goodbye. He really didn't want to live without her. He honestly didn't care about his life if she wasn't there. He cried in the bathroom for 30 minutes. His heart broke into a million pieces as he walked back to the room. Taking her hand. He ran his thumb across her hand. [Y/N] still was unresponsive. Sean tried to look at her, but he couldn't..

~His last goodbye..~

~I'm sorry if this chapter is short. I am literally crying right now. I can't write anymore. I will break down in tears. I have become so attached to these characters. So if you cry at this chapter I understand. My heart really hurts..~