Overdose

⚠️WARNING! ⚠️
This part contains strong drug use and might be a sensitive topic for others.
Believe me when I say this prewriting this brought me to tears.

This knuxadow is from the Mario and Sonic Timeline series before the events of the first book IM (NOT) OK

If you know someone who is dealing with a drug addiction try to help the best way you can because in the end the drugs will win by claiming the one you care about.

Let's begin

"Yo shadow...." Sonic said walking up with tails to shadow. "Hey what's wrong?" Shadow asked. "Could you tell me......about that day..... when you found him....." sonic asked. "What do you me—oh.... That day..." shadow said and sonic and tails nods. "Sit down its kinda hard to stand when I tell this..."

Years ago

"Hey knuckles" Shadow smiled walking up to the red echidna. "Oh...hey..." the echidna replied as he turned around. "Whoa hey No offense but you don't look so good...." Shadow said looking into the thin body that once held strong muscles, beautiful purple eyes that appear sunken and dark, and face just paler than usual. "Sorry not getting enough sleep....." he replied to the ebony hedgehog. "Well I thought you might want to come over tonight and hangout I haven't seen you out much in awhile since your sisters funeral....." he asked. "Sorry shadow.... Not today..." knuckles said and turns to walk away. "Wait knuckles please" shadow said walking in front of him. "Knuckles what's be going on with you? I mean it's starting to—" shadow looks down as knuckles covers his arms with sleeves. Shadow grabs knuckles arms and pulled the sleeve up seeing fresh cutting scars. "WHAT THE HELL KNUX! YOU TOLD ME YOU STOPPED AND WOULDNT DO THAT EVER AGAIN!!! KNUCKLES TALK TO ME WHATS GOING ON WITH YIU?! PLEASE TELL ME—" knuckles punches shadow making him release his arm. "Don't you fucking touch me got it" he hissed as shadow was recovering from the shock. "Knux—" "Save it Shadow" knuckles growled and he walks away leaving a shocked and worried shadow.
An hour later Shadow was helping Rouge with her stuff since she was moving in his place when his phone beeped.

Knux: hey Shadz...... I'm sorry about earlier..... could you come over right now I'll tell you what's going on.....

Shadow: yeah of course me and rouge are on the way now

Shadow tell's rouge about the text and they head over to his house. Yet once they arrived Shadow felt something was off. Knuckles yard was unkept and his car looked untouched. "What the hell?" Rouge said. Shadow knocks on the door and rang the bell. No answer. "The fuck?" Shadow said and knocked a bit harder. "Knux come on man open the door" Shadow said. Still no answer. "Shadow come on we just came over fo—" They heard a loud break coming from inside and Rouge kicks down the door. "Knuckles?!" They hollered and Shadow bolts in. He sees knuckles on the floor of the living room lifeless with foam coming out of his mouth surrounded by used heroin jars."ROUGE CALL 9-1-1 NOW!!!" He yelled and went to knuckles holding him up to feel a pulse. It was faint and knuckles breathing was sallow. "ROUGE HOW MUCH LONGER?!" "They're 7 mins out!" "FUCK THIS HE DOESNT HAVE TIME!" Shadow picks knuckles up and uses his vampire speed taking him to the hospital. Shadow burst through the ER holding knuckles limped body. "I NEED HELP!!!! SOMEONE PLEASE!!!!" He yelled. "Oh my god Knuckles!" Cream yelled and called for a bed. "Shadow what happened?" Cream said examining knuckles in shadows arms. "We...we found him I think.... He overdosed.... On heroin." Shadow was in tears at this point. He put knuckles on the bed and knuckles was rolled straight in leaving shadow alone in the waiting room in tears. "Please....god please..... I hope I wasn't too late...." Shadow thought. He was so focused on knuckles he didn't even think about calling the others. Rouge rushed in then saw shadow in tears and ran over to hug him. "I can't believe it... he was on drugs this whole time..... why couldn't we have figured it out sooner.... It's our fault..." shadow cried. "Shadow knuckles made us believe it wasn't you know he's good at hiding his feelings..." "But he could die rouge! God! He could..." shadow cups his face with his hands and cried into them. His heart breaks knowing knuckles might not live and he will lose someone he truly cares about. Another hour goes by and Rouge walks back into the waiting room with coffee and a Cinnabon for shadow. "Here babe..." she said and Shadow refused the treat. "Im not hungry or thirsty...." Shadow growled. "Shadow—" "Rouge just drop it" shadow snapped. "Look im worried about him too but you shouldn't act that way towards me! You think you're hurting finding him that way well don't forget I was right there with you!" She snapped back and shadow looked up seeing the tear stains from her makeup. "You're right im sorry...." Shadow said and takes the treats as she sat down. "I added a blood tablet in your coffee by the way..." she said. "Thanks..." shadow drinks the coffee and splits the Cinnabon with her. "Shadow? Rouge?" Cream said walking into the waiting room. "Knuckles is he ok?" Shadow said. "He's alive but alseep right now.... if you waited another five mins he wouldn't have pulled through. What ever dose he use was laced with an extra component. So we had to use more Narcan and another drug fighting drug to save his life." Cream said holding back tears. "Can we see him?" "Yes come" she takes them to the room he was placed in and shadow sighs seeing the sleeping echidna and went to him. What Rouge doesn't know is that deep down shadow still loved knuckles (Read Shadows Secret if you want to know more) as more than a friend. Shadow stayed by his side the next two days while cream and rouge come check in regularly. Rouge would bring in clothes and food for shadow and stay for awhile. Then as shadow placed his hand on knuckle's hand he noticed knuckles started to wake up. "ROUGE CREAM HES WAKING UP!" He shouted and they run as purple eyes flutter open. "Welcome back knux cream said. "What happ—" shadow slaps knuckles across the face. "WHY DIDNT YOU TELL US?! WE ALMOST LOST YOU!!!" Shadow yelled after the joy of knuckles waking up was son over power by anger. Rouge starts to yell too asking the same question until cream calming them down. "Knuckles.... You overdosed and almost died on my table. Shadow and rouge found you clinging to life. You're seriously lucky they showed up when they did because we would be making funeral plans for you." Cream said sternly tears falling. "Now I'm saying this not just as your doctor but your friend. You need help and I'm going to send you to get clean understand" she said and knuckles teared up feeling shame that he let his addiction get this far. "Yes....but please don't tell anyone else..... I'm ashamed of what I done..... just please I don't want them to worry anymore and tell them I'm traveling....." knuckles looks down crying and shadow hugs him. "We promise." He said. Cream nods and grabs a laptop to put in Knuckles's health information for the rehabilitation center she will be sending him to. Once discharged from the hospital knuckles left for the center leaving shadow with his heart heavy in worry.

"Knuckles I promise when you return home I won't ever let you go again...."

Present time

"It was the hardest thing I ever dealt with.... Though now I think it was Katherine who sent me that text message.... Since she was there to keep him alive.... We just didn't know it at time." Shadow teared up and the two hedgehogs and fox looked over at knuckles seeing him smiling and laughing as he tossed a frisbee over to silver.

"But he's here now and that's all that matters now"