Eyes Through The Blinds

Jin is worrying excessively. He just saw Miyo on TV shield the whole crowd at the U. A. first years Sports Festival from a huge explosion and fire. It doesn't help that the camera's got the clip of Miyo collapsing into his teachers arms from over using his quirk. Jin wasn't even aware that the teen could make his ghosts that big.

Quit panicking you idiot. The brats fine, look at the screen.

He turns his eyes back to the TV. Miyo is walking out of the left side of the field, that pink skinned girl from earlier coming out at the opposite side.

They're allowing him to fight?! He looks like he's barely able to hold himself up on his feet! Shut up already! Your whining is doing my head in. We have the same head though...

The fight begins, Miyo runs forward and ducks below the girls arm-

..............

Nezu is tense, nervous, and on edge. He hardly experiences any human feelings, therefore this is unusual. His normally sleek and tidy fur has become disheveled and messy as a result of these feelings. It is increasing the animal's discomfort.

Takei Miyo. A student in young Aizawa's first year class, the representative even. The boy has managed to capture the media's eye in the most problematic way possible. That will cause issues in future for Nezu himself. Issues that Nezu doesn't need on his shoulders, especially after the break in at the beginning of the year.

The mammal sighs, and his paw comes up to rub his head. The media will focus intently on Takei and therefore will be focusing on U. A. as a whole; Nezu can use that. It merely depends on how Takei is seen by the press and how that affects the school. The boy has been basking in the attention since the beginning of the festival, but there might be some backlash over his quirk or history.

Nezu takes a sip from his tea, his fur settles down slightly, and his calculating eyes pick apart the screen in front of him, watching as Takei pins Ashido to the ground and the female struggles for approximately 7.3 seconds before calling out her surrender. Takei releases the female, and he makes, in Nezu's opinion, pointless comments on the girl's fighting skills. Midnight announces Takei the winner, and Ashido and he exit the arena together.

Nezu has a feeling that Takei will cause major issues in the future.

..............

Hawks is intrigued. That student in the third round has grabbed his attention. Takei Miyo... has impressive reflexes, a fast reaction time and a powerful quirk that he has most likely been looked down on for the majority of his life.

He's also after drawing a lot of attention to himself. Good eyes. Bad eyes. Helpful eyes. Informative eyes. Unwanted eyes. Nosy eyes. All other types of eyes.

Hawks will have to keep his own eyes on the boy, just in case. The teen has a bright enough future ahead of him. It would be a shame if the Commission got their grimy hands on him or his quirk.

Hawks doesn't want to witness someone else come out like himself, a shell of what he once was. It's not that difficult to spot, but Hawks has been trained to cover up anything and everything that has no importance to hero work. So no, Hawks doesn't want to see someone else like him.

Huffing as he stands from his seat, he looks at a roof across the road and at a large billboard that's showing live footage from the famous U. A. Sports Festival, now displaying a fight between the teen with engines on his calves and the bird headed student.

Tokoyami Fumikage? That's what the boy's name was-at least that's what Hawks can recall. The boy's quirk is impressive, to put it mildly. The boy himself could do with some fighting; he appears to rely too much on his quirk to do all the work. Hakws should send the little chick an internship offer; it would be interesting to see whether he could handle being a mentor or not.