Chapter 35

Chapter 35

The next day was the wedding day. Both Gododia and Maheswari family was filled with happiness and all hustle and bustle. Shekhar and Sharmistha were very much busy as the bride's parents but still, they managed to spend quality time with their princess as it was her last day in their home. Along with the happiness that she will get a loving family and will settle into her life, there was sadness as their daughter will leave their house after a few hours. 

They came to Ragini's room while Swara was making her ready for some rituals for a chat Sharmistha hold her hand "I know that your Dadi and Dida said to you that a girl's original home is her husband and in-law's home and she was just a guest in her parents' home for few years. But Ragini Beta, we differ from that view. That was for those parents who thought of daughters as a responsibility we wanted to say to you that we are proud that you are our daughter. We want to ensure you that it was your home and will always be, you are getting a new home but not losing any. Whenever you need us, we will be just a phone call away dear. Your parents will always support you no matter what and when you need them. Always remember your surname is changing but we all will be family and close to each other always."

 By the time she finished all of them were in tears. Shekhar kept his hand in Ragini's head then turned to Swara "Shona it was for you also within a few months you will also going to leave our nest and we don't know if we will master the courage again to repeat these words." All four of them hugged together in a group hug. A few times later Dadi finds them like that only "Are Shekhar Sharmistha today is your daughter's wedding and you are here shedding tears while people are asking for you. Keep your tears for Bidayi. Go and check the arrangements." Though she said that but all of them kept coming to check on her.

On the other hand, Durga Prasad and Ram Prasad along with Annapurna shared their knowledge with Laksh regarding marriage and its responsibilities. They tried to make him understand that from now on Ragini and her well beings will be his responsibility. They told him that marriage is not only love but also companionship and support for each other. Durga Prasad said that from now on he will get another family to look after. As a daughter-in-law of this house, Ragini has a responsibility towards this family, he also as a son-in-law rather than say son will have a responsibility towards her family.

All this pip talk sends Laksh to the edge and his wedding jitter again comes in full swing and his brothers had to bear all his restlessness. He wasn't calm until that moment also when Adarsh and Sanskar were making him ready in his wedding Sherwani. When Parineeta came to tie his turban as per custom she witnessed Lucky's restlessness and Shaan and Adarsh going to be insane with that. 

She took the matter into her hand from there. While tying his turban she slowly said "Lucky Bhai we girls are generally very much adjustment prone we only need little support from our husband and family. Ragini is a very calm and mature girl and you consider her a very good friend. People say friendship is the basis of the relationship between husband and wife so it's a nice start. Be with her always and support her as you did in past also. We all will be there to help you two also so don't fear and just enjoy this phase of life. The only change will be for now that she will share this room with you and time will help you to adjust to this situation. You already consider Swara as a sister and respect Uncle, Aunty a lot so that's considering them as family will not be a problem as you already consider them." With Parineeta's assuring words Lucky becomes calm finally. She then turned to Shaan and her husband and told them to go and get ready.

When the barat reached Gododia house along with Laksh Sankar also received special treatment as he will soon be the son-in-law of this house also and everyone loves him a lot. Many girls eyed handsome Sanskar and Swara made it clear and loud by her gesture that he is her only. Shaan laughed at her antics and got an excuse to keep her with him. 

During the wedding procedure, he hold her hand and said that very soon they will also experience these rituals and he will make her his in front of the whole world. Shekhar overheard them and his eyes filled up in anticipation of his other Princess also leave soon. He went to his wife and pointed entwined hands of Shaan and Swra who was standing very close to mandap and watching the wedding "Shumi very soon Shona will also leave us. It's just after a few months we will stand in this position again. This time after Ragini leaves she will be there with us but after 4-5 months when she will also leave us our home will be vacant completely." 

Sharmistha understood a father's crying heart for his daughters who will leave for a new life within a few hours as well as who will within a few months. She holds her husband's hand "we will be for each other Shekhar. We should be happy that our daughters are having a good family and life partners and they will be together they will look after each other. They will be in this city only and we can see them when we want. Don't be a crybaby for me."

Finally, the wedding was over after some celebrations it was time for the painful part of the wedding. Bidayi when a girl has to leave behind the house, she grows up to start a new life. All of them cried a lot. Swara accompanied her to Maheswari House where Ragini and Laksh got a warm and grand welcome. After some happy moments, post-marital rituals and fun games Ragini was taken to her new room and Swara asked for leave that night.

Swara, Shaan, Ved, Adi, Nita along with some Gadodia guests stayed in Shaan's apartment that night. Till late night all the friends chatted and finally retired to sleep. As Shaan promised he managed to get his beloved all to himself. Adi, Ved and Nita knowing that they enjoy physical intimacy helped that matter. While Shaan and Swara spend a romantic, cozy and passionate night the newlywed had another story. 

Laksh and Ragini both were feeling awkward and uncomfortable after they were left alone in their decorated bed. The reality of staying together sank into them as they realize they have to share everything. After they changed into their casual attires from heavy wedding dresses Ragini asked a place where she should keep her things. That time Laksh realized that he hasn't vacant any place for her things he apologized to her for that and both of them together did the work and later placed Ragini's things in that place and their journey of companionship started. They chatted till 3 am in the morning and then slept on their sides of the bed. It was all new feelings for them as both of them were sharing a bed with someone else than their respective sibling for the first time though there was a pillow wall.