New places

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

{Miyo at the beginning of this chapter, is in his 1st year in middle school. So he's 12 years old in the beginning.

At the end he's three months
into his second year.
13 years old.}

Thoughts or emphasised words: 'look like this' (italics)

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Miyo's middle school uniform ^

The uniform
is grey and the
shirt underneath is white.
No tie or school crest.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

First day;

His classmates' stares go straight through Miyo as he enters the room. Most are familiar faces from elementary, but there's an odd new gaze. There's a boy in the back row with his head down on the desk.

'Is he asleep? No, his breathing is too controlled to be asleep, he's just trying to avoid talking to anyone it seems. Clever tactic.'

Miyo's eyes scan the room and find that the only free seat is beside the 'sleeping' boy. He hops over others' feet and bags that have been placed with the purpose of tripping him, he hears disapointed huffs as he passes desks without falling, and he slides into his new desk and takes a quick glance to the boy beside him.

His head is lying down on his arms, which are folded on the desk, his bag is shoved in underneath his chair between both of his feet looking to be stopping stray hands from getting at it. The uniform he's wearing looks baggy, it's too big for him, his pants show skin above his ankles so it's definitely not fitted for him.

Maybe he got it from an older sibling and his parents didn't have enough money to get a new one for his height? Actually, now that Miyo's seeing him closer, he can see scratch like marks on the sides of his face.Is that a habit he has? No, it doesn't look like nail scratches. Could it be from something he wears on his face? A mask? Or a muzzle? Why would he wear anything like that? Could it be for his quirk? Is it voice activated? Do his parents make him wear a muzzle over his quirk? That is something he has no choice but to get!

Rage starts to build up at the thought of someone else having such an unpleasant home life. Miyo has his mom by his side, so it's just Father for them, but this boy doesn't look like he has anyone to help him at home...

Maybe he can try to help him? Just try to keep him out of his house for an extra hour or two.

The bell for the lesson to begin sounds loudly, snapping Miyo out of his thoughts harshly and leaving a painful ringing in his ears. The teacher enters the classroom and stands up at his desk.