Chapter 10

After Swara came back home that day she was very upset and worried for Shaan she waited whole day for his call but he never called. She knew she told a little bit too much which broke her friendship with him. She will miss him a lot but she had to do that for his good. Her band got a sudden offer of singing in out of the city and had to go for the whole team. Ragini noticed her sister's disturbed state and tried to talk and also recommended she go out to freshen her mind and scold her to talk with him so directly and roughly. The next morning she left Kolkata at 6 am with her band members. During the journey, her phone fell down and broke.

After talking to Sharmitha Sanskar tried to call her several times but every time gets the message "the number you dialed is either switched off or not reachable" he got frustrated and scared of losing her for his foolishness. In his desperation to meet her and apologize to her, he went to his university and came to know about her out-of-city trip. He became sad and started to bring things on the right track as she wished. 

He called his college friend Raunak who once tried to say those things about Kabita and apologized to him for his rude behavior towards him years before. He was surprised to get this call as well as an apology from Sanskar. Raunak readily forgave him and proposed for a reunion of their old friends which to his surprise Sanskar agreed. Then he called Luckily and asked to meet him. Sometime later both the brothers sat in a restaurant and planned for their sister Uttara's birthday which is the day after tomorrow. 

Meanwhile, both Sanskar and Swara missed each other a lot. Swara realized that she fell in love with her this special friend but there are lots of things about his past, his feelings, her own nightmares, fear and her demon of past. Sanskar felt restless and lonely and realized how much she means to him, and how much time they spend with each other and she became a part of his life like breathing. 

Sanskar and Laksh together planned Uttara's birthday in a banquet hall which will be attended by every family member and after 3 and half years he is going to take part so both the brothers were excited about the surprise. On the morning of her birthday, Uttara like every year called her Shaan Bhai but got his phone switched off. Her Lucky Bhai was also absent the whole day she was not much excited about celebrating her Birthday without her brothers like every year. In Adarsh Bhaiya's insist at the evening she reluctantly got ready and left for dinner with family. All of them went to the party venue and got surprised to see the party arrangements as only Adarsh knew about the plan. All her friends were present and she remembered her last birthday party with all her brothers 4 years back. Tears started to flow from her eyes by that memory. Adarsh came to her and wiped her tears. Suddenly lights went off and a spotlight fell at the door. Her Lucky Bhai was standing there. Then a song filled the entire room

"Phoolo ki taro ki sabki kehna hai

Ki hazaro me meri bahna hai

Sari umar humhe sang rahna hai"

Though Lucky's lips were moving but every member of Maheswari family except Pareenita was searching for another figure as they very well know who the owner of that melodious voice was. From behind Lucky Shaan came out and stand beside him. Uttara ran to him with a shouted "Shaan Bhai". 

She hugged him he affectionately hugged her back and say "Happy Birthday Choti" she smiled with tears in her eyes "it's my best Birthday Bhai. I am the happiest girl today all my three brothers are with me" all her three brothers hugged her at the same time and sang the song again but this time together. 

They carried her to the center of the room like her childhood and then cut the cake. Her brothers gifted her a slam book containing all their happy moments together along with other gifts. Two more eyes were also moist that evening. He talked to his parents and apologized to them for all his wrong actions which caused them pain. They hugged him and his mother asked him to come back home again when he feel good. He agreed to attain puja in his home the next day.

He met with his sister-in-law for the first time and treated her as an elder sister he asked forgiveness for her for being too late to meet her. Sanskar looked at a photo of Swara on his phone and talked with it in his mind "today I am getting this happiness for you, my family members are this much happy for you. Where are you I miss you. Please forgive me and come back to me". 

 At the party, he met with a friend of Uttara who is a fortune teller and she told him "love is coming into your life again you are getting a second chance in life to give you happiness, it's upon you if it will cross your way and go or stay in your life and make it beautiful. The choice will be yours". He laughed at her words his luck is not that good to happen. The day end for all Maheswaris on a very good note except Shaan who among all these missed Swara a lot and was scared of losing her.

The next day he went to his family home after all these years to attain a puja with Kaka. The whole family was very happy except Sujata who was worried about her son. She always knew that Sanskar is the most deserving among all and that's why his closeness with family seems problematic for her.

After Swara came back she came to know about Sanskar's repeated attempts to meet her or to talk to her. As her phone was not still functional she went to his office to meet him. He saw her from his cabin and went immediately to her canceling all his day's appointments and meetings. They went to the same place where they separated. The drive was silent. 

After they reached Shaan said, "I thought about your words a lot and discussed with a special one who is my doctor as well as aunty I realized you can get were right in maximum factors but you know not entirely." He told her about his discussions with Sharmitha she smiled and said "I never claimed I am always right. I am wrong sometimes but always ready to correct my fault." He then said "can you forgive me, please? I am sorry for behaving so rudely with you. Please forgive me I don't want to lose your friendship"

 she smiled and said "I was never upset with you so no need to apologize. You know there is a rule in friendship no thanks and no sorry." With astonishment he asked "then why did you let me leave this city? Why you kept your phone switched off?" she replied "I never left you. There was an important concert so I had to leave. And my phone broke down by stupid Keya so it was switched off."

 He was relieved by those words and suddenly pulled her for a hug she was shocked at first then hugged him back. She felt so right in his arms he was relaxed and his mind was at peace after 5 long days. She also felt good in his arms she thought it's once in a lifetime cherished moment for her. They spend the day together he told her about Uttara's birthday party and puja at home and the upcoming friend's reunion. She shared her experiences. 

On the way back it was raining and Swara went out of the car to drench herself in rain. She danced in rain. Shaan also got out following her. He couldn't take his eyes off her he was mesmerized by her angelic beauty in rain. Before he drop her home he gifted her a phone she protested but took it after a lot of arguments and complaining "stubborn man". 

After coming back Sanskar thought that everything is seeming so right and good after he get her back the same things felt wrong before that. The whole night he fought with his mind and the realization hit him that he fell in love with Swara. He fell head over hills for this angel who bring happiness back to his life. But he was unsure what she would think about him if she came to know a few days back he was marooning his ex-girlfriend and now within a few months fell for her. He thought against telling her and keeping her as his friend. For him getting her in any form was good than losing her altogether. 

 They spend the next day together also. Sunday she spend with her sister Ragini and updated her about the situation while Shaan spend with his college and IIM friends. After a long time He, Laksh. Ved and Aditya together spend boy's night with bears. They were really happy to see old Shaan back and thanked almighty for this. They advised him to shift back to his home. Lucky and Swara also told him the same as he was quite comfortable with family now. He decided to do it on his parents' anniversary which is on next week.