Chapter 42

Adarsh who planned and organized the party arranged a grand entry for the star couple of that evening. All people gathered there appreciated that they look great together. Soon Sanskar tagging Swara with him got busy attaining guests. Businessmen throughout the country came there and being an MD & CEO of such a big group he had to attain them personally with his fiancé. 

There was another surprise for Shaan all his friends from school, college and IIM were invited to the party and all of them attended as they were very happy for their Shaan to find love again. Though he did the formalities, excitedly met his friends, introduced Swara to them, remembering good times, joked with them and had a good time but he kept his eyes on his brother who was nervous to profess his love towards his wife. Before coming to the party Shaan gave a peep talk to Lucky and he looked quite confident but after coming to the party he became nervous again. 

Swara also noticed Laksh looking at Ragini with dreamy eyes from far but not trying to go near. At least at the morning function, he tried to talk to her but here with so many people around his guts went out of the window. 

After exchanging the pleasantries DJ called the newly engaged couple to the dance floor and an idea stuck in their mind. After the first dance Shaan took the mic from DJ "This is a big day for me and Swara when we are officially engaged after 1 and half years of dating each other. There are few people here who knew our secrets for a long and supported us unconditionally. Today's celebration is not complete without them with us so I am calling a few more couples to join us on the dance floor. Laksh, Ragini, Adarsh Bhai and Pari Bhabi please join us here. I also want to thank my sister Uttara, my friends Ved, Aditya and Neeta, Swara's friends Niraj for whom we met actually, Akash, Sneha, Neha and all her band members. I am really happy that Adi, Ved, Lucky and Adarsh bhai gave me the biggest surprise and gift in the form of all my old friends and I am really happy that they come here and multiplied my happiness to infinity. So please find a partner and join the dance floor please.

In the second dance Laksh, Ragini, Adarsh and Parineeta joined the star couple. When Laksh came there before the song start Shaan murmured in Laksh's ear "Lucky I gave you the chance to be with Ragini without any disturbance now say to her that you love her. It's your golden chance." Laksh nodded but he only looked mesmerizingly at Ragini and couldn't utter any word. Dancing close to each other affected both of them, their close proximity was making them both nervous and awkward. Ragini being a shy person and not habituated to dance in front of so many people became self-conscious with Laksh's gaze on him and made him more nervous. So, after 4 dances also Laksh remained unable to express his feelings to Ragini. 

The party was going to end and Shaan became busy again with greeting and looking after his friends and business associates but steel he exchanged a few glances with Swara enquiring about the progress. Swara was also busy attending to both her and Shaan's friends who wanted to meet the girl and managed to steal the heart of their friend but her eyes freckled towards Laksh and Raguni. Finally, after all, gusts left the venue except a few close ones Shaan went to Laksh and confronted him "What are you doing Lucky? You got lots of chances but still, you couldn't say a simple sentence to your own wife knowing very well that she reciprocates your feelings. It's the height of being a dumb year." 

Lucky was already upset that he lost so many chances for his own nervousness and now Shaan's tease and worked up "Hello Mr. Over smart you also took time to confess your feelings to Swara before you were forced to do that with the flow of emotion. Infect I have all intention to say it to her but if that emotional encounter didn't happen till now you didn't have imagined telling her about your feelings." Shaan looked at his pissed-off brother "Leave what leads to what but the matter is we confessed our feelings and had an affair for 1 and half years. And for your kind information, I didn't think to confess because I didn't have any idea of her feelings and thought that she deserves better than me but the moment I get wind of her feelings I didn't let her go or let go any chance to bare my heart to her. But you are not trying and planning anything to convey your feelings."

 Laksh got more upset with the accusation that he wants to try to do that which he was trying for the last few days. He said, "Yaar it's not like that I understood that I can't do it face to face so you know I typed an SMS for Ragini and kept it saved in my phone but couldn't master the courage to send it." Shaan wanted to see it as if Lucky is saying the truth. Laksh showed him the massage "I wanted to tell you for a few days that I love you, Ragini.-your Laksh" Shaan looked to Laksh, appreciating that he expressed his feelings in a good way and then hit the send button. 

Laksh was horrified by that "What you did Shaan? Why you did do it?" Shaan smiled "You said you didn't master the courage to send it so I did on behalf of you." Both the brothers stood there while their eyes tried to search Ragini who was nowhere to be seen. Laksh was his most nervous and cranky self. He was very much angry with Shaan for what he did. Shaan messaged Swara and wanted to know if she was with Ragini and what was going on there she answered everything was under control.

Ragini was standing with Swara and a few other girls who were their relatives at the far end of the hall when suddenly her phone biped with an incoming message from Laksh. She opened the message with a smile seeing Laksh's name and get speechless. Others didn't notice but Swara noticed Ragini's condition and pulled her towards an empty room.

 Ragini there showed her the massage and shed happy tears. She wanted to hear these three words from a long back from him and they finally came she sensed that he wanted to say something to her but didn't think this can be the matter. She was too much emotional and hugged Swara tightly. Swara got a massage from Shaan and came to know about nervous and impatient Lucky. She urged Ragini to reply to him. Ragini's fingers were trembling while typing so Swara typed on behalf of her and showed Ragini. Ragini blushed, smiled shyly seeing it, and finally hit the send button.

After nearly 7 minutes of Shaan sending the massage to Ragini's number Laksh's phone showed an incoming message "I love you too. –Your Ragini." Laksh was on cloud 9. He hugged Shaan and thanked him for the same act for which he was cursing Shaan. Shaan smiled and hugged back his brother for a new start to his life.