Chapter 21 - Sports Festival part 7

With the recreational games over, it's time for the 1v1 matches, Ahmya decided to put a bit of attention on it since it was Midoriya against her delusional classmate going first.

[Izuku Midoriya vs Hitoshi Shinsou]

"This seriously looks like the obligatory arena fight in shounen mangas...", she thinks absently.

"Now that you mention it...", says Cannassault.

"Looks like our 'I will go to the hero course' classmate is going first.", comments Hayao.

"What's his quirk?", she hears Markus ask.

"He can control anyone he wants if they answer him verbally.", she says without missing a beat, "He tried to use it on me at the beginning, that's the reason I punched him."

"Still the best punch I've seen.", says Void.

"Whatever.", she says.

After explaining the rules, the fight starts.

"Wait, is Shinsou trying to look menacing?", says Yumiyacha.

"I've seen more menacing looks on kittens...", she murmurs absently and didn't notice the group laughing at her comment.

"Oh great, he fell for it?", says Hayao exasperated with Midoriya already managing to be controlled by Shinsou.

They all could feel the tension when Shinsou orders Midoriya to step out and he complies walking slowly, until something weird happens: his quirk activates making him stop.

"Wait, how?", says Hayao, "Only outside influences can break it from what I've seen so far."

"No one can activate other people's quirk except if they have some kind of boost quirk or something.", says Laura.

"There is a way...", says Ahmya gravely and her uncle understands.

"You don't mean...", he tries to say.

"Yes, looks like this quirk have its own mind...", she says.

"So, he is like you in a way?", asks Pingrek.

"What you're insinuating doesn't make sense!", says Markus.

"It's does and she knows what she is talking about.", says her uncle seriously.

"Twenty-one voices in your head do this to you.", she says and the other were silent like they pondering on what she said, she decides to ignore them and pay attention to the fight.

"'Blessed' he says, I wonder how he would react if finding out that Midoriya got his quirk literally now.", says Charibasa.

"Well, I told him that his jealousy would put him in a bad situation someday.", she answers.

The fight ended fast with Midoriya throwing Shinsou out of the bounds, she sees her classmates cheering for Shinsou when he is about to leave.

"'Star of hope', eh?", she says.

"You could have stepped on everyone there if you wanted to.", says her uncle which makes the group curious.

"I'm happy where I am so no thank you.", she says while playing with a strand of hair.

[Shouto Todoroki vs Hanta Sero]

The fight was too fast with Todoroki literally almost freezing half of the stadium, Ahmya had "Antifreeze" activated just in case.

"And he says he was just pissed of...", says Yarida.

"Pingrek can do worse when he is only upset.", she says.

"A bit overkill...", she hears Void comment and the others agreeing.

[Tenya Iida vs Mei Hatsume]

The first thing the group noticed is how Void became tense and it got worse with how the fight, if it even could have been called one, progresses with Hatsume using her opponent to show off her products.

"Just give me a minute, I need to get that girl and make her apologize for the inconvenience she caused.", Void says while leaving her seat with her hair dripping hard.

"Better go after her or she will make void leak from the walls again.", says Ahmya going after her.

"I'm going with you.", says the dark warrior quietly, which got the attention of his companions.

"Ok.", she says and both leave.

✂----------------------------------------------------------------

"What a great day! Finally my babies will be acknowledged!", says Hatsume animatedly.

"Maybe, but first you will apologize for your shenanigans!", says Void behind her with her arms crossed and menacing aura, her hair is moving wildly like tendrils.

Hatsume sweats nervously while looking sheepish.

"What the hell was that!? Using another person to promote yourself, you're that desperate for attention?", Hatsume tries to answer but she cuts her, "You know, forget it. You are coming with me now, we will find the guy from your match and you will apologize, you hear me?"

"Aaaand the walls are leaking void again, it's UA problem now.", says Ahmya arriving along with Maurus.

Awkward silence...

✂----------------------------------------------------------------

After some time walking and asking for directions they found said person on 1-A waiting room along Midoriya and a girl.

"I hope we aren't intruding but someone needs to say something.", says Void pushing Hatsume to the room and gives her a glare.

"I want to apologize for tricking you into using my babies and using you to show them off.", says Hatsume pouting.

"While I can't accept this misconduct to a fellow classmate, I can understand that everyone here is showing their mighty on what they can.", he says while looking so rigid.

"Look, we are fine now, sooo, can I go?", asks Hatsume to Void.

"Leave.", she says and Hatsume runs, she sighs, "Look, I apologize for her behavior, believe me I will be the only person who will apologize because the others enable her."

"Void-san, are you finished?", Ahmya appears at the door and her gaze becomes serious when she sees Midoriya.

"H-Hoshino-san? What you're doing h-here?", Midoriya says nervously and notices the dark warrior behind her, "W-wai! Is he one of the international heroes I heard about?", he is about to act like a fanboy.

"Don't Midoriya, remember what we talked about.", Ahmya cuts him and he flinches, "Let's go Void-san, we surely lost some of the matches.", and leaves

Void only gives a small bow and follows them until they reach their seats.

"Solved the issue?", asks Hayao.

"Void-san managed to do what she wanted to do, UA will need to clean the walls though...", she says and the others laugh, "Did we miss something?"

"Not much, I don't know how people likes it, it's so boring!", complains Markus.

"While I don't agree with the wording, he is right, why there's the need of putting children to beat each other in national tv?", says Laura.

"Propaganda.", says Ahmya, "They just want to show what the 'new generation of heroes'...", makes air quotes, "...they are producing are made of."

"Oh? Isn't the girl we saw some minutes ago?", says Void pointing to the girl arriving the arena.

"And Bakugou too... I have a bad feeling about this...", she says.

Maybe things will work out, maybe not...