Chapter Thirty-Six

"You're poking my eye, Austin!" I squeal as I feel the eye-liner stick poke my eye.

Squinting, a laugh escapes my lips as I try my hardest to remain still. I feel his left hand grip my chin to steady me as his right hand holds the stick tightly.

"Well, if you stop moving, I could probably do this right!" He exclaims with a wide smile etched onto his lips.

"Just admit it, you suck at makeup," I say with a smile tainted on my red lips. With that, I see his mouth fall agape–clearly offended with my statement.

"I suck at makeup? Never. I'm actually a pro at this, you know? It's your fault," he exclaims as he tries once again, trying to paint a line over my right eye.

"Lord have mercy. We're never gonna make it to Tom's Halloween party if I let you keep trying!" I squeal as he pokes me again with the eye-liner wand.

"You're so difficult," he whispers as he focuses on my eye once again.

I watch the concentration forming on his eyebrows as they knit together. His eyes look directly at my face. I smile as I watch him focus so hard on this, my heart bursting with pride.

"Ow, you poked me again," I say as my eye squints as my mouth forms into an 'o'. As I see him roll his eyes as he smiles widely, a loud laugh escapes my lips once again. I just adored how much he tried to perfect his makeup skills.

"You're so difficult," he laughs with a shake of his head and folds his arms.

"It's not that difficult!" I exclaim as I throw my hands into the air. However, what takes me off guard is when I see Austin pounce onto me. "Wait, I'm sorry!" I squeal as he tickles me, earning a loud and long laugh from me.

"Take that back or I won't stop!" He exclaims as his fingers continue.

Laughing, it's definitely harder to move since I'm pregnant. So I do the only thing I could think of; laugh. "I'm sorry! It's so difficult! Makeup is hard!" I squeal as I try to push his hands away from me and admit my defeat.

《》

Ambling into Tom's mansion, it's absolutely stunning. With its ivory painted walls that ascend up three stories with staircases leading to them, I couldn't fathom the thought that this kind of thing actually exists.

So many decorations of family portraits and photos, as well as so many furniture that makes the house more beautiful. Even fake plants scatter around, just like Austin first had when I moved in.

People scatter around in their Halloween costumes consisting of skeletons, animals, vampires and much more. Even Austin and I are dressed up as Greeks as he wears a red and white toga while I wear a beautiful white dress with gold plastered all over my body.

"Lillith! Austin! Over here," Tom shouts over the loud music as he navigates through drunk people with drinks in their hands. "Glad you made it," he says.

I knew a few people here from set but not so many. But I'm glad I'm here with so many people, rather than being alone on this Halloween night.

Giving Austin and I a hug, I glance around once more. I couldn't even hear myself think with how loud the music is blaring in my ears. The 2000's music is playing, reminding me of my early teens that I listened to these songs.

"And can I get a fist bump from the twins? You're getting bigger everytime I see you, Lily," he smiles down as he fists bumps my stomach gently.

I smile as I nod. I definitely could agree with that. Everytime I stared at myself in the mirror, my stomach grew by an inch. I couldn't even fathom how crazy it was going to be when these babies popped out. I wasn't even ready for that either. I'm scared senseless.