Keep You

*Annabeth*

I sat there staring at Seth in shock. I'm not gonna lie the moment I saw him, my heart pounded. The guy was a God! There was just something about him that made my heart do funny things when he was around. His dark blue eyes held me captive for what seemed like an eternity. His loose clothes did nothing to hide the fact that this man was built like a tree.

Before Seth and Mike could argue about being my mates Maggie made us all come back to my room so we could talk there. I had never heard of anyone having more than one mate. Of course, we all knew a second chance mate was possible but never two at the same time!

I had known Mike my whole life. We have gotten really close in the last few years, and he has been my only friend. Part of my hopped that Mike would be my second chance mate. So many times, he would sept in and save me from some beating or new potion they wanted to try. Mike would sneak me food and, on many occasions, would bring my nieces to see me when they were still here. When Maggie was being tortured, they would usually send the kids to my room, and for most of the first year, I took care of Sara. It took me a long time to accept my fate as Cain's plaything. He mainly wanted me for sex, and there were even times I enjoyed it, which only made me feel crazy. I knew it was the mate bond, but the times that Alec came out were the times I loved the most.

Cain would talk about all his crazy plans for the future. He never marked me, which surprised me, but I was also grateful because of the many times he slept with other women or even Maggie, for that matter. That was the part that killed me the most. I knew that Alec and Cain really loved Maggie or, at one point, did. It was always about Maggie. Only Maggie could have his children, not that I really wanted one, but I knew that maybe he would have been a little nicer to me if I did have one. Perhaps I wouldn't have felt so alone.

That's when Mike saved me. He would notice that I was getting quiet and sad. There were even times that he stopped me from killing myself, which was a very low point for me. He helped me through a lot. I didn't dare give myself hope of being rescued or one day getting away. I figured that if Cain knew he would die, he would have killed me.

I never wanted to admit it, but I had fallen in love with Mike. He was so handsome, and even though he was on Alec's side for a long time, he never hurt me or anyone else. He always tried to get Alec to come back and fight Cain. He was the one to help others leave the pack and make sure they were safe. While Alec slowly lost his mind inside Cain, Mike was the one who took over as a true Alpha. Cain may have been called Alpha, but Mike took care of the pack in every way.

"Anna? Are you okay?" Seth asked, looking worried at me. I had been lost in my thoughts and must have missed them talking to me.

"I'm fine. I'm just trying to process this," I told him.

"Maybe we should leave you three to talk about this," Maggie said, moving to the door with Theo.

"If you are okay with us leaving?" Theo asked.

I could tell right away that Theo was a good guy. I knew that he would be amazing for Maggie and the kids. I just hoped he stayed a good man.

"No, I'm sure I'll be okay. I'll call Maggie if I need her," I told them, and they said their goodbyes leaving me alone with the two guys.

Mike was leaning against a wall; his expression was unreadable. He had on a tight-fitting shirt different from the one earlier today. His hands were shoved into his front pockets, and the jeans he had on were maybe a little too tight, but I was sure if he turned around, his ass would look fabulous in them.

Seth had pulled up a chair and sat it down close to me, but still, far enough away, I couldn't reach him. I felt this magnetic pull towards him, and it scared me yet was thrilling at the same time. The only thing that scared me more than Seth was that I could not smell either one of them. Lila, my wolf, has been gone for well over a year now. I had not been able to feel her or speak to her in such a long time. I was beginning to forget how it felt to have her in my head. I never told anyone because I was scared they would just kill me for being useless at that point. Not even Mike knew it.