Chapter 59 - We have something to tell you all

LUCY POV

I woke up the next morning feeling like I was being watched. I was lying on my stomach, the blankets covered me from the waist down. My eyes fluttered open to see a certain pair of dark brown eyes staring into mine. Joes smile grew wide as soon as I looked at him lying on his back with his head turned towards me.

"Good morning darling." I smiled back at him. "Good morning Joe." He pushed some hair away from my face before leaning down and kissing me. I hummed against his lips in satisfaction. He pulled away, cupping my cheek in his hand. "Last night was....I can't even describe it Luce." I smiled up at him. "It was pretty magical wasn't it?"

We lay there for a while exchanging more kisses, holding each other close and basking in each others glow. We heard a tap at the front door and then a voice called out. "Hello? Lucy? Joe?" We both sat bolt upright when we heard Richard and Sarah's voices. "Shit! Joseph!" We looked at each in horror before scrambling out of bed. I tiptoe ran down to my own room whispering "stall her! Stall her!" As Joe struggled to pull on a pair of sweatpants and a T-shirt.

I heard the back door slide open, they must have thought we were outside so I took the opportunity to bolt to my own room and grab the first thing I saw pulling it over my head along with a pair of pyjama bottoms. Shit shit shit! Why of all mornings did she choose today to drop in?!

I could hear Joseph, Richard and Sarah's voices from downstairs so took a moment to catch my breath and check my reflection in the mirror. No hickeys good. I looked down the front of my hoodie. Ok no VISIBLE hickeys. Joseph Quinn are you 16?!

I quickly brushed my hair and pulled it in to a somewhat neatish ponytail before heading downstairs. "There she is! Morning sweetheart!" "Morning guys! What brings you here?" "Well we were going to offer to take Billy for a day and give you an opportunity to have a relaxing baby free day. But Joe tells us he stayed the night at Nikki's." "Yeah she had the idea before you I'm sorry. I had a baby free night." "Oh what did you get up to?"

Fuck.

I exchanged a quick panicked glance with Joe before saying "nothing really. Watched a movie and had some wine. Did a face pack." "Oh nice" Richard said. "Glad you had some you time. You deserve it. Well we'll get out of your hair and let you enjoy your peace while you can."

They gave us both a quick kiss and a hug before making their way towards the door. I looked at Joe in guilt. His expression mirroring mine. "Joe I can't lie to them." "I know darling." I stuck my head in to the hall and called out to them just as they got to the door. "Guys wait. Come back for a minute."

They looked at each other briefly before heading back down the hall to the kitchen where we all took a seat. "Sarah, Richard. I lied to you. I didn't stay in last night. I went on a date." Richards eyes grew wide and Sarah simply smirked at me before looking at Joe. "Oh really? And who is the lucky guy" she asked.

Fuck she knows too?!

I glanced sideways at Joe before taking a deep breath. "With Joe" I said quietly. Richard gasped and Sarah shot up saying "I knew it!" Richard looked at her and said "what?!" I looked down, unable to make eye contact with either of them, Joe doing the same. "Kids look at us." We looked up at Sarah. She was smiling kindly. "We're not angry."

"We realised how we felt about each other. Well I realised, Joe admitted it. We're....we're dating now. We love each other." Joe looked up and said "I want you two to understand that I'm never going to try and replace Ollie. I'd never try to or want to. Not in Lucy's life and not in Billy's." Sarah reached out and took Joes hand. "We know Joe. We know. And I'm glad it's you. Lucy's a daughter to us and we know no one could love her or care for her even half as much as Oliver as you will."