Chapter 17

Annapurna met Ragini in a function of Agarwal family where she accompanied with her grandmother. She liked Ragini a lot for her son Laksh. She thought that this girl is educated modest cultured and balanced with tradition and modernism. She discussed with her husband who also agreed. They met with Gadodias and asked for Ragini’s hand. Shekhar and Sharmistha was reluctant in this proposal as they wanted their daughter to fulfill her dreams first but in continuous insistence of Mr. and Mrs. Gadodia, they agreed to let Ragini meet with them. Elders of family and Parineeta met Ragini and liked her a lot and they fixed a meeting between Laksh and Ragini 2 days after. Laksh was angry sad and disappointed to know that his parents find a girl for him and fixed a meeting. To his surprise Shaan also supported their parents and want him to meet her and assured if he doesn’t like that girl then he will see the matter.

Meanwhile Swara met a frustrated and little drunk Laksh in one of her university friend’s party. He was friend of her friend’s brother. In the first meeting they had a clash about some matter and drunk Laksh rudely behaved with her.

When Laksh came to meet Ragini with Adarsh as Shaan was busy in an important business meeting he came face to face with Swra. Both were surpeised to see each other. Swara was hell angry with her grandmother for selecting this type of guy for her Di. Laksh thought he was gone case in front of this tigress type of girl as he thought her first the girl, he came to meet but his misconception broke when Ragini came cladded in a Sharee. She was forced to wear Sharee by both her grandmothers. As a normal reserve person, she spoke little and actually none of them like each other. Neither Sharmistha and Shekhar liked him much though they liked his parents. That matter could be stopped their but Annapurna liked Ragini a lot so she asked Shaan to look into the matter. He said him to meet her once if he don’t like her then they will break the alliance but if he like her he will try to show Lucky her good sides. He agreed with his mother and instead of meeting her in her home he went to meet her in the college she recently joined as he wanted to see her without any formality and real her. He liked her honesty simplicity maturity ground to earth nature. He came to Lucky’s room that night for a heart to heart talk.

Lucky’s room is just beside his and joined by a common balcony. They are identical in architecture but separate in interior. Lucky’s room is a messy one with his stuff’s scattered here and there. When Shaan entered in Lucky’s room Lucky was working in his laptop lying in his bed. He asked “Lucky do you have some time for a little chat?” Lucky was upset with him as he gave him a huge workload for some days. He said “it depends on who wants to talk. If my boss wants to talk then I couldn’t say anything and if my brother then I will be free may be after 30 minutes.” Shaan smiled at his words and took his laptop from him and mail those documents to his id “I will tell your boss to do this particular work by himself as your bother wants to talk to you about some matters.” Lucky was curious by now for what Shaan excused him from his work. He sat up and said “shoot” Out of the blue for him Shaan asked “Tell me about Ragini.” At an instant Lucky said “Who is Ragini? I don’t know anyone in this name. Really, I don’t have any steady girlfriend. God knows from where this news spresd.” Shaan said “I know you don’t have any girlfriend. The girl you went to meet with Adarsh bhai for alliance is Ragini. God dude you don’t knew her name also.” Lucky with relief “What should I talk about her? I didn’t like that traditional Marwari girl with a gundy sister. Chapter closed” Shaan asked “Why didn’t you like her? Specifically, what about her you disliked?” Luckey answered “Her decked up in Sharee the full traditional type. Her shyness. She was too much quiet and may be nervous. By the way why are you asking about those?” Shaan answered “I met her and liked her. In my opinion she is not completely like the way you described her but you feel her like that way because you met her in very formal way for marriage in our country.” Lucky asked “You met her!! Where?? Why??” His brother replied “Yah I met her at her college where she teaches. Why is simple because I wanted to meet the girl mom choose for you and I really liked her” Lucky acidly said “if you like her that much go and marry her.” But after he said those words, he understood what he said and slapped himself for that but much to his surprise Shaan said “She is good but not my type.” Lucky hurriedly changed the topic and asked “She is a teacher in a college? She is working? An independent highly educated girl?” Shaan replied “Yes. What did you thought what type of girl our parents choose for you a typical less educated obedient typical maewari girl. No Lucky. Please for me meet her once again in my way that is informal way.” As he can’t say no to his brother he said “ok but in one condition. You have to accompany me this time.” Shaan said “ok done”. Next day Annapurna called Shekhar and asked for one more meeting with her sons in informal way and without informing his parents. Shekhar agreed to let them meet but in his home only.