Chapter 32

Sujata clapped her hands and came forward. Ram Prasad was angry with her for showing this audacity. Adarsh and Uttara was also annoyed and angry with her for doing such a low thing with their beloved brother that was not a way to expose and try to humiliate someone. Their face showed their expression but they waited for proper moment to vent their anger on her in private as they didn’t want to create a scene in front of guests and elders but Sujata wasn’t in a mood to give up there.

She couldn’t take that everyone gave their blessings to Shaan and Swara’s relationship but never accepted her daughter for the same fault.

Ram Prasad stopped her advance towards Durga Prasad and Annaputna “Sujata you have created enough scene for today and cut our heads in front of guests and kids now please stop your drama and go back to room.”

Sujata looked at her husband and thought how can be this man become so much happy for his nephew when his own daughter was punished for the same thing what his nephew did and appreciated by everyone. He might be insensitive towards their first born but she is not and she need answer “Obviously I will go back to room but before that I wanted some answers from Bhaisahab and Jiji.”

Ram Prasad felt ashamed for his wife’s behavior “Sujat right now go back to your room we all can talk later we are here for a happy and auspicious reason. We are here to fixed marriage date for Laksh and Ragini. If you can’t be happy in our happiness then please go from here but don’t spoil it for us. Pandit ji will come at any moment and I don’t want any more drama.”

Sujata opened her mouth to say something but before that her husband continued “if you say one more word here then I will not leave with you and will file divorce.”

Durga Prasad saw the matters were going out of control so he intervenes “Sujata you go to your room we will talk later. You will get the chance to ask questions which you want to but not now.” Sujata looked at the atmosphere and left for her room. 

After half an hour Pandit Ji came and fixed a date for marriage after 1 month. Everyone was happy and shared sweets but in a corner of their heart all of them felt sorry for the incident took place few times ago.

Gadodias left after diner and Maheswar family become ready for another round of face off with Sujata. Durga Prasad called Annapurna, Ram Prasad and Sujata in his study. When everyone entered, he asked to close the door as he wanted their children to keep away from all this going on between elders.

He requested everyone to seat and then turned to Sujata “what answers you want??” Sujata again worked up “why there is different treatment between my daughter Nivedita and Shaan when they did the same thing? Why everyone is happy with his affair and accepted his relationship whole heartedly when no one want to hear name of my daughter?? Why this injustice?? Is it that he is son of this house and came back home after staying away when she is a daughter??”

Durga Prasad looked towards Sujata with wonder he never thought she has such feeling for this family and so much anger inside her for that event and then calmly started “that’s not at all and you knew it. We didn’t do any difference between son and daughter. Uttara enjoys same privileges like her brothers. That about their deed.

You know that previously when Shaan choose Kavita we didn’t approve and he left home we never accepted her.” Sujata didn’t give time to complete Durga Prasad his full thought “so what is different this time?”

Durga Prasad replied “the person with whom they are linked Sujata. We accepted and wanted Shaan back only when he was no more with Kavita. We disapproved his that relationship not because he loved her but because she was not right person for him and this family. If she was still with him then we haven’t accepted them though we would have fell so much pain but we couldn’t support wrong.

Swara on the other hand a very good person with a good upbringing we liked her previously infect long back when we came to know her, we thought already that we would try to convince Shaan to marry her after sometime that’s why we are happy for them. They are perfect for each other or you can say a match made in heaven couple.

On the other side Nivedita choose a wrong person as her life partner and against our wish eloped making our family ashamed. Do you really think I don’t know anything about her?

That man and that family both are not right. I know they even can’t take her responsibility and she has to work to take care of her husband’s increasing demands but still she didn’t understand her mistake or still she didn’t understand that the man married her for her property as he hoped we will accept them after marriage.”

Sujata becomes silent. Anapurna asked her “Don’t you liked Swara before you came to know about her relationship with Shaan?” before Sujata answer Ram Prasad said “leave it Bhabhi she still not like Parineeta also.”

Sujata again get raged “Yes I don’t like her you know why? Because she took the place of my Nivedita in everyone’s life. Nobody fills her absence except me. Yes, she is wrong but I am her mother I can’t see her suffer when all her siblings are having a life of rose petal covered path and someone else take the place of her in everyone’s life. You Jiji and Bhaisahab consider Parineeta as your elder daughter. Shaan, Lucky and Uttara consider her as elder sister that was place of my first born my daughter but everyone gave all her rights to Parineeta how can I accept that as a mother? You may be insensitive about your first-born child’s pain and throw her away after she did a mistake but how can I? I am her mother; I am her mother.”

Annapurna understand Sujata’s pain as she also suffered the same pain till 1 year back. She went towards Sujata and comforted her by taking her in a hug. 

Sujata’s misery wasn’t stopped there only next day Adarsh and Uttara came to her room and vented their frustration and anger for stealing Shaan and Swra’s pictures from Laksh’s laptop and displaying in public. She tried to give reason and talk about Nivedita but they brushed it. She understood there is no chance they will understand her or her pain and Shaan is much dearer and more important in their life than their elder sister Nivedita so she remained silent and felt sad for her first born.