Chapter 24 Under the weather

Shane woke up, feeling a bit under the weather, he went to the beds bathroom, then taking a shower, afterwards getting dressed before going to eat. Ian was coming back from his morning routine to eat has well.

Ian: Morning love.- he said before kissing the other's cheek, has Shane was worried making breakfast- God you're hot!

Shane: Flirting? At this hour?

Ian: No you dumbass.- he said before putting his hand on his head- You're burning up.

Shane: I'm really catching a cold now? I have to work.- he sighed, the other getting some medication.

Ian: Here, this should help, but if it becomes to much, come back home alright?! I don't want you overworking yourself.

Shane: I won't... Now I really need to go. See you later.- he said before taking the meds and going to work.

The day went by awfully slowly and afterwards all his body was soar and he wanted to just lay down. Unfortunately, he knew Ian was at the saloon, so he walked there, almost dragging himself. When he got to the saloon he sat besides his partner, laying his head on the counter groaning. Ian stopped eating his pizza, whipping off his hands before petting the other's hair.

Ian: Are you alright darling?

Shane: I'm dead.

Ian: Have you ate something yet?- the other shook his head- Here have some of my pizza.- the other lifted his head before starting to eat- How are you feeling?

Shane: My head hurts... Everything hurts.

Ian: Maybe we should go home.- he said not realizing that the blue haired woman that sat besides the counter was listening to the conversation.

Emily: You two should go home?- she questioned, Ian's eyes widening before chuckling, looking away.

Ian: Oh you know, each go to our house...?- he sorta asked, he might be good at omitting facts and being mysterious but he sucked at lying.

Emily: Alright?... Gotta say you two look closer from what we seen right Gus?- the man nodded not looking away from what he was doing. Ian's hands were sweaty, his heart racing all because he wanted to respect the other's wishes. Sure Marnie knew but Shane had to be the one to break the news to Jas. She would be heartbroken if she found out any other way. Shane noticed the other's uneasiness, so he spoke up.

Shane: What now?! I can't have friends?!- he asked whit an annoyed tone, although he felt more inconvenienced then annoyed.

Emily: You can... Just found it weird. You've never been that close to me.

Shane: You think we're friends?- he asked bluntly, the woman seamed hurt by this, Ian noticing.

Ian: Sorry Emily, Shane's sick, he shouldn't even went to work and you know him, he gets in a bad mood when he's like this.

Emily: Actually I don't...- she said whit a sad tone - You're right Shane, I am not your friend. I wish I was but you wouldn't let me in.... Why did you even let this new person in town in?!- she asked, wanting a reason why they were friends.

Shane: He was there at my worse. Everyone left me, even Marnie and even when I pushed him away he stayed. He stayed whit me. And he saved my life multiple times. Even the time I was all by myself in the middle of the town during a blizzard. Something you and Gus sent me out there by myself.- silence filled the room, apparently all town was listening to it. Shane's eyes met whit Marnie's, who smiled at him. But besides it there was a heavy atmosphere, no one knew that Shane had almost died that day, neither less that in the time the farmer had entered the town he had not one, but multiple encounters whit death. People were judging Shane. Not in a negative light, but more in a reavaluating him. Was Shane a good person that was just misunderstood? That was what was in many peoples head. He was the town drunk and he was rude. That was their perception of Shane. But it was put into cause whit his rather calm and collected reaction. Everyone thought he had no reasons to be the way what he was but that response made them question everything. Now being the center of attention, Ian's breathing was shallow, he hated being in the spot light, but got snapped out of his bad thoughts by his lover.

Shane: You're right Ian we should go.... I think tomorrow I'm calling sick for work, I can barely move.- Ian smiled, noticing what he was doing, taking a deep breath.

Ian:Yeah right.. let's go.- he said before getting up, the other doing the same- Goodnight!- he said before leaving the saloon, both of them walking back to their house, once away form the plaza they spoke- Thanks for that.

Shane: Anything for you love...

Ian: You know they'll probably rummer about us right?

Shane: I don't care... Do you?- he asked taking the other's hand, interlocking their fingers.

Ian: I kinda do... They make me very, very anxious. Besides I don't know how to lie! I hope I can keep us a secret umtil you're ready to tell Jas.

Shane: You can... Besides, next weekend I'll tell her... Could you handle the rummers until there?- he asked resting his head on the other's shoulder's has the farmer opened the door.

Ian: I can... Hope the decision isn't rushed tho. I want you to be sure that's what you want. You can't really take it back you know?

Shane: I know. But I still want to do it.... But right now I really want to go to bed.- he said moving upstairs has the other locked the front door. Ian went upstairs, Shane was already in his pijamas, when he got there, whitout caring much, Ian changed has well, before going to lay besides the other, cuddling against him- Ian you're gonna get sick two if you do that.

Ian: A risk worth taking.

Shane: You dumbass.- he said chuckling has he hugged the other- Goodnight, love.

Ian: Night.

They held each other in a warm embrace, it was comfort. Shane was happy to have this kind of comfort in his life. He was happy he had the other in it.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter if so please comment your thoughts and vote.
Much love!!

-MissevilXD