Whatever It Takes

*Cain*

It was only a matter of time before we had found Maggie and my kids. The spell took over once she unbound herself from me, and we tracked her down. I hadn't expected her to join a pack right away, so we had to form a plan before attacking. That damn witch is too impatient!!

There was so much riding on getting them back. I'll hand it to Maggie; she had good timing on her part. If she had waited a month more, then our plan would have already happened, and I wouldn't need her anymore. We needed a Blood Moon for this to work, and we were running out of time.

There was a crackle in the air; I didn't need to look up to see Demelza had appeared in my office. Her stench was unbearable.

"You are wasting time sitting here! We need to get out there and take them back! I have more than enough power to take them on," she yelled out.

"We should be taking them now before they have time to regroup!" she continued.

She has been getting on my nerves lately. The woman was well over 500, but her magic made her look in her 30s. When I met her seven years ago, she freed my mind in ways I never knew. However, I just find her annoying. Her plans better work; after all these years, I'm ready to be done with her. It was a pity we were connected in such a bizarre way.

"Silence, woman! Don't you think that I have thought about that already!? You dare complain about where we are after you decided to move too fast!?" I was fuming at her.

"Don't forget what I made you, young man!" she countered.

"Yes, and you need me more than I need you! Don't forget that!" I got up to leave.

I wasn't going to waste what little power I had to make her leave. I needed to visit Annabeth, I hated calling her Annie and only Alec would call her by that name. Maybe she could get rid of this headache for me. I always felt weak when I saw her. I knew it was because she's my mate. It wasn't a weakness that I would feel, but rather a break in my focus. There was a time when I felt that none of this mattered and I only needed her. When I came to my sense, I realized that I had been right all along. The mate bond did make us weak. I will never let anyone see that, though. Mates were really a curse from the Goddess.

"Say hello to my little pet," Demelza calls out after me.

I couldn't wait to kill this woman...

*Theo*

Last night was the best night of my life. We had gone to Maggie's apartment, and I was introduced to her kids. Sara was a little ball of fire and stomped on my foot for making her momma sad. We became better friends after Maggie explained to her that I had apologized.

On the other hand, Tilly instantly took to me, which I could tell, surprised Maggie. Tilly climbed up on my lap and never left. When she did, she would bring me her favorite toy or book and have me play with her. Sophie and Andrew came up with Conner at dinner time to gather everyone.

I could tell that Sophie was attached to Conner. I was sure if Conner hadn't seen Maggie, he would have stayed with Sophie forever. There was something about Conner that struck a chord with me. He felt familiar somehow, and I knew that loving him as my own son would never be a challenge.

Ashton met us for dinner and was so excited to meet Maggie that I was sure it scared Maggie off. However, Maggie was so happy to meet her, they ganged up on me right away. Ashton smacked the back of my head when Maggie told her what had happened. Those two would be trouble...

That night I slept peacefully with Maggie in my arms. I didn't even need to make love to her to feel that connection with her. When I got the chance to, I wanted our first time to be magical. I wanted her to have that special moment with me. I wanted her to feel loved in every way. Now I just had to plan it out. With all this mess going on, I would have to get creative.