Chapter 23

After they reach home Sharmitha was relieved to see both her daughters in proper condition. She asked Ragini "is everything ok?" and Ragini answered "absolutely. She was a little upset regarding Laksh. But the problem is solved." As a mother, Sharmitha knew that was not a matter but she decided not to dig into the matter then. Ragini informed Laksh before that she got Swara but due to workload he couldn't talk much at that time. He called Ragini at night to know about Swara's condition. He never called at night so she was surprised and Swara pulled her leg before leaving the room to give her some privacy. Ragini received the call and heard Laksh's concerned voice "Is Swara all right?" she was emotional to see the development and said "yes she is absolutely fine now. Good as new perfectly." He asked "from where did you find her? What happened? Do you know?" she said "I find her from Princep Ghat only. Yes, I know now. She had a big fight with her boyfriend and both of them haven't talked properly for a few days so both had a miserable condition but now they are patched up and are back to their usual self." Lucky said "so everything leads to an affair. Love really causes pain. I have seen my brother now your sister. People shouldn't do that." Ragini was amused to hear that but changed the topic and they talked about other things.

Next Sunday Laksh invited all of them as he got a promotion and got a few big deals to handle on his own. At the restaurant Laksh teasingly asked Swara "So I got the news that you have a boyfriend and I a brother-in-law. From when it's going on?" both Shaan and Swara were shocked by that and Ragini answered before them "from few months. Before you met me." Lucky said "its not fair Swara you should introduce him to me. We are family now" they understood that Lucky don't know the full matter and Swara thought to change the topic. "I will later but Jiju you look skinny and tired. Any problem?" he answered "no not at all a problem. Thanks to my boss who gave me too much of a workload." Shaan said "your boss only recommended your promotion also. And Mr. I also have my bosses who asked me to make you work hard." Lucky again got back to the previous topic "I am not like you lovers Swara that for someone leaves food and sleep. While you were suffering, he might have enjoyed his time with friends or something else. Torturing yourself for anyone isn't done." Shaan was frustrated with his brother "how could you know what he did that time?" lucky was taken aback by Shaan's reaction but said "maximum boys do that. They don't bother much." Shaan asked acidly "oh really. Have you done research on that?" Lucky answered "no need for common observations sir. I have engaged friend's maximum of them does it yah I have seen one exception and that's you." Shaan said "then mention it. Don't generalize Luckily." Lucky was really surprised to see this mood and reaction of Shaan while Ragini and Swara had a tough time suppressing their lough.

Luckily managed to impress everyone in the Gadodia Family and the engagement ceremony of Laksh and Ragini was fixed for next month. Before engagement Laksh had a heart-to-heart conversation with Ragini where he wanted to clear everything up before the important step of their life. One evening they met in a park for this. Laksk said, "thanks Ragini for coming I want to clear something." Ragini said "it's ok please carry on" Lucky sat in front of Ragini and told "I tried to modify and improve myself don't know how much I am successful. But I can promise I will continue my try to make things better. I don't know what kind of a partner I will become but can say I promise to be committed and loyal. I will try to give my 100% to our future and relationship but for now, I like you, you are a great person and a good friend but I might need much time to become a perfect fiancé. I still haven't that kind of feelings and love for you. Can you accept me with this fault and grant me some time to become a proper fiancé?"

 Ragini listen to him silently and said "thanks for saying your heart's content. I am glad that you consider me as your friend. You know my Ma says friendship is base of every relationship. Life partners should be friends first. And about time not only you we both need time to know each other properly. I believe feelings will develop with time so leave it for now and let's become friends. I am lucky that my life partner will be my friend instead of a stranger." Laksh felt relieved "thanks Ragini for understanding me and support" with a sweet smile Ragini said "that's what friends do Laksh. I want to ask something from you." Laksh said "please say what. I will do anything within my limits" 

Ragini thought this is the difference between these two brothers Lucky will do things within his limits for her and whereas Swara is concerned there is no limit for Sanskar. She watched the couple closely the way they look at each other their gesture their mentality and the depth of their emotions startled her. They completed each other. She said "I want some time between our engagement and marriage. I need some time to prepare myself for leaving my home and another thing is I am preparing for my Research. I want to appear for my entrance exam and submit my synopsis before marriage. Can you handle it??" Laksh answered "sure I can do it. No problem. Let's celibate our friendship in one of my favorite restaurants outside the proper city." Ragini agreed. She wanted to share it with Swara immediately but that was not possible. It was Swara and Sanskar's 6th month love anniversary and they wanted to spend this special day alone away from the world so they went on a day-long trip outside the city in the early morning. They will return late at night and she has to cover up for her sister. It is going to be easy today being Ma and Dadi outside the state. She and Laksh left for the dinner he proposed.

Another side to celibate their 6th month anniversary Swara and Sanskar left the city early morning and went to a farmhouse Sanskar bought for them outside the city. They spend their time together on long drives, enjoying the scenic beauty of the place, the sound of nature, swimming in the river etc.. at the evening they left the place and planned to have dinner in a posh restaurant than a long drive through highway and before he drops her to her home she wants to enjoy their favorite ice-cream in an ice-cream parlor. Laksh and Ragini were leaving the restaurant when he noticed Swara with a guy facing his back towards them in the private beautifully decorated corner of this luxurious place. Though he couldn't see the face of the guy he seemed familiar. He pointed towards them and said to Ragini "see Swara there with her boyfriend may be. Good idea decoration for the date they are quite romantic I see. Let's say hello." Ragini thought don't Laksh get any other place for dinner? With the decoration, she assumed They already booked the place so this place is preferred by both the brothers. Now she has to stop Laksh to give them a shock on their special day. She holds Laksh's hand to prevent him to go there "don't disturb them today. It's not a normal date for them it's their special day. We will meet another day." Laksh looked at the decoration and thought it must be they are celebrating something special. A waitress carried a chocolate cake written SS and a ½ in the middle towards their table. He asked "SS!! ½ ?" She explained as they left the restaurant "both their name starts with S so SS. And ½ for their 6-month love anniversary." Laksh said "so it's been 6 months she is in an affair and she gives us and your family so much time. When my brother was in a relationship his all time was taken by his ex. We used to miss him." It was hard for Ragini to reply but she said "it depends on a partner to partner you know. Might be he can show a different behavior with some other girl" he sadly replied, "it was next to impossible thought 1year back but now we can hope." She smiled and said "be optimistic" and thought if I could say you the truth.