Chapter 18 - Sports Festival part 4

After the small reunion the group goes to an isolated point in the stadium, they could still hear the people cheering but they knew no one would come unannounced, it was a comfortable silence but her uncle decides to break it.

"Apologies for appearing without any previous warning but I knew that you would have wanted to be away for such... 'festivities'.", her uncle says in his analytical tone while adjusting his glasses.

"It's fine, really, I just didn't imagined that All Might...", Ahmya flinches a bit because of the uberheroes sneers, "Please can you all control your bitterness? You're going to give me a headache...", she says while massaging her temples with Charibasa trying to distract her from the pain.

The others, except her uncle, looked at her confused because they didn't knew with who she was talking with, her uncle decide to change the topic before it ends with Ahmya having a headache because of certain voices.

"Anyway, I believe that some explanations are in order, I did bring more people than intended after all.", he says looking at his group.

"There's nothing wrong with wanting to visit another country.", says the bard.

"Orpheus, you know that's not the problem.", he says and points to the dark warrior, "I don't have problems with Maurus because I'm sure he was dragged into it.", then points to the brown witch, "Laura only came because she is friends with my sister for some reason."

"Can you blame a woman for wanting to visit an old friend?", says Laura giggling a bit.

"That and because you want a break from teaching.", he points out and she rubs behind her head in a sheepish manner, "The biggest problem here is Markus or 'our personal trouble magnet'.", he points to the paladin.

"Not fair, Hesperos! It was only once!", the mentioned person says indignant.

"'Once' two days ago.", her uncle dryly points out, "Do want to mention what happened last week too?"

"I already said sorry, what more you want?", he says exasperated before it escalates to a full discussion between the two making everyone sweatdrop.

"What happened last week?", Ahmya whisper-ask to the bard, "Orpheus, please try harder on remembering names.", she hears Yarida say.

"It's a long story but it involves him dragging us to a trap.", he answers also whispering, "And believe me, this is a daily thing between them.", and points to the two, she can see that her uncle is about to strangle the other so she decides to change topics again.

"While it would be nice to see uncle throttling someone, I don't think here is the place for it.", she says out loud getting the attention.

"Yeah, you're right Hoshino-san, should we go back and watch the others killing each other for a gold painted medal?", says Void which causes a bit of heavy atmosphere.

"You really scare me with how you see the world sometimes...", comments Hayao petting the centipede-scarf.

"You and me both.", Ahmya hears Grenburr say.

"Ignoring the last part, she is kind of right, the school will not let us leave until the event is over, so the only thing we can do now is watch.", says Ahmya petting Charibasa in her arms, she could hear a small squeal from the woman, "Laura, sheesh...", she hears Yarida again, "We surely got a bit sidetracked here and I still need to get a snack...", she says and proceeds to leave.

Her uncle just shakes his head while shrugging and then follows her, the others just decided to follow since they don't have much choice on what to do yet.

✂----------------------------------------------------------------

"... To the boy who placed 1st in the preliminaries. Go ten million points!", it was what the group heard after reaching the crowd to find a place to sit, which causes Ahmya to spit her strawberry milk and then begin to cough, Orpheus tries to help and he swears that he heard her mumbling "You made me waste food, I hope you're all proud of yourselves.", which made him sweatdrop.

While at it, Ahmya could hear all the uberheroes laughing at Midoriya's luck.

"Karma really does have a sense of humor, eh?", says Yarida.

"Well, it wasn't for the lack of warning!", says Tondenga.

Ahmya could hear another round of laugh and sighs.

"Wait, isn't the guy you told me that stalked you because of your quirk?", asks Hayao which made the group a bit more alert.

"Stalker?", Laura asks in a soft voice laced with worry.

"Izuku Midoriya, currently hero student but I know him from elementary and middle school, he was believed to be quirkless until the entrance exams, have an unhealthy obsession with quirks, writing everything he can find on notebooks against the other's will.", she says in a dry tone, "I never talked about my quirk outside of family but this never stopped him from wanting to know what he shouldn't and push his delusional hero propaganda when he figured that it was 'powerful'."

This causes an uncomfortable silence in the group; they decide to not push for more info since it's obvious that Ahmya doesn't want to talk about it.

"Let's just find our seats.", Ahmya says after some moments of silence.

"You just want the front row.", says Bowmunk.

"Like YOU don't want to watch it too.", she throws back.

With it they manage to find a place to "appreciate the show", though Ahmya wonders why Void began to sneer at the group Midoriya made.

Second round about to begin, time to enjoy kids beating each other...