Chapter 56: Tummy Troubles

**[R] = Reader **

** [E] = Emily**

~June 1st (4 am)~

Sean slept soundly as [Y/N] came out of the bathroom, feeling queasy. She heard Emily start to cry. She quickly walked into the twin's room and turned on the light. Emily sat up, in tears.

"What's wrong honey?" She smoothed Emily's hair with her hand. Emily cried harder.

"I don't..f-feel good...." Emily stuttered, choking back more tears

"Aw, what's bothering you?" She asked.

"My tummy and my head...." Emily held her stomach. [Y/N] carefully picked Emily up and brought her into the bathroom.

"Can you hold on for a minute honey?" Emily nodded. [Y/N] quickly walked into her bedroom to wake up Sean. She shook him gently. Sean sat up, rubbing his eyes. Sean heard Emily start to cry again. He quickly put on pants and walked into the bathroom with [Y/N] following behind. Sean walked to Emily and looked at her. She sniffled.

"Does she have a fever?" Sean put his hand on her head. [Y/N] took Emily's temperature. Her temperature was high. Sean dried Emily's tears.

[Y/N] went into the medicine cabinet and got some liquid children's medicine with a cherry taste.

"Can you take this?" Sean handed her the medicine cup. Emily drank it slowly. Sean looked at Emily as she sniffled. He gently picked her up and held her in his arms. She looked at [Y/N]

"Can I sleep with you and Daddy?" Emily asked.

Sean looked at [Y/N].

"Sure honey." Sean handed Emily to [Y/N] and went into the twins' room to shut off the light. Emily nuzzled her face into [Y/N]'s chest. [Y/N] walked into their bedroom and placed her on the bed. Sean walked back to the room and sat on the bed with Emily. Emily cuddled up to his side, nuzzling her face into his warm side. Sean laid his back on the bed.

"I wanna look something up, you can go ahead and sleep." She told him. Sean nodded as Emily had already fallen asleep. Sean yawned, falling asleep as [Y/N] googled how to resolve an upset stomach.

~Time Skipping 1 hour and 30 minutes~

Sean woke up slightly, feeling warm liquid run down his chest. Sean quickly sat up as he quickly realized what the liquid was. He quickly got up and took Emily to the bathroom. Emily got sick multiple times as Sean cleaned himself up. Sean kneeled down next to Emily, rubbing her back. He patted her back, helping her cough up the remaining residue in the back of her throat. [Y/N] came upstairs with water for Emily. She stripped the sheets of their bed and put them in the laundry room. Emily was sick multiple times before she stopped to recuperate herself. Sean rubbed her back as she stood up. He put her on the counter of the bathroom and took her temperature. 101.3, a fever at its finest.

"Are you done?" Sean asked. Emily nodded. Sean looked into her blue eyes. They seemed to be full of fear and stress, but Sean's gentle touch reassured her. Emily hugged Sean tightly. [Y/N] looked at both of them.

"Sean, you can go ahead and jump in the shower. I'm gonna wash the sheets and get Emily washed up. 'Kay?" Sean nodded, handing Emily over to her. Emily rested her head on the crease of [Y/N]'s shoulder as Sean closed the bathroom door to jump in a quick shower. [Y/N] walked downstairs and turned on the kitchen light. She sat Emily on the island stool. Emily held back more tears as she felt her stomach turn. She swallowed hard to the point [Y/N] could hear her throat fight back. [Y/N] quickly got a bowl and handed it to her. Emily threw up in the bowl. [Y/N] quickly held Emily's hair back.

"You okay honey?"  Emily hesitated but nodded. [Y/N] carefully picked her up and laid her on the couch. She curled up in a ball. [Y/N] emptied and washed the bowl. She walked to the couch, sitting down. Emily laid on her lap, trying to hold back her tears. [Y/N] rubbed Emily's stomach gently, calming her down.

"Do you want us to take you to a doctor?" [Y/N] asked. Emily nodded. [R] She kissed Emily's warm forehead as Emily slowly went back to sleep. [R] She kept the bowl close to Emily's mouth. Sean came downstairs in clean clothes. 

"The sheets are in the washing machine." She whispered to Sean. Sean nodded, kissing her cheek. 

"We need to take her to Urgent Care as soon as we can." Sean told him. She nodded in agreement. Sean felt bad for Emily. Emily hated being sick more than he did. He just wanted to hold her in his arms. Emily woke up, sitting up and clinging to [Y/N]'s chest. [Y/N] smoothed Emily's hair with her hand. Emily whimpered as Sean looked at her.

"I-i'm sorry Daddy...." Emily started crying. Sean looked at her and wiped her tears.

"Don't be sorry honey. I know it was an accident." Sean tried to comfort her. He sat on the couch as Emily sat on his lap. Emily sniffled.

"It's okay honey...it's okay." Sean rubbed her back as she cried. She hugged Sean tightly. Emily sniffled again. Sean kissed her cheek. 

Sean closed his eyes, trying not to cry as Emily hugged him.

"Mooom~?" Sebastian came down the stairs. [Y/N] got up from the couch and walked to the stairs, picking Sebastian up. She held him in her arms. 

"Is everything okay?" Sebastian asked. [Y/N] looked at Sebastian.

"Emmi doesn't feel very well. We didn't want to wake you up so we came down here." She explained. Emily stayed quiet, falling asleep. Sean laid on the couch at a slanted angle, letting Emily get comfortable and finally get some sleep. [Y/N] took Sebastian in her arms.

"Let's go watch TV Sabbie?" Sebastian nodded as [Y/N] took him upstairs. 

Sean hummed the Irish National Anthem as Emily got some sleep. The Irish National Anthem was a melody that could make Emily fall asleep instantly. Emily just wanted to feel better but she knew she could feel better in Sean's arms. The pain would subside as he held her.

~The best medicine~

~Sorry for the late update~