Chapter 8

After he finished he looked at her again she was sitting silently there looking at him. He said "nothing to say?”

she answered "lots of things but thinking from where to start." he said "start from anything and say everything in your mind"

she hugged her knees and asked "should I  tell the truth or sympathetic words you want to listen?" he looked Shock and said one word "truth".

She said "I have doubt if you want to see my face from today or not but somebody should show you mirror and as a friend, I am doing this. If you become angry and upset you can shout on me but please think these later."

He said "why are you saying like this?  Do you think I was wrong?"

she answered "yes. You were wrong. You had some problems with your family and you left them this is not done yaar. You did exactly that. You thought about the girl you knew for 2 years but didn't think about your family of 22 years. Was it so easy for you to leave the place you called home?  The place where you grow up?  The place where you had so many memories with your brothers’ sisters’ mother father and other family members.

You never thought about your parents. How they must be felt.  A mother carries a child for 9 months nurtured it with her own flesh and blood, bear a lot of pain to bring a baby in this world did you ever thought about your mother?  A father devotes his whole life to give his children a better life you heard his scolding but ever you thought about the hidden concern for you? 

Did you thought what your sister must feel in Rakhi? Did you thought what they gone through all these years in your separation? Never. You only thought about your life your problems your grief not about those who loves you.

You think your family didn't support you but think the articles you sold to gather money were bought by your family. They allowed your brother to sell his belongings to give you financial support they allowed him to stay with you without any protest. If they were against you they didn't do that. Think about it"

He silently listened her. Her every word hammered in his brain. A lot of memory flashed in front of his eyes those happy moments with his family his mother's pleading, his father's helpless voice and silent wipes his uncle’s desperate tries to talk to him in business meetings.

His elder brother's continuous requests to meet him, secret rakhi ceremonies in temple every year and his sister's tears.  Her phone calls in her birthday. Lucky's sacrifices. His mother's happiness in his every success and his father's silent pride on him. Their teary calls in his every birthday.

He slowly said "your every words sound so right and my actions so wrong."

She said now in soft voice "you are a practical logical mature guy but that time you acted on impulse, immaturely without logic. You know if you realized your mistake you can rectify those also. Try to go back to your family. I believe they are waiting for you."

He smiled sadly "yes they are. They will be happy. But I need little time." She said "take your time to finish I mean finally shift back but start to take little steps such as occasionally go there attain family functions."

He said "I will do that. You are right. You are right at everything."

She then slowly but firmly said "I am going to tell you something I know that will not sound good to you." He told "try me". 

She then got up "She was not good for you."

He cut her off "how could you say that you don't even know her at all. You shouldn't comment on anyone you don't know"

she said "yes but I didn't comment on her I said neither she nor her family was good for you cause a true love never cause other's pain it bound to give happiness. If your love caused pain to so many people then it was not right in my view. If she was right for you, she didn't encourage you to leave your family your home but was there to fight with the whole world for you for your relationship.

You can deny but your dad was right she brainwashed you to get you in the easiest way. She separated you from your friends she monopolized you that's not love to snatch a person from his happiness his passion his close ones in true sense love is other name of giving happiness."

He was angry "I don't want to discuss anymore. I will give you lift to your university and I shall be busy for some days."

She said "you go to office and you really don't need to lie to me I shall not disturb you anymore. I can do my arrangements. You were not only Marwari Bengali couple you know my parents are also. They had to set up a separate household but they never cut each other from their families. We sisters were also allowed to mingle with both families and we grow up knowing both the tradition."

She then called one of her friend to pick her up. He went from there but waited till her friend come for her safety. After 5 minutes a guy came with a bike she climbed on the back seat and they left. As Sanskar saw her leaving with that guy he felt disturbed felt like she took some part of him and went off. He couldn't tolerate all those.