Chapter 42 - It was supposed to be a good day

Even though she is still bitter about the dorms issue, Ahmya is now in front of UA, Void called saying that she had something to show her and Hayao.

"Did she tell you what she wanted to show us?", asked Hayao.

"No, I only received a message saying 'I have something interesting to show you, come tomorrow in the morning'.", she says and Hayao hums in response.

They didn't needed to wait longer because Void arrived while holding a pet carrier.

"Morning you two.", she says.

"Yeah, morning, why you're holding it?", says Ahmya pointing to the pet carrier.

"I'm curious too, did you get a pet or something?", says Hayao.

"Oh, this?", Void then puts the carrier in the ground and open the little door, a white cat with green eyes and a fluffy tail exits cautiously while sniffing around the new area.

"A cat? This is what you wanted to show us?", asks Ahmya.

"Yes and no, she is part of the surprise.", Void then takes the cat and hold it on her arms, "This is Nana, she is a gift from my father, he sent her to me because looks like she is a quirked animal and because she managed to destroy a city while running in a cat wheel...", she says sweatdropping at the last part.

"I'm not going to ask what this meant...", says Ahmya sweatdropping too.

"How a cat destroys a city?", says Yarida.

"You said she have a quirk, do you have any idea what it is?", asks Hayao.

"Not sure, father said something about reality bending or something.", says Void while scratching the cat's head.

"It's like your mother's quirk.", says Pingrek.

"I noticed it too.", answers Ahmya.

"It isn't dangerous for her to be with you? You said that the void was toxic.", says Hayao.

"I thought so too but look.", Void puts the cat on her shoulder and she enters on her liquid void hair and the cat's head pops up on Void's other shoulder, Void then takes her out showing a clean white fur, "For some reason she isn't affected by it."

"While we are at it, what was the thing you wanted to show us?", says Ahmya.

"Oh right, just follow me.", she puts the cat back on the carrier and enters with the two following her.

✂----------------------------------------------------------------

Now the trio is in front of the development studio of the support class, until they heard an explosion and look inside seeing Powerloader along Hatsume, Void sneers a bit.

"Void-san, did you need something?", says Powerloader.

"Don't worry sensei, I only want to show my friends my personal project, it's Hatsume-san destroying things again?", says Void.

"Nothing that we aren't used already.", he says sighing, "Just don't mess with the equipment or trying to strangle Hatsume-san."

"Sure, no promises on strangling Hatsume though.", says Void

The trio then goes to a corner in the room where there was a blueprint and something covered in a blanket, Void then puts the pet carrier down and takes off the blanket showing something akin to a robot's body.

"What is this?", asks Hayao.

"This my friends, is the beginning of giving my shades real bodies.", when she says it a shade leaves her hair and begins to circle the robot, "I'm naming it 'vessel' since it's supposed to be the vessels of my shades."

"Not bad.", comments Cannogabang.

"Do you plan on showing it on the school festival?", asks Ahmya.

"Not really, the reason I entered this school was because I needed materials and supplies to build it without looking suspicious, I don't want to help heroes, I just want to give bodies to my shades.", she says.

"Bold of you to say it here.", comments Hayao.

"Like I told a lot of times before, I'm the daughter of a crime lord, what you hoped for?", she says.

"While we are at it, can we go eat something? We are taking a long time here.", says Ahmya.

"Sure, let me just cover it before we...", before Void could finish a loud explosion happens and covers the entire place with smoke.

Another of Hatsume's invention exploded and she was thrown outside, while Powerloader was complaining Void used one of her void hair tendrils to take Hatsume and strangle her.

"What.the.hell.you.think.you're.doing?!", Void says in a low threatening manner.

"Your cat.", says Hayao.

Void eyes widen and she throws Hatsume away and runs into the studio again.

"The baby is fine.", she gets out while holding the cat.

"You speak like you weren't about to commit murder.", says Ahmya amusedly while she can hear some of the uberheroes laugh.

"H-Hoshino-san.", she hears and see Midoriya, any trace of amusement is gone of her face.

"Midoriya-san.", Ahmya greets seriously and everyone can feel the tension.

"I...", he tries to say something but Ahmya just raises a hand in a stop gesture.

"Look, I don't know what's your obsession with trying to prove that I'm wrong but I'm just trying to show you how reality works.", she shrugs, "Now if you prefer to live in your fantasies where heroes save everyone and no one dies and such, just know that in the first tension you will break and when it happens don't come to me crying saying that I was right."

She turns her back and walks away but after some steps she stops and looks back.

"Before I forget, can you warn Piñata Boom Boom that his days of being a hero are on countdown?", she says and smiles when she sees him paling with a look of horror.

She leaves followed by Hayao and Void after she covers her robot and gets the pet carrier.

"So, did you heard about that cat café near here?", says Void.

"Sure, we don't have much to do anyway.", says Ahmya.

The trio didn't notice a girl with long brown hair looking at them while they walked in the corridor.

Counting... Counting...