7 Minutes of Heaven

*Theo*

I was actually nervous. I was worried now that Maggie would hate me. Wyatt had tried to mind link her but was hitting a block each time now. It took him a while to find that she had visited her mom and was back in the hospital wing. I decided to wait outside the wing to catch her before she went back to her room. I didn't want to lose a moment with her now.

The guilt was eating me away. I had a feeling I was going to learn some hard things about my mate, but I had to keep faith in the Moon Goddess that this was the right plan for me. There was a reason she paired me with Maggie.

She was so lost in thought that she didn't even see me when she walked out. Wyatt had stayed with me so he could help make this a more comfortable conversation for us. I stood up and walked to block her path, causing her to walk right into me.

"Maggie, I..." she didn't let me even finish before she cut me off.

"It's okay. I understand. I'll give you my full name so you can do the rejecting if you like," she said.

She looked so broken that my eyes welled up with tears for the hurt I knew I had caused.

"NO! No, Maggie! I don't want to reject you. I don't want you to reject me. Please, just listen to me for a minute. If after we talk you want to reject me, I'll understand," I was begging her.

I needed her to forgive me. I knew I was wrong.

"Maggie, we can go talk in my office. Theo has some explaining to do, and I'm sure you need to tell him a few things as well now," Wyatt said, guiding Maggie towards the hall.

"Okay, but it will have to be quick. Seth is watching the kids for me," Maggie said and quickly walked in front of us.

I couldn't help the little growl in my chest. Seth. I liked Seth, but if he tried to get in my way, I would kill him. Wyatt heard my growl and turned around with a smirk on his face. It made me want to punch him!

Dex: Serves you right, if she leaves us for him. If she does, I will find a way to never talk to you again!

Theo: Calm down man. I will find a way to fix this.

We got to Wyatt's office, and I was ready to do all the groveling I needed to win Maggie back. She caught me off guard when she whipped around and smacked me so hard across the face that it made me stumble back.

"What the hell?!" I shouted.

"Oh my Gosh! I'm so sorry! My wolf took over so fast I didn't have time to push her back," she said, reaching out to my face to cup the cheek she just hit.

It was hard to think about the pain on my face with the roar of laughter from Wyatt. He was kneeling over on his knees, laughing. I knew I deserved this from her, but geez!

Her hand on my face cooled down the sting but did little for my pride as Wyatt kept laughing.

"Guess I won't be needed after all," Wyatt said, standing up and trying to catch his breath.

"You are supposed to be helping me!" I whined in sarcasm.

Maggie's giggle broke the rest of the tension I was feeling. Her laugh was like a golden light filling up the room. I wanted to soak in it forever.

Dex: Pft! And you wanted to leave her...

Theo: Shut the fuck up!

"Okay, okay, let's settle down. You guys need to talk about things so you can move past this. Theo, I know how long you have been searching for Maggie, and Maggie, I know most of what you have been through. You both have this whole pack supporting you.