Is That A Knife?! Mine Now!

Miyo's day has been going calmly and there has been little to no problems since they left the agency. Manual, Tenya and he were out on patrol for the first time together. The streets were calm, Miyo and Tenya only needed to put a stop to a handful of purse-snatchers and a few people who wanted autographs from Manual (and the odd few who recognised Miyo and Iida, which resulted in more autographs that left Miyo's wrists sore).

Manual had dragged both students into a restaurant around midday and they ate lunch together, their meal was interrupted every so often by fans or people who "disapproved of them relaxing and eating while they were meant to be protecting the innocent."

Miyo ended up holding Ao in a choke grip underneath the table as those people spoke, which gained him that stupid side eye from his mentor he's been getting since the man was forced back to the agency by Miran and Yuko. The look was driving Miyo crazy!

Around 6pm the sky was beginning to get dark and the streetlights were starting to come on. Manual pulls out his phone, looks at the time, and shoves the device back into his pocket.

"We should head back to the agency, then I can teach you boys about the joys of paperwork~"

The older man does jazz hands on the last word, Miyo groans at the mere mention of it, and Iida is too focused on their surroundings to give any feedback. Only a few more turns until they're back to the agency- Miyo's good evening goes down the drain in the shape of a hulking figure crashing into a building ahead of them, with a hero following soon afterwards.

His day was going fine. What type of person was he in his past life for all this to happen? He wants his bed already.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Everything is on fire. How is everything on fire? When did arson become a popular hobby? That's mine and Dabi's thing- Are those NOMU?! What- Tomura never mentioned anything based in Hosu!

"Tenya!- he disappeared? What the hell! Myst get over here and help me find Tenya and assist anyone to the best of your abilities! Use your quirk, you have my permission!" Manual yells out.

Both student and mentor survey the area in hopes of locating the other student, but turns up empty. The crowded street of panicked civilians and heroes evacuating said civilians to safer places makes it nearly impossible to find Iida. Manual vanishes into the river of terrified people without Miyo noticing.

Miyo creates ghost after ghost, sending them throughout the city, guiding hysterical people to safe areas, blocking chunks of buildings from falling on anyone from the nomu's and heroes fighting, and searching for Iida. His mind overflowing with noises, panicked faces of civilians, fire, and heaviness from using so many ghosts at the same time.

In the rush of it all Miyo, (obivously, cause why wouldn't he?) gets separated from Manual while he's controlling all of his ghosts. He's standing in the middle of a street with a nomu and a hero he doesn't recognise fighting up ahead of him. Ducking into an alley to dodge a chunk of rubble hurling through the air in his direction, he pulls his phone out of his pocket.

Miyo frantically selects the contact "Tenko" and listens impatiently for the other to answer.

Ring.. ring.. rin–

"What? Pipsqueak? Aren't you on your internship? Why are you—" Dabi is the one who answers the call.

"I DON'T KNOW! DO YOU WANT TO TELL ME WHY NOMU ARE DESTROYING HOSU!? THE CITY I'M INTERNING IN?! DUDE! SO NOT COOL! CALL THEM OFF OR SOMETHING! I DON'T FEEL LIKE BECOMING A SLAB OF MEAT ON THE STREET!"

There's a distressed noise on the other end, and Miyo ends the call before anything else can be said. An explosion goes off somewhere nearby, and Miyo tenses even further. Refocusing on his ghosts, Miyo finds Shouto watching Endeavor fight a nomu with wings and some sort of fire resistance quirk. Fire, ash, glass, and rubble break off from a building near Shouto and begin to fall towards him.