I need to know

Request by Vivepei

Shadow growls being dragged by the young fox. "Tails why am I here?" Shadow said. "Well I need you and sonic to help me out with an experiment" the young adult smiled. "I rather be on Angel Island with knuckles than this....." Shadow thought.

Hours later

Knuckles closed the wood shed after chopping up some firewood and heads into his home. As he set the tea kettle on the stove burner he hears someone knocking on his door. "On time as always" he smiled and opens the door. "Hey sha- sonic? What are you doing here?" Knuckles asked. "Can I not visit my friend" he smiled walking in. "Well im just surprised to see you today" he replied closing the door. "Say um did you see shadow by any chance?" Knuckles asked. Sonic seemed a bit hesitant but smiled. "Yeah he came by to help tails and me out with tails new experiment..... it didn't go well and Shadow got sick... he wanted me to come and let you know" sonic said and knuckles nods. "Ok thanks" knuckles said and walks into the kitchen. "So ummmm knux I got to ask...." Sonic follows him into the kitchen. "What?" Knuckles pours the hot water into the mugs. "Do you have feelings for shadow?" Sonic asked and knuckles sighs as he sets the kettle down. "Come on I need to know man" sonic said. "Yes.... For a few months now.... I just can't get him out of my head.... Like how you think about Amy....." he sets the mug on the table and sonic takes a sip. "Well like what?" He asked and the echidna sips on his tea leaning on the counter before speaking. "We'll just that we connect.... We're both stubborn but we gone through a lot.... Plus he visits me more than anyone.. no offense sonic" "none taken" "anyways.... It's just a small crush.... I don't want to risk our friendship if he doesn't feel the same...." Knuckles sips on the tea. "Hey you won't know unless you take the risk knucklehead" sonic smiled in a supportive way. "Thanks... but this is a risk I can't make...." He sits down across from the hedgehog. The two talk a for an hour before sonic receives a text from tails and leaves. "Finally! I can't wait to get back in my body!" He thought.

Sonic arrives seeing shadow waiting. "Where did you run off to in my body shadow" the sonic said in Shadows body. "Sorry there was something I wanted to know without a special person knowing it was me and now once I'm back in my body I'm going to tell him." Shadow said in Sonic's body. "Ok you two let's switch you both back!" Tails smiled. With a flash of light Shadow and Sonic return to thier bodies. Shadow wasted no more time and headed back to Angel Island where knuckles had just step outside his front door. "Shadow? I thought you were sick?" He said as the dark hedgehog walked up. "I was but I'm better now." He said and cups the echidnas face. "So much better~" Shadow smiled gazing into knuckles stunning purple eyes as he leaned closer placing his lips on his.

Knuckles happily returns the kiss