Thanksgiving Homecoming

It's been 2 years since Shadow was sent on a very important G.U.N mission and Knuckles has been missing him terribly. They would talk over the phone whenever Shadow had the chance but it wasn't the same as being physically there. Shadow stopped calling a couple of months ago and Knuckles has been missing him more. Everyone keeps telling him to move on but he knows in his heart he will return to him. Thanksgiving was once around the corner and he met up with his friends to help prepare the dinner. "Hey knux thanks again for helping me out" Amy smiled pulling out a homemade pumpkin pie. "It's no problem Amy." Knuckles replied putting the mashed potatoes in a serving bowl. "HEY IS DINNER READY IM STARVING!" Sonic hollered from the other room. "IT BE FASTER IF YOU HELPED SONIC!" Amy yelled back. Knuckles let's out a chuckle shaking his head at the couple who recently got married last month. Sonic walks in to help set the table while their friends gathered. Knuckles walks over to Rouge and asked her if she's heard from Shadow. "No not since he was sent out on a solo mission and me and omega returned. Sorry sweetie" she replied and saw the sadness in the echidna's face. Before they all could sit down and eat there was a knock at Sonic and Amy's door. "I'll get it" Amy said smiling. "No Ames let me you've done a lot today" knuckles said and goes to the door. "Show time" Tails muttered and held his phone on record. Knuckles opens the door and his heart started to sore as tears formed in his eyes. "Happy Thanksgiving Knux" Shadow smiled tearing up. Knuckles wrapped his arms around Shadow crying into his shoulder and felt the ebony hedgehogs tears on his. "I knew it I just knew he come back to me! This is the best thanksgiving ever!" Knuckles thought with joy forgetting their friends were behind him. Everyone had joyful tears seeing the couple being reunited and shared a kiss but that wasn't all Shadow had planned. Once he entered the house he took knuckles hand and got down on one knee. "Knux you waited for me all this time and shown me devotion and love and I don't want to loose you for that. Will you marry me?" "IS THAT EVEN A QUESTION?! YES YOU IDIOT!!!" Shadow got up and kissed him as their friends all clapped and cheered.

The two are very Thankful to have each other and now will take the next step in their lives.

Hi Guys! I hope you enjoyed this special thanksgiving short! This was inspired by a personal experience of my cousin who is a fellow Knuxadow fan and went through the same thing. I'm proud to say she has celebrated her 10 year anniversary with her wife who is in the Navy.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING GUYS!