The Darkness

Once Anna was in a deep sleep Mike and I both looked at each other. We both knew that we needed to talk about this. I have to admit I was worried she would have rejected me because she already knew Mike. I was so relieved when she said she wanted to keep us both. I never expected to share my mate with another man, but if this was my destiny, then so be it. Mike seemed like a good guy even though he was on the wrong side for a while. His actions had proven to be honorable.

It could prove a problem for us. I knew that I was meant to protect Maggie and Theo. Kadir and Areol were also meant to protect them, and we were to form a Guardianship to help protect our new King and Queen. This meant that I would have to go where ever they went now. Wyatt was even looking for a replacement for me. I had felt such a connection to Maggie, and now I wondered if it was because of her sister. I will always feel connected to Maggie, but now it's just the feeling of needing to protect her.

Anna is now and forever my first priority. The moment she rejected Cain or Alec, whoever he was, I instantly felt the pull toward her. I was worried I wouldn't make it out the door without saying or doing something stupid. I could feel her pain right away, and I wanted nothing more than to hold her and help her. I want to show her what love really is. I want to be the one to take all her horrible memories away and replace them with only good ones. Now I had to share that job with Mike...

"So, are we gonna talk about this?" Mike asked, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah," I sighed, leaning back in my chair.

"We need to figure out what to do. I am still the Beta to Alpha Wyatt, but I will need to be with our King and Queen now. If I remember correctly, you are the Beta to your pack, and now with your Alpha gone, you would become the next Alpha. We can not split ourselves with Anna like that," I told him.

He sat for a moment before he answered. "I don't want to be Alpha if it means I can't be with Anna all the time. Anna would never want to go back there after everything that has happened. If that means we are moving to wherever Maggie is, then so be it," Mike said and looked longly at Anna.

It was evident that he loved her. It was written clearly on his face. I envied the relationship they had already and knew that it was going to be harder for me to gain her trust. I was willing to do everything in my power to show her that I was a good man and deserving of her love like Mike.

"Look, man, I just want to say that this is not how I imagined things would go. I can't deny my feeling for Anna, and I really would have been brokenhearted if I wasn't her mate. I have come to care deeply for her. I know that you are a good guy, or Maggie wouldn't let you be around her. I want this to work out for us, so I will do whatever we need to do to make that happen," Mike confessed.

I was happy to hear him say that. I was worried that we would have to fight it out. If we can keep this up, our future looks bright.

*Maggie*

I was over the moon for Anna. I knew that Seth would treat her well, and Mike was clearly deeply in love with her. I just hoped they would take things slow for now. I was sure that Anna would have a hard time adjusting to having a new mate, let alone two!

Theo and I played on the floor with the kids, coloring and reading books. It was such a beautiful moment with them that it almost made me cry. This was our future. My children would have a wonderful dad and hopefully have more kids. After I had Conner, I knew that I never wanted more kids. Now that I am with Theo and know how good of a dad he is already, I want more kids.

Rose called and asked if we could come down and talk to them about something. After putting Tilly and Conner down for naps, Susan came over to watch over them, and Sara left to play with Jack and Tanner. When we got to the main floor, Rose, Olivia, Andrew, Areol, and Kadir were waiting for us.