Background

Once two separate cultured families lived in an old style housing complex named “Aradhana” in north Kolkata. The housing complex was divided in two distinct sides, Marwari’s side and Bengali’s side. Those two sides was separated by a small agna or courtyard which was used to celebrate various functions of both side. Generally these families stayed separated from each other but a Marwari boy Shekhar Gadodia and Bengali girl Sharmistha Bose dared to break those rules. They become friend in very tender age and continued. With time Shekhar’s marriage was fixed with a conservative Marwari girl named Janki. After this alignment fixed they realized they love each other but they were late to understand their feelings so for their falimy’s sake they went with the flow. MBA student Shekhar got married with Janki and started his business with a friend instead of joining his father’s shop while Medical student Sharmistha went to Chandigarh for her MD. They started to advance in separate way away from each other but their fate had some other plan. After 2 years Sharmistha came back to Kolkata to join a repeated hospital as house doctor with intention to live in hospital quarter. When she came back she found that Shekhar’s wife janki was critical after her delivery. Sharmistha did everything she could to save her and took good care of her newborn daughter. She lived 1 month and in her death bed she gave her husband’s close friend Sharmistha responsibility of 1 month old daughter and husband. After 2 months one day Shekhar and Sharmistha got married against will of both the families and shifted to flat which joins both the wings with their daughter. After one and half year Sharmistha gave birth to another daughter. Though Gadodia family and Boss family neither like each other nor their son-in-law and daughter-in-law but both the girls are apples of their both grandparents along with there their parents. Both grandmothers dots on them and always had a fight which culture girls should know and girls end up knowing both very well. Their parents encouraged them to participate in functions of both culture. 

Sanskar and Laksh are twin brothers and sons of Durga Prasad Maheswari and Annapurna Maheswari.

Ram Prasad Maheswari and Sujata Maheswari has two daughters Nivedita and Uttara and one son Adarsh. Nivedita is eldest among all while Uttara is the youngest one.
Adarsh is elder than Laksh and Sanskar.