Chapter 12

One fine afternoon in the drawing room when Shaan, Annapurna, Sujata and Uttara were enjoying little chitchat Parineeta came with Coffee for Shaan and tea for others. She handed others their tea and said to him "Devar ji your coffee." Though she is this house's daughter-in-law for two years but Shaan get to know his sister-in-law for just a few days for his absence and he considered her as an elder sister. 

He dislikes this old concept of treating a daughter-in-law as an outsider in her in-laws' house who left her childhood home for them and calling people with relationship tags always. He took the cup and asked "Bhabi can I ask something from you?" she at once said "sure devar ji" he then with a crocked smile said, "please instead of devar ji call me Shaan or Sanskar like others. My name is not that bad so you can't call me by that". 

Before anybody can say anything Sujata said "it's the decorum Sanskar. Not about you only but for everyone." He turned to his aunt and said "why so Chachi? It feels distant and unattached we are family so why this distance?" then he turned to Parineeta "Bhabi I consider you as an elder sister instead of sister-in-law and I would love it if you also consider me as a younger brother. I don't care about this type of decorum I believe in relationships between people and I want a healthy elder sister-younger brother relationship between us. Now it's upon you if you can think me as a brother or not." 

Parineeta was emotional to get such treatment from one of her in-laws. No one except Bari Ma And Bade Papa treated her such good and as their own. She first time went against her mother-in-law, with teary eyes and a pleasant smile she said "As you wish Shaan bhai. It's my good luck to have a brother like you" 

Shaan was happy and said "now it sounds good" Annapurna with a smile and affectionate voice said "Pari beta I am giving you another right today to robe Shaan in Rakhi" Shaan answered, "I am not afraid Mom. I would love to be robbed by one more sister" she was overwhelmed today she never had a brother and always wished one. She said "to get the right to tie a rakhi in your wrist itself is the biggest gift for me and Bari ma as an elder sister it's my turn to give him a gift not to take from him," he said to Uttara "learn something Chutki. I am really lucky." 

Uttara turned to Parineeta and said, "if you are so generous today then please drop ji from my name Bhabi". Parineeta said "ok but then I will also call you Chutki" she shouted "yapii. Done done done. I am sooooo happy" they spend the whole evening with happy chatting and for the first time Parineeta felt this Manson as her home after 2 years of her marriage.

Next morning when maximum members of Maheswari family were having their breakfast. Parineeta came with all their beverages and handed saying "Bare Papa your without sugar liqueur tea, Papaji your Masala tea, Adarsh ji your Cofee with cream, Devar ji your black coffee with cream, Shaan bhai your home grinded black coffee without cream and Uttara your orange juice" 

all of a sudden Lucky said "what is this?" everyone turned to him with surprise. Parineeta asked "is there anything wrong Devar ji? I can bring another coffee if it doesn't feel good," he said "yes it is wrong but not with Coffee. It is injustice with me. Why this old-fashioned Devar ji for me still on when you call Shaan as Shaan bhai and Chutki instead of Uttata ji as Uttara? Its unfair". 

Uttara giggled and said "bhabi calls me Chutki also" Shann said "have you ever asked? We convinced bhabi to call us like that." Lucky grumpily said "I asked but Chachi declined my plea," Durga Prasad with a gentle smile said "Parineeta beta this time Lucky is right. It's unfair call him by his name also" and she started to call him Laksh bhai. Adarsh was very happy to see his wife being accepted as an elder sister by his brothers and sister but Sujata wasn't happy with this development. She felt angry as she thought Parineeta is taking the place of her eldest daughter Nivedita in everyone's life.

That day Durga Prasad asked Laksh "Lucky I want you to take your life and career a little serious now. Start working and earning your own pocket money at least. It's not about money son it's about your future your self-respect, dignity and taking responsibility." Lucky said "I am also thinking about that Dad". Durga Prasad said "join our company then. Say which department you would like" Lucky sheepishly said "I want to work but not in our company. I want to work with Shaan". 

He expected his father to object but he smiled and said "Shaan teach him and make him work hard without mercy." Durga Prasad knew about his youngest son's abilities. He brings his company to a high position within a very short time with his dedication, hard work and excellent business mind. He also proved himself when recently their company was going through few problems and within 2 days only he fixed it with his ideas. He is proud of him and wished he works with them but knew it was early to propose that. 

Shaan had something in his mind. After he came back home his friends and partners Ved and Aditya told him several times to join his family business and merge their company with Maheswari group of industries that will be good for their business also as well as and his own good. Swara also supported that view and encouraged him to join his family business and this is the high time to discuss those with his Dad. 

He stopped eating and said "Dad I want to propose something" Durga Prasad shifted his full attention to his son "yes Shaan." Sensing his hesitance he said "Do you want to discuss in more private?" Shaan nodded and they both went to his study. After some time they came back to dining area and said to Adarsh and Ram Prasad "Ram we are going for a merger with a leading PR Company within 7 days. Do the preparation." Who answered "ji Bhaiya" then to Adarsh who is HR Head of their group of Companies "Adarsh we are getting 3 special Heads and a special Executive. Note down their names and position. I want their contract paper ready as soon as possible" Adarsh was little surprised with this. His Bare Papa as CEO of Maheswari Group of Industries had the power to take any discussion single-handedly but he never did this with recruitment. He always discussed with him and Board Members. If he is taking these 4 without any discussions then they are no doubt special. He got ready with pain and paper. Durga Prasad started

"Planning and Development Junior Executive -Mr. Laksh Maheswari"

Laksh was disappointed with it. It must be Shaan's doing dad was ready to let him work with Shaan. Adarsh with excitement said "Lucky is going to join us. That's great. Congratulations brother." Durga Prasad said "Yes. But please finish the job in hand first then start celebrating". He felt ashamed for his shift of focus and got ready again and Durga Prasad started

"Marketing Head – Mr. Aditya Jaiswal

Personal Relation and Media Head – Mr. Ved Rathore and

Business and Development Head – Mr. Sanskar Maheswari

And Ram the Company we are going with merger is SAV PR."

There was pin drop silence in the room in shock and surprise for sometimes before Ram Prasad shouted "Bhabi bring sweets. It's a day of Celebration. Why 7 day I will arrange the merger in 3 days only. Adarsh wept his eyes and said "contract letters will be ready today itself." Then turned to his brother "Welcome New Business and Development Head. It was my dream that we 3 will work together. It's an honor to work with you. You are my younger brother but I have no shame to say you are the most talented among us brothers and we both can learn a lot from you." Shaan at once said "please don't embarrass me Bhai. We all will work together will do a great job as a team and will take the Group in new heights." Both elderly men watched their sons taking a new oath. All the ladies come running to see the matters and became happy with the news except one.