Chapter 18 Getting back in the game

Around 10 am, after having breakfast, Shane had finally gone back to his partner's home. He didn't have a key, so he knocked on the door, almost immediately Ian came to open it, which made sense knowing he was done whit what he had to do. Yet what was out of the normal was how much he fidgeted whit his fingers. He'd fidget all the time when he was anxious. And dam, waking up whitout knowing where the older was, were did he went and Shane being unreachable thanks to leaving his phone at home, made him really anxious. Specially since he was fearing the worse. But seeing his boyfriend there, in one piece made him sigh of relief, before he jumped into the other's arms.

Ian: Thank yoba you're ok!- he said before pulling away- Where did you go?

Shane: Jas had a nightmare about me... So Marnie called and asked me to come over. And since I don't have a key I kinda got stuck out of the house.- he partially lied, not wanting to admit he was back to his old ways and thanks to the convenient story and the absence of the smell of alcohol, he got away whit it.

Ian: You could've told  me. You got me worried sick.

Shane: Sorry, I didn't want to make you mode anxious.

Ian: It's fine... Come in.- he said before turning his back on him and going inside, the other followed, closing behind him- I have a spare set of keys somewhere around the house... Just let me find where.- he said has he headed to the kitchen.

Shane: Hey, by the way... I'm going back to work tomorrow.- the smaller stopped, now looking back at him.

Ian: Are you sure? Cuz you know you can continue not working. It's fine. Your mental health is more important then that.

Shane: I know just... I'm going insane whitout anything to do. Besides I'd like to help you more. I know things are far from ideal.- the younger sighed.

Ian: You saw the notebook?... Listen, you're not a burden. If I really needed your help I'd ask it. It's fine running a bit low on money in the end of the winter. And really, the money that was in there wasn't the money we need to survive. It's just what I got saved up to buy seeds. Besides, I still have my own from certain produces.

Shane: I know, but I feel worthless not helping. So let me help.

Ian: Fine. But you're going to have to work on that in the future... And take it easy. I don't want you going back to drinking.- the older gulped, his heart sinking, he felt guilty.

Not again whit this... You're better then this Shane.

He thought, has if thinking that would stop him from feeling guilty. But he didn't want to seat there and think about it much, has the other came over handing him keys.

Ian: Found them!- he said smiling - By the way you could move your stuff to my room if you want.

Shane: Isn't it to sudden?

Ian: Shane, we've literally been sleeping together, it's not. Trust me...

Shane nodded, going upstairs to put the key whit his stuff, before moving his stuff to the other's bedroom. Should this feel like it's different? Like it's special? He questioned. It's true he has never moved in whit a boyfriend, so he didn't understand exactly what he should be feeling in that moment. If he should be feeling something at all. After he was done, him and Ian laid on the bed, wondering a bit before putting on a movie. Now this he knew what if meant. Ian was laying on top of him, snuggling up against him, so he decided to not bother him, figuring if he wanted something he'd ineciate it. Ian however was waiting for the other to make a move or maybe hint at something, but time passed and he figured he should stop thinking about it, it was clearly not going to happen. That was, until he felt the other's cold hands under his sweater, in his back. He almost jumped when he put them there, but they were quickly warmed up.