Theo

I have been searching for my mate for over seven years now. I had been connected to her ever since that coma I was in those many years ago. My wolf had just up and left me in the middle of a fight with rogues. Luckily they were weak, and I had many good fighters with me.

One lucky rogue got me good, and because my wolf left, I had to heal on my own. During that time, something strange happened to me, and I still haven't been able to figure out what happened. My wolf came back a few days later and healed me. It took me a while to forgive him for leaving like that, but he told me that the Goddess needed him, and he had no choice.

I was growing more and more restless in my search for my mate. My wolf has been keeping secrets from me, and I knew it. I knew she was in trouble. I could feel her pain. Almost every three months, I would feel the searing pain in my neck as if someone was trying to rip out my marking spot.

Over time, I learned that this pain came whenever my mate was forcefully marked. I knew that her true mate could only mark her unless the Goddess deemed this other man worthy and because it kept happening, I assumed it didn't work. I felt her pain every day, and it broke me that I could not find her to save her.

Because I knew she was being held against her will, I ensured that our pack did business in tracking and finding sex traffickers. I had started a business where we would send out security teams to find missing people. Because of this, my pack had grown to be the largest in the country. Not only were we helping the humans find sex traffickers, but there were other packs that ran a dark market and would kidnap pups to sell.

Any wolf we rescued was given a chance to go home or join my pack. Most chose to join mine because they were kidnapped nine times out of ten because of a pack member. Our pack now even included witches and a few vampires. It was not something I had ever thought would happen, but we had created a pack with a den of vampires, and now they worked with us.

My territory was spread out over four different states and even up into Canada. Each state had two packhouses because of the number of people I have in my pack now. Each house had a Beta and Gamma to help run them all. In total, I had ten pack houses and over 5,000 members. I had my own home/packhouse that kept our original pack and family. The witches in our pack had created portals to jump from one pack to the other easily.

Because of how fast we grew, it kept me busy enough that I could forget about the pain I felt every day from my mate. I felt her grow weaker every day, yet my wolf told me to keep holding on. Over the last few weeks, there has been no pain. It was beginning to worry me. I knew she was alive. I figured that if I could feel her pain from everything, I would surely know if she had died.

I was brought out of my depressing thoughts about my mate when my parents walked into my office. I must have been in trouble; they hardly ever came to the office to talk.

"Morning, son. How are you?" my father asked.

"Hi, my baby! Good to see you. It feels like it's been ages!" my mother said with a little too much enthusiasm.

"Morning to you both... What did I do this time?" I asked with little sarcasm.

"Oh, it's nothing like that. We just wanted to have a chat with you. That's all," my mother explained. I knew my parents better than anyone, and I knew that was not what they wanted.

"Son, we think it's high time you take a chosen mate. You can't function much longer without one. The packs need their Luna," my father was a blunt man.

One of the few things I liked about him was he just got to the point. I knew this was coming. They had been hinting at this for months now. I throw my head back and sigh out loud. I can't believe this.