Chapter 9 - Six months in and meeting the parents

OLIVER POV

Jesus. 6 months at LAMDA already. 6 months knowing Joe and Lucy. Almost 5 months of having a girlfriend who I knew wanted to be with me because she cared. And not for who my parents were. Speaking of which. We were finally at the meeting the parents stage. My parents had been nagging me non stop to meet her. And I'm pretty sure she was copping the same from her own.

She'd met my brother David quite a few times, the nights that she stayed over. I was yet to meet her brother Ben but was meeting him and their parents tonight over dinner in her flat. Nikki would be working. I think she'd taken an extra shift to give us some privacy.

Lucy was so calm and so chill about the whole thing. I was a nervous wreck! "How are you so calm?! I'm meeting your parents and your brother! Your dad and Ben are going to leave me in a shallow grave somewhere!" "Oh Jesus Christ Oliver! You know you're going to get dux of the college at LAMDA because you're the biggest drama Queen on the planet!" "Wait you really think so? Thank you sweetheart!" Then I planted a kiss on her mouth as she rolled her eyes.

Lucy looked at the clock and said "they'll be here in 5. I'm going to put the Yorkies in the oven". She was making a good old roast which was apparently her brother Bens favourite. And she supposedly did the best Yorkshire puds in London. I heard the buzzer go for the front door and I instantly felt nauseous. Lucy walked to me before answering the door. She cupped my face in her hands slightly smushing my cheeks. "You're ok Olls. My family won't kill you I promise you." She gave me a quick peck on the lips and then went to the door buzzer to let her family in.

Pretty soon we heard footsteps and voices coming up the stairs. Lucy opened the door to the apartment and there stood her family.

LUCY POV

"Mum! Dad! Benji!" She pulled her family in for a quick group hug as I stood slightly back behind her. Her mum looked at me over her shoulder and smiled. That's Lucy's smile! The exact same one! Lucy let her family go and said "Mum, dad, Ben. This is Oliver. Ollie this is my family. This is my mum Louisa, my dad Bill and my big brother Ben."

They all shook hands and exchanged pleasantries before Ollie stepped forward to take their coats and take a bottle of wine from my dad. "Ollie could you maybe get drinks while I check on dinner please?" Mum, dad and Ben made themselves comfortable on the couch, Ben made a beeline for Thing, whilst Ollie entered the kitchen with me, pouring beer for dad, Ben and himself, then poured a wine for mum and myself.

He took the drinks through to the loungeroom as I began to make the gravy for the roast. I heard the three boys start to talk about classic cars, dad being a mechanic, Ben being a hooligan and Ollie appreciating nice cars. Mum entered the kitchen holding her wine before hissing in my ear. "Lucy Charlotte Harris!" "What?!" "You didn't tell me you knew Oliver Blake let alone dating him!"

I rolled my eyes. "Ma don't. He didn't even tell Joe and I who his parents were. We found out accidentally from a news article I saw on Instagram. He's really working hard to make it on his own and doesn't want to just be known as a Blake." "I was just surprised that's all! Have you met his dad yet? He's such a dish!" I snorted at her as I stirred the gravy. "No not yet. Meeting them next weekend. I've met his brother David though. They live together."

Mum and I continued chatting, we could hear the conversation constantly flowing in the loungeroom punctuated regularly with laughter so knew the boys were all getting along. Ollie entered the kitchen behind my mum. "Sweetheart you need some help?" I smiled up at him. "No I'm plating up now. Maybe refresh everyone's drinks?" Ollie topped up my mums wine and the boys beers before returning to the kitchen to escort my mum to her seat.

"Foods up! Come to the table!" I yelled out from the kitchen. Ollie grabbed two plates and I balance three on my arms and placed them on the table, before returning to the kitchen for my wine glass and the gravy boat which I passed around the table before pouring some over my own food.