Chapter 19

In their parents’ initiate Laksh and Ragini started to meet occasionally once in a week. First 2 months they met in either Gadodia or Maheswari home. Ragini thought of Laksh as a spoiled son of rich parents and emotional irresponsible man but good at heart who cares a lot for his loved ones. She noticed his initiative to change himself for good. She noticed he was involving himself in office work much day by day and becoming responsible slowly. She wanted to give him a chance. On the other hand Laksh started to see Ragini’s good sides. Her straight forward talking. Calm but mature logical thoughts, responsible attitude respect towards elders and affection towards Youngers. From disliking each other they become neutral about each other and tried to judge by each other’s qualities. From complete strangers they started to know and understand each other. On the other hand, life of other couple haven’t changed a little bit they as usual met each other regular basis and spend quality time together. 

In the 3rd moth 1st time Laksh and Ragini met in a restaurant without parental supervision though Shaan and Swara accompanied them. They booked a table for four. Shaan shared his and lucky’s childhood stories and talk about him for Ragini to understand Laksh better. Ragini understood his tactics and smiled at his concern for his brother. She was impressed by Shaan. Swara tried to initiate conversation with Laksh. Laksh become less reckless and responsible in these days but still he slipped something which showed his don’t care attitude. When they were returning back Swara asked Shaan with little irritation “How much younger Laksh is than you?” Shaan replied with amusement “We are twins but technically I am 4 minutes younger than him.” Swara said “really. Don’t looks like that. You guys are hell and haven different” Shaan this time in serious tone said “Not at all we are quite similar. I am much mature responsible and compose because I have faced hardship of life but he didn’t. Give him little time and believe me he will not disappoint you.” She said “Hope so. Di started to like him”. 

End of that month all 3 brothers had to attain an informal business party. They asked permission to take Ragini and Swara with them. They got the permission and 5 of them went three. That night Lucky met one of his friends in the party who forced him to drink few pegs against his better judgment while Shaan and Adarsh were busy to take care of the girls and talk to their business associates. After sometimes Laksh came to them and asked Ragini to come with him and she followed to a corner. He wanted to tell her about his bonding with his family specially his brother Shaan. He wanted share his emotional turmoil with her but he being drunk done the damage. They were in the balcony he said “I wanted to tell you about me about my family. I had some casual time pass relationships in school and college but never a serious one. People think me as a freckle minded but I am not one. I never find anyone in school and after seeing Shaan and his past I never wanted one. I love my brothers and sister a lot. They are my everything I can do anything for them. I can move hell and haven for Shaan specially. I am generally reckless but when it comes to him I become the big brother. Can you handle these?” Ragini said “I understand your love for your sibling and cousins and know you are a good person at heart. You have some superficial image which you have to overcome” he was surprised by her understanding. He became more emotional as he was drunk. He went near Ragini hold her hand and say “I can do that, believe me I am trying to change myself for good.” At this point Ragini understood that he was drunk and she got panicked. She searched for Swara and others. She saw her at a distance and called in a panicked and scared voice “Swaraa” Swara was shocked to hear her sister’s panicked voice and ran towards her Shaan in her tow. When they reach near, they saw drunk Laksh was holding Ragini’s hands forcefully and trying to convince her something while an afraid Ragini was fighting to make her free from his grip. Laksh was trying to make Ragini convince to listen him but Swara misinterpreted his intension and thought he was trying to harm her sister. She was furious to the situation and tried to free her sister from him. Shaan knew that Lucky couldn’t harm anyone but he was disappointed he pulled Lucky from back and in his still hard voice said “leave her Lucky. You are hurting her.” Hearing Shann’s angry voice Lucky immediately left Ragini’s hands and Swara pulled her Di in her embrace who hugged her and cried. She demanded an answer from Laksh furiously “what were you trying to do with my Di?” he said “I just want her to listen me. I didn’t mean to harm her.” Swara said “oh is this a way to talk to a girl? Why should I believe you?” Shaan said “Swara I know my brother he can never take advantage of situation. He is telling truth. I trust him he just lost his mind for alcohol. I believe that he wanted to say something to Ragini” this time Ragini said her “yes he was talking about his thoughts family and initiative to change himself but as I find him drunk and he hold my hand I become scared.” Swara said “What a way to talk about these serious matters. Will you please arrange something for us? We want to go home.” Adarsh took drunk Laksh to home while Shaan gave the sisters lift to their home.

During the drive Ragini got hold of herself. Ragini’s and Shaan’s combined efforts pacify Swara. After they reach to their destination Ragini went home straight while swara had a conversation with Shaan. She asked him “Do you also drink?” He replied “Occasionally and socially but get drunk around only Ved, Adi and Lucky. I think you will not like to see drunk me.” She turned towards him and said “I will love to see you in every state as I know you would never do anything to hurt me at any condition. You love me too much for that.” He said “you really think lucky was going to hurt Ragini?” She said “I misunderstood his gesture. May be not intentionally but in that state he could hurt her. He didn’t have any feelings for my Di and my Di ha a phobia of Drank men. I am little bit protective about her. Am sorry I behaved that way.” They resolved their differences and hugged each other before bid goodbye.