Chapter 14

Sanskar sat on that L-shaped sofa while Swara preferred the floor. Both of them played some old tunes. Suddenly hearing a tune Swara started to cry.

He stopped immediately slipped beside her and asked “what happened Swara?  Did this tune reminds you something sad?”

she looked at him and then lowered her eyes but in that time he had seen fear hate disgust and loneliness in her eyes. She was crying and sobbing uncontrollably.

He had never seen her like that it killed him thousand times to see his dear Swara all broken and afraid. He cupped her face and asked again “please Swara tell me what make you like this. I can't see you this way. Please tell me.”

She slowly put his hands down. Hugged herself and in broken voice started

“I was in class X and Di in XII. We were attaining Summer Camp in our boarding school. The last night everyone was busy in bonfire and playing various games I went to our allotted hostel room to bring a comforter for Di as she was not well.

When I was coming back through vacant corridor a popular senior boy named Naman called me. I turned towards him he signed me to come to his room I refused and started to run but he caught me from back and told nobody ever dared to refuse him every girl wants him and he had his eyes on me. He told me to stop showing attitude.  I begged him to leave me but he didn't.

He pushed me to the wall forcefully pinned me and kissed me. He tried to pull my dress I pushed his hands and he slapped me. I shouted again and again but this song was plying so loudly no one could hear my voice. He kissed me again he kissed liked whole face of me like a lusty dog.

He was stopped by a hit in his head. He left me hold his head to look back. My Di was standing there holding a stick. He hold my hair again in anger and said I would pay the price for that. Di tried to hit him again but he hold the stick that time and pushed her on ground. He told he wouldn't leave me to show my face in public.

Thankfully some other students heard some commotion and came there. He left me but said this was not end he would see me.

As he was son of trusty so administration didn't took any action and for my reputation and safety my parents had to keep quite as we didn't wanted our family to know these.

After that day Di and two of my friends never left me alone. After my 10th our parents changed my school. I never ever could forget that night when that demon touched me.

I feel so low so impure so disgusted to myself. He left me not worthy for anyone.

You know I used to have a steady relationship with one of senior who was also Papa’s client’s son Kaushik Chatterjee. After knowing about this incident Kaushik broke up with me telling I am not worthy of being somebody's girlfriend or wife anymore as am not pure.”

Sanskar felt a furry in every fiber of his body for both that scrums who tried to molest his Swara and who insulted her like that way.

He pulled her in his lap and hugged her. She rested her head in his chest. After he controlled his temper he started “you know I could kill that guy for this. I want to clear something to you. You are not impure Swara you are the purest person I have ever seen in my life. Your mind and soul are untouched by any evil.

I know you are concerned about his touch on your body. He forcefully kissed you but that can't impure you infect nothing can believe me. Your that ass of ex-boyfriend didn’t deserved you its better he left your life. He was a mean good for nothing person forget him and his words.

Please believe me Swara you are pure like a dew drop untouched by any evil.”

Swara looked at him she fixed her gaze with his worm eyes and said “I want to believe you I will try to forget. Will you help me if you are in my side I can do anything. I forgot him forgot everything about him except those words”

he hugged her tightly and said “I will always be with you Swara. Please get hold of yourself dear those bustards don’t deserve this. Please forget that. Forget those words of him which is insignificant. Stop crying I can't see you like this. I want my bubbly smiling optimistic Swara back.”

She smiled with sadness “You couldn't stay whole life with me. You will have a life a family of your own. I want that for you. You to get all happiness and a bright future. But I promise I will keep my promise I will try to fight with my demon from now.”.

He never thought to express his feelings for her but today he couldn't resist with all those emotional blasts. He cupped her face “I want you as my future, part of my life for forever. I never thought that I will ever confess but today all my resistance broke. I love you Swara I want you but don't deserve you as..”

He was cut by a hand in his lips “I love you too but you deserve someone without baggage”

He kissed her palm which was in his lips and then hold it near his heart “ I want you. We both have baggage can’t we help each other to get rid of it??” she said “yes” and hugged him back.

They broke the hug after a long time. He cupped her face loosely and very slowly started to move towards her face. He kissed her forehead and she smiled then both of them kissed each other’s face. Finally, he slowly looked at her lips and started to move slowly to give her opportunity to back off but she forwarded her face closed her eyes and parted her lips. Their lips met for first time. It was a sweet and gentle kiss. He again pulled her in his chest open her pony tail to bury his face on her hair after kissing her face and top of head.

He said “I can't believe in my good luck. I never thought life will give me this opportunity. From the day I realised I fell head over hills for you I thought that if I want to keep you in my life, I have to keep you as my best friend. Thank you for accepting me with all my baggage”

she looked at him and cupped his face “I knew I love you from long back but never dream that I can be this lucky. Thank you for accepting me with my ghost of past.”

Then she kissed his whole face then kissed his lips. He responded gently suddenly he felt a bite in his lower lip and opened his mouth to let her tongue enter in his mouth then he tilted her head properly and depended the kiss. They sucked, bit each other’s lips, their tongues danced together and they explored each other’s mouth.

The gentle kiss they started turned into passionate one within few seconds. When they broke the kiss, they were grasping for air.

She said “we both are idiots” Shaan said “humm exactly made for each other” and pecked in her lips then kissed her forehead. They hugged each other tightly and stayed like that for some times.

Their romantic moment was broken by ring of Swara's phone. It was Ragini on the phone. “Swara where are you?  It’s already 10 pm. You know gate will be closed at 10:30.” Swara grasped. Shaan's apartment was in posh reach area of South Kolkata far away from her North Kolkata housing its absurd to reach there in 30 minutes.

“I am on the way. I will not be able to reach within 10:30. What should I do Di?” Ragini “what should I do with you. Ok you hurry up and let me think something.”.
And she cut the call.  After cutting the call Swara said “I am in trouble” Shaan hurried up locked the door and that day Swara saw him drive like a maniac. He covered 1 hour's distance in 25 minutes.

On the way they got another call from Ragini who told them to take back rout as Dadi and Dida were angry and waiting in front gate for her. At 10:28 Ragini saw a Ford to pull off near the back gate of Aaradhana.  Swara kisses Shaan's chick mouthed “love you Shaan. You are a rock star”. Who replied “love you too angle, Meet you tomorrow”. They bid each other goodbye and Swara rushed towards waiting Ragini. Ragini said “you will someday give me a heart attack. That’s your new friend?”