Chapter 48 - Before the new semester

After pilling the last box Ahmya gives a relieved sigh.

"Finally done.", she comments.

"Not much boxes than I thought.", says Destrobo.

"I'm going to a dorm to spend my school years, not to live there permanently.", she answers.

Ahmya just finished packing up her things for when she moves to the dorms, she is still bitter about it. While she was contemplating who she was going to kill and hide the body, she hears a notification on her notebook and turns to see an invite to a group video chat, she accepts.

"Good night.", she hears Octavia says and sees Hayao and Hinamori on the chat too.

"Did something happen?", she asks and sees Octavia put Nana on her lap.

"Nothing much, just Hinamori-san still bitter about that hero student.", says Hayao.

"It's not my fault that he didn't knew when to shut up.", says Hinamori crossing her arms.

"Believe, it's not the first time he is like that.", says Ahmya.

"Oh right, you had to deal with him and the blonde bomb before UA right?", asks Octavia.

"Yeah...", she just shrugs, "Midoriya is really obsessed with quirks but doesn't notice that his need to write everything is borderline to stalking.", she says sneering.

"How bad it was?", asks Hayao.

"After I punched Piñata Boom Boom in the face, he became more interested in knowing what wasn't his business, things escalated when I found out about the notebooks...", she says, "Don't feel like explaining the full story but know that it ended with a ripped page and me warning him to leave me alone.", she shakes her head.

"Wish I could have done more...", comments Hinamori bitterly.

"Just like Octavia, the last thing you needed to be known as 'the upperclassman that plummeted a hero student to the ground', so yeah, we had to stop you.", says Ahmya pointedly.

"Are you finished with packing?", asks Hayao changing the subject.

"Just finished, are our classmates noisy?", she says.

"There's a high chance of them wanting to see your bedroom if that's what you're asking.", he answers.

She sighs and says her goodbyes to her friends and then leaves to the kitchen to get some water before going to bed, when passing on the living room she sees her mother talking to her uncle through video chat.

"... so yeah, a lot of hero students ended in a coma and there's three in critical condition, the Commission is doing everything to cover it as an accident, after all how to explain that a random girl took out a lot of trained hero students?", her mother gives a one shoulder shrug.

She decides to not interrupt and goes straight to the kitchen and goes back to her bedroom to sleep because she have a feeling that the next day will be exhausting.

✂----------------------------------------------------------------

After bringing her things to the dorm, dealing with noisy classmates and deciding to organize things at night because she doesn't feel like dealing with her classmates. Currently she is with her friends in a park, she doesn't feel like dealing with people today so her friends are quiet at the moment.

"Hoshino-san.", she hears a voice from someone who was the last person she wanted to see, she releases a heavy sigh.

"What you want Midoriya? It's so hard for you to leave me alone?", she says with a dark look and her friends tense up.

"Hoshino-san, I want to understand... Why you're like that?", he asks.

"What you mean with it?", she says darkly.

"You're smart, have a powerful quirk and even passed on first place on UA...", he rambles.

"Go straight to the point! Flattery will get you nowhere.", she says seriously and he takes a breath.

"Right, I want to know why you hate heroes but still acts like a hero! You say that you isn't a hero but you helped a lot of people too!", he says, "Why you keep your quirk so secretive?"

Ahmya just sighs exasperatedly and then looks serious, "One: all my actions had a logic reason behind them; two: I don't get why you think that I owe you any explanations even though it's not your business, and three: you're the most hypocrite person I met on my life."

"W-what? Hypocrite?", he says feeling dread.

"You are indeed a hypocrite.", she says with a dark look, "Before when you were 'quirkless' you suffered bullying and knew how the power hierarchy worked, you knew that you had no chances of being a hero but instead of accepting it and thinking about other alternatives, you just deluded yourself on only being a hero. By the way, you thinking that hero was the only job that mattered is quite rude you know? Before quirks, the police, firefighters and doctors where heroes because they put their lives on risk or never gave up trying, they were called heroes because they focused on saving or protecting lives not because of some glamorous job. So yeah, the meaning of being a hero was lost after it became a job."

"But Hoshino-san...", he tries to say but Ahmya walks away.

So much for trying to enjoy the day....