Nascita

All was calm in the Rogers household.

Belle was in the completed nursey, just a few weeks away from her due date and the nesting stage of her pregnancy, fluttering back and forth with all of the clothes gifted to them from their friends. She enjoyed the quiet, with Steve in his office and Bucky and Ava out on a date.  She stared at the onesies that she received, a blue one that said Prince and a pink one that said Princess.  She sighed happily before folding them and setting them aside.

"A reason those are separate?" She turned to see Steve leaning in the doorway.

"For my maternity bag.  It's what they are wearing when we bring them home." She smiled up at her husband. "Always have a plan, Captain."

Steve snorted. He placed his arms on Belle's shoulders and duck down to be eye level with her. "Think you are cute, Mrs. Rogers?"

"I know I am, Mr. Rogers," she smirked at him before kissing the tip of his nose.

He leaned more to press a kiss to her lips and took in the room.  "It's looking good in here." He got behind Belle and wrapped his arms around her, leaving his hand on her belly.

Belle leaned into his warmth.  "It is.  I just wish we had a picture or something over the changing table.  I could have sworn that I picked something out, but I can't remember."

"About that."  Steve went back to the door and came back with a large flat package.  He left it on the changing table.  "I made something for the twins."

"Stevie, what do you mean?"

"Well, I know how much music makes your feel better.  A way to get all your extra emotions out, right?  Well, before, I used to draw or paint or sketch.  And I thought, maybe I could make something that would show off how happy I am for our babies."  He chewed his lip nervously as Belle approached the bench.

Two painting were wrapped.  It was a picture painting in watercolor, a bear looking out at the moon with his night cap on the other with the sun, the bear and a backpack.  Belle's lower lip wobbled.  "Stevie..."

"Do you like them love? I know they are kinda simple..." he was cut off when Belle pulled him down with a kiss.  When they pulled apart, Steve smiled.  "I guess you do like them."

"I love them amore mio.  Can you hand them up?"

"Sure.  Go sit and tell me if their straight."  Steve got a hammer and set up to hang them over the changing table. Belle smiled as she sat in one of the rocking chairs and watched her man go to work.  "You know, we haven't really talked names amore."

"Did you have any in mind?"  Steve mumbled with the nails in his mouth as he measures where to place the nails.

"I was thinking for our son, just the middle name, we could name him after my dad."  She chewed her lip, waiting for his reaction.

"Phil? Or Agent, as Tony liked to call him?" Steve smiled down at his wife.  "Sweet Pea, I think that's perfect.  Phillip. I like it."

"Yea?  Do you have any suggestions?  Like your dad's name maybe?"

Steve crinkled his nose.  "Joseph Phillip? No, that doesn't fit.  I like the initials though.  JP." He stopped for a second.  "James.  James Phillip."

Belle smiled.  "I love it.  James Phillip Rogers.  A good strong name for our boy."

Steve nailed in the first one and hung the moon, literally.  He got down and pressed a kiss on top of her head.  "I think it's perfect.  Now how about our princess?" He moved to hang the sun.